How do you even defeat Fiend phaleg (Or whatever her name is)?

... So, how do you supposed to defeat phaleg the Mary-sue (Sarcasm)?

After like countless attempts at doing so, I mostly get killed because most of the time attempting at guard-stancing I end up just blocking but not counter attacking even though I properly time them (I am playing Katana braver), so you end up your character being stunned in place receivng loads of damage, not to mention that some of her attacks just can't be counter blocked, so you end up getting insta-killed (Very fair).

And to be honest, I dont know who thought it was a good design anyway, because it requires you to replay the same fight over and over again to memorise attacks, which gets so much frustrating that you just rage quit at the end.

I realise that to be good at the game, you must practice and have skills, but in this case you must have some insane super-human reactions or skills to be able to defeat phaleg, and I have no idea how other players do even manage to dodge or counter all her attacks with such ease.

Theoreticaly probably going against her with weak gear is suicide, but even still, I've seen players on youtube dodging/countering every of her attacks with low upgrade gear with ease for 5 minutes or more straight.

Honestly, feels flat out humiliating, I have no idea how those players manage to get such tremendously quick reaction skills

She is too OP. I mean fast and heavy hitting is just not fair.

The fight really isn't that bad once you learn her patterns. All of her startup moves have tells (Animation/voice) that allow you to know what combo she's going to do. Once you have those memorized you just need to nuke her during her downtime after said combos.

Now I just need to be able to survive long enough to learn her moves.

Learn moves and parry. There’s not much to say beyond that.

Try giving her a bit of intentional space after each attack, around a dash of two. Some of her tells are hard to see with all the effects attacks give off, and it will give a half a second or so buffer for your reaction times. It might not give you S-rank pace, but you can worry about that after you beat her.

Beyond that if you remember to do it you can grab a drink each time you make an attempt, either at the medical counter opposite the class change counter or at the dispenser on the bridge. It will make your attempts slower, but if you just can’t quite do it then a Guts drink or Shifta buff might get you there.

@BronzeAgeBrain said in How do you even defeat Fiend phaleg (Or whatever her name is)?:

and parry

[ cries in Force and Bouncer Jet Boots. ]

Dodge and throw bird at her and let it do all the work on it's own.

@Weirdo said in How do you even defeat Fiend phaleg (Or whatever her name is)?:

Dodge and throw bird at her and let it do all the work on it's own.

Tank/melee pets get aggro, meaning she'd just attack them instead. I don't have a rappy pet :V

Aero is what a tend to use. No Rappy yet 😞

I have been pulling perfect guards and cosistently dealing damage to her (Each hit deals from 8000 to 20000+ damage), for 3 minutes straight, and she is still in the first phase, I would end up dying by messing up.

(Yes I have been practicing her attack moves in order to do perfect parry for 2 hours straight, just fucking kill me at this point)

@Charus said in How do you even defeat Fiend phaleg (Or whatever her name is)?:

I have been pulling perfect guards and cosistently dealing damage to her (Each hit deals from 8000 to 20000+ damage), for 3 minutes straight, and she is still in the first phase, I would end up dying by messing up.

(Yes I have been practicing her attack moves in order to do perfect parry for 2 hours straight, just fucking kill me at this point)

She just wants this "date" to last forever. I'd be more inclined to do this fight if it gave her Partner Card as a reward or at least a hug from her.

For Jetboots, it's fairly manageable to dodge most of her attacks since you have a plethora of I-frames to use against her once you know her patterns. Example, The jetboots weapon action alone can be abused for all her attacks which I found hilarious. But yea overall she's a difficult fight yet a fun one to keep on going to get that satisfying victory at the end despite not getting that big of an award.

@coldreactive said in How do you even defeat Fiend phaleg (Or whatever her name is)?:

@Charus said in How do you even defeat Fiend phaleg (Or whatever her name is)?:

She just wants this "date" to last forever. I'd be more inclined to do this fight if it gave her Partner Card as a reward or at least a hug from her.

To be honest, I dont know how to respond to that joke, it just seems completely unneeded and out of place.

Could the reason be because I have bad Gear overall, which is why the fight lasted very long, due to small damage, or I am missing something?

@Charus The phaleg we have right now is the buffed version that JP has so she has more stats than what she usually had in ep4, soooo in a way it will seem that way for awhile.

@Saiyunaz not for that long, they buffed her because the Scion class can do way more damage than the other classes much faster and her buff was to be a challenge in around level 90 so her fight will be much better to do at the max level of episode 5