Change your Player ID Name to something that isn't PN9036729485 or similar

pso2-playerID.png

Video version

Want a Player ID in game that isn't a PN ID with 10 digits trailing? You can customize these as you wish in the JP version. Evidence by my friend list below. pso20200317_005047_000.png

Do note that wording will most likely be different in the official NA release, but the option should be in the same location when you log in.

Step 1: Log into your ship, but don't progress to Character Select. pso20200317_004839_001.png

Step 2: Choose 'Change Player ID Name' from the Support Menu. You are eligible for one free name change per account. pso20200317_004905_002.png

Step 3: Enter your new Player ID Name: pso20200317_004921_003.png

Once this is entered and accepted, your name is changed to the one you entered.

Step 4 (Optional): If you are unhappy with your new name down the track, you will be able to change your Player ID Name for a fee. pso20200317_004928_004.png

Note: Fees may be different from that of the JP version, so take this with pricing with a grain of salt.

Now you get to roam around the ships without looking like someone who just downloaded the game!

DO NOT PAY AC FOR YOUR FIRST NAME CHANGE! This is a known bug, close the game and reopen it if it charges you for your first Player ID Name Change.

Super helpful, thank you!

Awesome guide.

What's 100 AC equal in JP servers? For NA 3000 AC is equal to about 30.00 USD. DAMN! I will have to check in the morning.

@Ar1masenka 100AC equals 100JPY.

First name change should be free as far as I'm aware. Assuming the game gave you one of these default names.

That's what I thought as well, but it's not for me. So I sent a ticket in to support.

Close the game and reopen it, it's a known bug. It shouldn't be charging you for your first Player ID Name change.

Tried it. No luck. Thus the ticket. I've tried several days in a row, and even reboot the Xbox from a cold boot. It takes me to the Purchase Screen when I go to change it, and there's no other option available.

I changed mine from the Support Menu after Ship Select. Instead of going to your Character Menu, hit Support. First one is free.

@Spyder-ZT said in Change your Player ID Name to something that isn't PN9036729485 or similar:

Tried it. No luck. Thus the ticket. I've tried several days in a row, and even reboot the Xbox from a cold boot. It takes me to the Purchase Screen when I go to change it, and there's no other option available.

Yeah, if this is happening, I'd be after Support tickets myself.

Do you know what the worst part of this is. I remember noting the difference in terminology back when I started, but I completely forgot that Support Menu Option existed. -.- Nothing to see here, just a dummy. Though I think the UI could be a bit clearer, since that's an easy way to cover my ignorance. -.-