How do you even defeat Fiend phaleg (Or whatever her name is)?

@ZeeHero9271 said in How do you even defeat Fiend phaleg (Or whatever her name is)?:

Theres clearly some cheat or people are stomping her with max geared level 90 characters, to a level 80 character with a nemesis weapon and ivdla units its a 100% un winnable battle. some of her attacks WILL HIT YOU no matter what, I dont care if you are the god of gaming, latency is a thing.

also the ones that always hit always stunlock til you die. This isn't a fair fight, or one you can win on level.

FYI I do not suck. I know how to read her moves, I am often the only one who doesn't die on XH dragon UQs, Red and Black.

When I say this fight is unfair and rigged, I am saying it becuase it's unfair and rigged. Maybe if I was level 90 with a maxed out weapon I'd feel differently but this is ep4 content bros. it shouldn't be balanced for level 90.

sure thing bro

My personal experience with that fight so far has been, uh... let's say interesting.

At first I tried to "gitgut", so I went in with my Jet Boots and just danced around spamming dodge-WA for the iframes to watch her moves until I saw an opening, then went ham and backed off again. Couldn't even get a phase transition no matter how long I held out. My record was around 5 minutes. So I tried Soaring Blades. Turns out: She occasionally ignores the frontal guard frames during the drawing animation of Justice Crow. It doesn't happen often, but when it does, it's basically over. I don't know why, but since it's a split second thing and I sit in the EU, a lost network packet that needs to be resent would already suffice, so I reckon it's due to network shenanigans. In any case, that became frustrating fast, so I eventually turned to look for cheese.

I found a nice one with Soaring Blades: Starlings Fall to shoot myself up in the air, then spamming Justice Crow and WA to stay at that altitude and bombard her nonstop while she jumps around and pounds air. This did at least allow me to transition to phase 2, but it took five minutes to get there. Five minutes of a 7 minute fight with 100% uptime? I get that I didn't use the highest DPS combo there, but... yuck. That's when I knew for sure that lass is tanky.

That was at 75 with the old Revolsio + 30, though. That's not exactly great gear, so I figured the issue will solve itself in time. Now at 90, I tried it again with Jet Boots, Jutus +35. Trying to do it normally once again proved to be a pointless endeavour - Even with Shifta, Shifta Drink, Ice Element load and the obligatory Crit Field, using only her openings for DPS doesn't suffice for a timely phase transition. It needs to be less than three and a half minutes. And I did find a way to do that: Relying on Iron Will procs to just ignore whatever she's doing and going full DPS. It's entirely luck based, but it does get her to phase two in just under 3 minutes when it works.

So on the bright side: Using these cheeses, I'll definitely be able to beat her once my gear improves. But, uh... it all feels very off.

He is correct and the fight is indeed unwinnable. They designed it as a practical joke and even at level 90 with 14* weapons this fight cannot be done. They need to fix this optional battle so that I feel gratified in completing it and get my 20 stargems.

@The-Raven said in How do you even defeat Fiend phaleg (Or whatever her name is)?:

He is correct and the fight is indeed unwinnable. They designed it as a practical joke and even at level 90 with 14* weapons this fight cannot be done. They need to fix this optional battle so that I feel gratified in completing it and get my 20 stargems.

WOGGERS

@The-Raven said in How do you even defeat Fiend phaleg (Or whatever her name is)?:

IS THAT THE RECENTLY UNBANNED RAVEN!?

REDEMPTION! WOGGERS!

Daichi's advice was really great but... since I play with japnese audio, what lines will she be using for her attacks instead?

also, I doubt I can beat her as I am now (since i'm only a 55/30+ Bouncer/Gunner, that mainly uses Soaring Blades), but any advice aimed towards Soaring Blade- users

I prob won't be able to defeat her till after I switch to Bouncer/Etoile, but hey, doesn't hurt to at least get knowledge ouo/

Here's some videos for people who think they can't complete Phaleg because they don't have good gear:

1☆ weapon No hit S rank

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNsNjUVOE0s

PSO2 Demon Phaleg Duel with Fi (only 1* knux, no units, 0 damage taken)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQTT2FkT_wA

PSO2 - Demon Phaleg 【HERO】 (LV39) - 1:39

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3hTrtnDGq0

PSO2 - Demon Phaleg 【HERO】 (LV1)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCezzu5hmJw

It's not a gear problem if you can't beat Phaleg. It's not a "Phaleg is unbeatable" problem. It's a skill problem.

@ZeeHero9271 said in How do you even defeat Fiend phaleg (Or whatever her name is)?:

Theres clearly some cheat or people are stomping her with max geared level 90 characters, to a level 80 character with a nemesis weapon and ivdla units its a 100% un winnable battle. some of her attacks WILL HIT YOU no matter what, I dont care if you are the god of gaming, latency is a thing.

also the ones that always hit always stunlock til you die. This isn't a fair fight, or one you can win on level.

FYI I do not suck. I know how to read her moves, I am often the only one who doesn't die on XH dragon UQs, Red and Black.

When I say this fight is unfair and rigged, I am saying it becuase it's unfair and rigged. Maybe if I was level 90 with a maxed out weapon I'd feel differently but this is ep4 content bros. it shouldn't be balanced for level 90.

True, Phaleg is a completely impossible fight to win unless you're a Haxx0r, because no level 80~90 character can beat it despite having NT-grade gears that have stats which are way over the ep4 threshold!

Not dying often in Crimson Dragon and Red/Black is the best way to show you're skilled, because you're not dying since you don't have aggro!

Also, all hail the necromancer.

@SeriPSO2 I think this all just demonstrates what the expert matching system wants to look for . People who does have it, and to weed out people who simply don't have it. Guess this case is closed on my end.

And yeah, necromancers... We are in October, after all.

The fight is client side. The only time latency matters is during damage calculation. You're literally objectively wrong. Please stop spreading misinformation.

This fight has been beat by JP players with no units and 1* gear before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4d8HJ5DGr-A https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOj9cLY854E

Coincidentally, these 2 videos are by the same person.

A lot of this game is client side with damage calculation being server side. There are only a handful of situations where server lag effects enemies, and generally when it happens; it's caused by who the host of the room/MPA is. Even rarer is when there is MASSIVE server side lag, and what that does is that it STOPS some of the enemies (typically just bosses) from moving and you get no damage calculation.

That being said, the Phaleg that EN PSO2 has is the revamped Phaleg that was designed for EP6 (If not, it was for EP5.) While you do have all the skill tree balance, you guys are still below our power levels relative to when Phaleg was rebalanced for stronger players. So there is a chance that EN's relative speed for clearing Phaleg is lower than ours at the point of rebalance.

Despite this, the behavior is the exact same as it was from EP4 Phaleg's initial release. Meaning its just as easy to avoid her attacks now as it was like 4 years ago. The only problem is that EN needs a bit more time to clear Phaleg so you're exposed to her attacks longer than we were. So with enough mastery of the fight, it's still trivial.

@GHNeko said in How do you even defeat Fiend phaleg (Or whatever her name is)?:

A lot of this game is client side with damage calculation being server side. There are only a handful of situations where server lag effects enemies, and generally when it happens; it's caused by who the host of the room/MPA is. Even rarer is when there is MASSIVE server side lag, and what that does is that it STOPS some of the enemies (typically just bosses) from moving and you get no damage calculation.

You are hereby under arrest for murdering my convenient excuse for not bothering to get better at Braver/Hero counters in cold blood.

On a more serious note: Heartening information. So I'm not a priori at as much of a disadvantage as I thought. Does that mean rooms can go poof if the host leaves, though?

@Zoe said in How do you even defeat Fiend phaleg (Or whatever her name is)?:

@GHNeko said in How do you even defeat Fiend phaleg (Or whatever her name is)?:

You are hereby under arrest for murdering my convenient excuse for not bothering to get better at Braver/Hero counters in cold blood.

On a more serious note: Heartening information. So I'm not a priori at as much of a disadvantage as I thought. Does that mean rooms can go poof if the host leaves, though?

To the best of my recollection: When the host drops from the MPA; what ends up happening is that if the host was severely lagging; the bosses will pause/lag, the damage calculations will stop, actives might not immediately activate, and iframes granted from skills may be delayed (so the invincibility from Stalwart Will or Combat Escape may not immediately activate; causing a rare situation where you die when you shouldn't). During this process someone else becomes the host and all the data that was trying to be sent through from client to server will flood in/out at once. After that, if the new host is good and/or the server itself isnt massively lagging, the game will resume the expected level of play that one would expect from a no-lag situation.

If the host wasnt lagging at all, the game continues as if just a random player had happened to drop.

There is some variance to the order, intensity, and rate of occurrence when a laggy host drops; but you can generally expect these types of symptoms.

@GHNeko

Thanks for the explanation! So if push comes to shove, there's host migration. That's comforting.

@Jochira-the-Dark-Falz said in How do you even defeat Fiend phaleg (Or whatever her name is)?:

Daichi's advice was really great but... since I play with japnese audio, what lines will she be using for her attacks instead?

also, I doubt I can beat her as I am now (since i'm only a 55/30+ Bouncer/Gunner, that mainly uses Soaring Blades), but any advice aimed towards Soaring Blade- users

I prob won't be able to defeat her till after I switch to Bouncer/Etoile, but hey, doesn't hurt to at least get knowledge ouo/

Shi*.

Sorry though can't help with the Japanese since I haven't played it, but I'm under the assumption each audio tell is different; you may just have to learn a few key phrases even without the meaning and learn to react based on it. If you find yourself a little too panicked to do it in game you could maybe try watching videos to memorize the audio cues.

As for level... idk, maybe some one who's a literal god at the game could beat her under level 75, with a wep lower than 13*'s (unless maybe hero?)... but that definitely isn't me. I'd focus on leveling first, and be sure to get sub up.

@ the people saying it's literally impossible I found a video that will answer all your responses in relation to the fight being unfair and needs to be changed especially the final message: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khBp_FCWA6k

If you can beat Genichiro Ashina in Sekiro, a relatively early boss; you can beat Phaleg.

To address specific concerns:

No cheat, your level doesn't affect this fight as much as the others, This isn't like episode 3 where we were underleveled and AIS's stats directly scales with your level. Being 90 doesn't make a big difference either, in fact 75 is realistically all you need for a well rounded functional build, and going 80 from there only substantially gives "High level bonus" skill for the free 5% dmg. Going 90 beyond that offers more variability in choice but is not substantial enough to carry anyone. Also keep in mind prior to your post Everyone posting was 80 or under, and probably using a nemesis, and units worse than ivl. Also damage only matters for S-rank. But pretty much anyone with a +35 Nemesis for that sweet 17% should be able to clear it.

There are none that "always hit" unless Maybe if you are a caster with mirage, and no short mirage ring. I could see how her triple dash could kill you, as she'd land her attack as soon as you finish; but that's reasonably fixed. Other than that EVERYTHING is avoidable, if not 0 damage runs wouldn't exist... and they do.

This is irrelevant, and if you do or if you don't is reasonably up for debate. It's a bit subjective; I think it still remains in question if "someone can be incapable of beating Phaleg but not suck", and personally I'd argue yes, someone can be incapable of defeating her and not suck. But I'm sure the more "elite" side of the community may draw a different consensus.

Personally my criteria of "suckage" is usually when ignorant people, instead of looking for knowledge and trying to understand, complain about something being unfair, and accusing those capable of somehow exploiting or cheating; as an attempt to diminish their own lack of accomplishment and to hide their own ineptitude... Good thing no one here is like that.

But regarding dragon, one thing does not equate to the other, and frankly Black dragon is easier than Phaleg for several reasons, including the nature of his attacks; I can no damage black dragon easier than I can no damage phaleg, and often I'm the one holding the aggro (cuz ilbarta is insane). Plus Black dragon is over all more forgiving going for the S-rank considering there is no heal nerf. Also it's very easy to get carried through dragon while simply staying alive, not that I'm accusing you of such. However, if you're not killing phaleg I also doubt you have the DPS to hold aggro through most of the fight; meaning you might get more leeway than you realize.

"I say it is; there for it is." is not sound reasoning and only displays your ignorance, I don't know what you mean by a "maxed out weapon" and if that includes affixes, or if you mean 14* weps that are affixed (considering your criteria is level 90). But all you need is for the nemesis or slave/raven to be 35 and you'd arguably do better damage than most Atlas and Lumiere setups.

No man, you're just not good enough. Keep trying.