How do you even defeat Fiend phaleg (Or whatever her name is)?

@Charus Only advice I can really give you is make sure you have a shifta drink, miracle rations, stirfry, and alliance 20% attack buff. I finally S ranked her today using the above with a +35 ice element fornis katana with crappy affixes (and a +35 fornis bow at the last moment for some desperate final nemesis shots) and the default store bought union set for units. It took me hours to finally get under 3 minutes, but I could relatively consistenly clear her with A ranks otherwise when I didn't completely derp and eat one of her attacks. Also got hit by the very first attack an embarrassing number of times lol.

Also try to stay in her face with the katana since countering will hit twice if she's in range of your normal attacks. I think my counters hit for 60k+ each hit with gear release and still in the 50ks without during the phirst phase, and in the 30ks with a shifta essence in the second phase.

@Charus said in How do you even defeat Fiend phaleg (Or whatever her name is)?:

I have been pulling perfect guards and cosistently dealing damage to her (Each hit deals from 8000 to 20000+ damage), for 3 minutes straight, and she is still in the first phase, I would end up dying by messing up.

(Yes I have been practicing her attack moves in order to do perfect parry for 2 hours straight, just fucking kill me at this point)

Yeah, that’s a gear problem my dude. When my Te/Hu not affixed wand smacks are doing more damage than your katana parry then it’s time to invest in a better Katana.

Are you not at +35? Aren’t using 13*? After glancing at some videos I see numbers usually up in the 60-90k range or thereabouts for a katana parry. I’m assuming that those videos have pretty good affixes/Nemesis stuff, but even then I wouldn’t expect much less than that for a Gix or whatever.

@coldreactive said in How do you even defeat Fiend phaleg (Or whatever her name is)?:

@BronzeAgeBrain said in How do you even defeat Fiend phaleg (Or whatever her name is)?:

and parry

[ cries in Force and Bouncer Jet Boots. ]

Fighter says:

“Parry? What’s that?”

Techter says:

“Damage? What’s that?”

I’ll get her one day with those two. It’s probably going to take me into episode 5 to do it, but I’ll do it.

@BronzeAgeBrain said in How do you even defeat Fiend phaleg (Or whatever her name is)?:

@coldreactive said in How do you even defeat Fiend phaleg (Or whatever her name is)?:

and parry

[ cries in Force and Bouncer Jet Boots. ]

Fighter says:

“Parry? What’s that?”

Techter says:

“Damage? What’s that?”

I’ll get her one day with those two. It’s probably going to take me into episode 5 to do it, but I’ll do it.

As mentioned elsewhere, the problem is that the base game of PSO2NA/Global has the buffs/nerfs/etc. all the way up to Episode 6 already. But we don't have the actual content up to Episode 6 yet.

@BronzeAgeBrain Well, I'm already using a 13* rarity Katana, gained one from Pina equipment officer. I only messed up the Augments by accident because of noob mistakes in augment affixing. My 13* katana now has 50+ HP, 5+ PP and 30 melee power bonus.

Just a side note, you can cheat her by using Deceptor Double PA from launcher.

This boss fight is just a reason for them to go, "har har we can put a super shitty boss in our game that you can't beat without using an OP class!". It also proves that ranger is a weak ass class. Deceptor double doesn't always work. I can beat her first phase without taking a single hit, but the 2nd phase is where they really crank up the shit meter. Random fireballs that drop from the sky kill me in one hit with circuray/circunion gear at 80/80. How and why? Why is this a thing? And all you get is a stupid phantom emblem if you beat her. What a waste of time...

I was struggling in getting a good pattern with her for a few hrs. It wasn't until I augmented a 2nd weapon (as I was originally using only one) that I managed to clutch S-Rank her at 2:59 using ranger/summoner. Its fairly easy to dodge her attacks and once you learn how her AI works you can manipulate a few of her moves.

1. Be braver
  2. Get Katana
  3. Git gud and parry every single attack

Enjoy your rank S.

@BFGesus-0 said in How do you even defeat Fiend phaleg (Or whatever her name is)?:

This boss fight is just a reason for them to go, "har har we can put a super shitty boss in our game that you can't beat without using an OP class!". It also proves that ranger is a weak ass class. Deceptor double doesn't always work. I can beat her first phase without taking a single hit, but the 2nd phase is where they really crank up the shit meter. Random fireballs that drop from the sky kill me in one hit with circuray/circunion gear at 80/80. How and why? Why is this a thing? And all you get is a stupid phantom emblem if you beat her. What a waste of time...

Is this a lack of skill and excuses I see?

I've seen rangers defeat phaleg just right.

Aaaand you're not supposed to be hit, that's why you die.

As an alternative, wait a few more days for level 90 cap + hero and new gear all of which should make her easier.

@TsundereMuse said in How do you even defeat Fiend phaleg (Or whatever her name is)?:

As an alternative, wait a few more days for level 90 cap + hero and new gear all of which should make her easier.

Ooor take the chance to train and improve in the game.

Phaleg is designed to make you fight differently compared to everything else. Most bosses you fight you can just roll with enough damage but Phaleg requires you to learn how to be offensive and defensive. If all you're looking for is the ability to say "I beat her" then wait till you hit 90 with hero come EP 5. The amount of damage successor classes can dish out just with counters is rather insane.

Also her second phase gives her resistance to whatever weapon you've been using against her. So the second phase is going to drag on unless you are someone that uses more than one weapon.

@Knight-Raime said in How do you even defeat Fiend phaleg (Or whatever her name is)?:

Phaleg is designed to make you fight differently compared to everything else. Most bosses you fight you can just roll with enough damage but Phaleg requires you to learn how to be offensive and defensive. If all you're looking for is the ability to say "I beat her" then wait till you hit 90 with hero come EP 5. The amount of damage successor classes can dish out just with counters is rather insane.

Also her second phase gives her resistance to whatever weapon you've been using against her. So the second phase is going to drag on unless you are someone that uses more than one weapon.

I beat her katana only. First phase was 37 seconds, second phase was around 2 minutes + 15 seconds of the kicking cutscene. Barely pulled S rank.

Phaleg exists in global already?!?? Where?