How do you even defeat Fiend phaleg (Or whatever her name is)?

@BarrelHunter said in How do you even defeat Fiend phaleg (Or whatever her name is)?:

@BronzeAgeBrain Daggers Twirl is a block, Knuckles Sway is a dodge And Whirlwind parry is.. self-explanatory. Additionally, as fighter, your Overload will fully heal you once it expires. Ideally, just go Fi/hu max out Ironwill and Stalwart Spirit, Guard stance, absorption, and Healing Guard (works with Double saber weapon action) put a 2 points into fighter Overload (so the status affect only lasts 15 seconds (Stalwart Spirit lasts 15 seconds at cap, so you'd be ostensibly invulnerable during) Critical Strike, Adrenaline, and cap out Slayer, beat and heart skills, and you will be able to heal against her. Take an ice weapon that specializes in single target attacks.

For Techter, go Te/hu take Nabarta Type 0 (heals through absorption and Healing Guard), and just proceed to dash'n Smash with an ice weapon with Reactor and wand lovers on.

Did it with Fighter. Took more Iron will rolls than I’m proud of after switching out of knuckles and into TD, but I beat her all the same. The build you are suggesting is probably a bit extreme for one optional quest. I was specifically talking about counter damage. Fighter has plenty of I-frame and guard-frame attacks to get through. You still need to play really well, but it’s more than possible.

Techter is no lie probably easier to do with Te/Fi than Te/Hu given similar affixes. Just pretend your a poor mans Fo/Te and it’s S rankable. Otherwise from experience Te/Hu doesn’t have the damage. Just Ice element and Nabarta-0 doesn’t get you to phase 2 with enough time to complete, even with a Nemesis wand. You need to be juggling at least Ramegid-0 at the same time, and/or getting sneaky Zanverse casts out. That requires managing Ramegid-0, barta for when you need to reset wand lovers, and dealing with Phaleg at the same time. Oooooor you grab a talis with your rod and Ilbarta through the first phase with Te/Fi and then Ilgrants/wand smack through the second.

@Knight-Raime said in How do you even defeat Fiend phaleg (Or whatever her name is)?:

@BFGesus-0 You'll need to crush Phaleg if you'll want to be able to que into expert MM. Which is basically a special que for supposed pros can go to find other pros and not have to worry about carrying us casuals through content. Considering your kind of behavior and how you present yourself here i'm sure that would be invaluable for you.

Let it be, expert matchmaking is made to avoid toxic players.

@Shirokami07

Probably a good idea. People like that don't really listen they just complain. Hopefully you're right about that though. Would be nice to match with some more chill people that know what they're doing. For now I just have to stick to the highest difficulty for UQ's and hope more people there know what they're doing than not.

Expert matchmaking is a thing and is non-toxic? Have you played any other online game in your life because I can save you time now and say that you're dead wrong. There will always be toxic players in every player bracket.

@BFGesus-0 said in How do you even defeat Fiend phaleg (Or whatever her name is)?:

Expert matchmaking is a thing and is non-toxic? Have you played any other online game in your life because I can save you time now and say that you're dead wrong. There will always be toxic players in every player bracket.

At least you can filter out the ones leeching intentionally because they really can't do any better 🙂

I clicked this thread so I’d have some tips going into this fight this week but somehow it got derailed into some strange gloating party and criticizing players that can’t beat it yet.

Anyways. I main a bow br/hu, any basic advice? Final Nemesis is generally my boss killer but seeing as how this boss requires more fancy footwork, I’m not going to be able to spam that. I’m pretty good at dodging and surviving but DPS could use work. I have a maxed out nem and units. I know the fight would be easier at 90 but it would be nice to beat it sooner.

@Milk not an expert and have yet defeat her, but if you want a good trys at her, i recommend you to use katana on the first phase to do full damage on phase 2, otherwise it will be like 50% damage, something like that because she is like anga, get resist vs the weapon you used in phase 1. A side form that, some videos seems to use rapid fire on some breathing rooms but seems like it need a lot of practice to get them right

@QQ-Ramza-QQ

Sounds like a good challenge! Thanks for the tips. Could I simply weapon swap another bow? My build is only for bow, I’ve probably made things harder for myself but I love it.

"Stop ERPing in B1, and git gud" - quote from a funny youtube vid I saw :^)

But seriously: If you know her moves you can beat her it only then becomes a war of attrition and if you can do enough damage to get that S-Rank. This is essentially a Sekiro fight.

Suggestion: Lock on, this will help you track her and keep an eye out for her animations.

Break down of her moves:

"I can run circles around you!" - Ranged stun with a lengthy charge time, You can see the energy gathering closer giving the obvious tell. You only need to dodge when she fires meaning if you feel you can get a few hits in go for it.

"You wont escape!" - Two energy blades in both hands as she runs at you for a multi hit kill combo, just get out of the way you can dodge through or past her if you need to. Follows up with "How do you like that!?"

"There!" - Does a pretty evident clock wise twirl before charging at you with a upper-cut kick, This should also be slow enough to dodge and also gives you an opportunity to get some damage in. Follows up with "How do you like that!?"

"How do you like that!?"- Jumps into the air and lands with a fire blast. Dodge or be out of range of the fire blast.

"I have you now!" - dashes forward twice, kicking forward sending out an energy wave, she maintains her trajectory if you avoid one blade you can likely avoid the other.

A lot of her moves come in pairs so watch out for it.

"Ha! x2-3" - (hardest move to deal with imo) This has no audio tell before she does it. She crouches down and dashes to your current location regardless of altitude shouting "Ha!, Ha!" You need to evade this and learn it's timing to do it consistently. Sometimes she will do Two Dashes and follow up with one of the other attacks. OR will do three dashes in a row. Either way they often (but not always) come in two sets of three.

be careful for the second set, you will often need to wait for it to finish, just because she did a move you're familiar with doesn't mean she's open; it's dangerous to get into an offensive mindset after the first set. She will often say "Are you done?" when she's vulnerable after the second set giving you a chance to get in some hits.

Pattern Examples: "Ha!, Ha!, You won't escape! (then) Ha!, Ha!, Ha!" or "Ha!, Ha!, I can run circles around you!, I have you now, (then) Ha!, Ha!, Ha!". Often finishing with "You done?"

Phase 2: Her follow ups seemingly come out a little faster, (pretty sure) she will do increased damage, and whatever weapon you used to damage her with (or tech element) she will have resistance to. You now also have stage hazards with red circle rings on the floor, and she's not afraid to double up on "I can run circles around you." -Warning-: She will break target lock-on just before going into her new pattern prepare to re-target.

"Do try not to die" - (her only new move in Phase 2) She will shoot a line of fire at you three times, each one following a short repositioning dash, just be patient and dodge it, wait for the third (and any possible follow ups) before DPSing her, She is usually vulnerable after this. Preferably dodge towards the side, if you try and evade backwards or forwards you may be caught in it's hurt box.

Extra tips: If you're struggling to get that S-Rank you can grab damage buffs from Alliance and drink on the bridge before each attempt. Don't bother buffing for defense you should play assuming every attack is going to kill you anyways.

This is how I beat her; Hope this helps.

Side note for casters: If you hit her with your Rod or Talis to get PP she seems to resist all the tech elements from that weapon type? Not sure if bug but I ran into this when I was first doing it and haven't tested since.

@Daishi said in How do you even defeat Fiend phaleg (Or whatever her name is)?:

"Stop ERPing in B1, and git gud" - quote from a funny youtube vid I saw :^)

But seriously: If you know her moves you can beat her it only then becomes a war of attrition and if you can do enough damage to get that S-Rank. This is essentially a Sekiro fight.

Suggestion: Lock on, this will help you track her and keep an eye out for her animations.

Break down of her moves:

"I can run circles around you!" - Ranged stun with a lengthy charge time, You can see the energy gathering closer giving the obvious tell. You only need to dodge when she fires meaning if you feel you can get a few hits in go for it.

"You wont escape!" - Two energy blades in both hands as she runs at you for a multi hit kill combo, just get out of the way you can dodge through or past her if you need to. Follows up with "How do you like that!?"

"There!" - Does a pretty evident clock wise twirl before charging at you with a upper-cut kick, This should also be slow enough to dodge and also gives you an opportunity to get some damage in. Follows up with "How do you like that!?"

"How do you like that!?"- Jumps into the air and lands with a fire blast. Dodge or be out of range of the fire blast.

"I have you now!" - dashes forward twice, kicking forward sending out an energy wave, she maintains her trajectory if you avoid one blade you can likely avoid the other.

A lot of her moves come in pairs so watch out for it.

"Ha! x2-3" - (hardest move to deal with imo) This has no audio tell before she does it. She crouches down and dashes to your current location regardless of altitude shouting "Ha!, Ha!" You need to evade this and learn it's timing to do it consistently. Sometimes she will do Two Dashes and follow up with one of the other attacks. OR will do three dashes in a row. Either way they often (but not always) come in two sets of three.

be careful for the second set, you will often need to wait for it to finish, just because she did a move you're familiar with doesn't mean she's open; it's dangerous to get into an offensive mindset after the first set. She will often say "Are you done?" when she's vulnerable after the second set giving you a chance to get in some hits.

Pattern Examples: "Ha!, Ha!, You won't escape! (then) Ha!, Ha!, Ha!" or "Ha!, Ha!, I can run circles around you!, I have you now, (then) Ha!, Ha!, Ha!". Often finishing with "You done?"

Phase 2: Her follow ups seemingly come out a little faster, (pretty sure) she will do increased damage, and whatever weapon you used to damage her with (or tech element) she will have resistance to. You now also have stage hazards with red circle rings on the floor, and she's not afraid to double up on "I can run circles around you." -Warning-: She will break target lock-on just before going into her new pattern prepare to re-target.

"Do try not to die" - (her only new move in Phase 2) She will shoot a line of fire at you three times, each one following a short repositioning dash, just be patient and dodge it, wait for the third (and any possible follow ups) before DPSing her, She is usually vulnerable after this. Preferably dodge towards the side, if you try and evade backwards or forwards you may be caught in it's hurt box.

Extra tips: If you're struggling to get that S-Rank you can grab damage buffs from Alliance and drink on the bridge before each attempt. Don't bother buffing for defense you should play assuming every attack is going to kill you anyways.

This is how I beat her; Hope this helps.

Side note for casters: If you hit her with your Rod or Talis to get PP she seems to resist all the tech elements from that weapon type? Not sure if bug but I ran into this when I was first doing it and haven't tested since.

Now this is the info we were looking for, thanks.

@Daishi

This was immensely helpful, thank you! It sounds like her dialog will be the key to memorizing her moves, then.

@Milk another bow is not recommended since it get resistance to the weapon type not the weapon you used per se and the tips Daishi gave are pretty nice ones actually

@QQ-Ramza-QQ

Oh I see! I wasn’t sure if that’s the case. Time to dust off the ol’ katana, then.

Theres clearly some cheat or people are stomping her with max geared level 90 characters, to a level 80 character with a nemesis weapon and ivdla units its a 100% un winnable battle. some of her attacks WILL HIT YOU no matter what, I dont care if you are the god of gaming, latency is a thing.

also the ones that always hit always stunlock til you die. This isn't a fair fight, or one you can win on level.

FYI I do not suck. I know how to read her moves, I am often the only one who doesn't die on XH dragon UQs, Red and Black.

When I say this fight is unfair and rigged, I am saying it becuase it's unfair and rigged. Maybe if I was level 90 with a maxed out weapon I'd feel differently but this is ep4 content bros. it shouldn't be balanced for level 90.

Haven't beaten nor tried this one in a long while. I left this activity on the back burner for when I can have SOME actual time to sit with patience and do it. BUt, the one advice i can give is to first go without attacking. This will be just you learning to dodge all her moves and stuff. Of course, you won't be winning those because you won't be attacking. just reload and keep studying her moves until you can evade them all. THEN you can start seeing where to place your attacks. this is where you start to actively try to beat her.

But yes, the fight is winnable and people have done it underleveled and undergeared. In my case, I'm simply too slow for these and doubt my age and current health problems will give me much of a chance, outside of luck, to beat it. It's the same that's happening to me with the Blade and Soul solo bosses (and those DO have one-shot mechs). I totally know what to do. I totally see the attack coming. But no matter how hard I order my hands to press the dodge button, they press it too slowly, or press a totally different button. And if I try to do it beforehand, I end up overshooting. Guess old age made a klutz out of me.... Wonder if by the next decade I'll be unable to even control a microwave...