Voice Tickets?

@MarshalTobias32 said in Voice Tickets?:

@Kosmos-Vs-Marth said in Voice Tickets?:

I still wish we could get some that would be a nice surprise

Same,but copyright is copyright, really makes it hard to get...

Only for collab voices does it make sense as copyright would get in the way. The lack of non collab voices is purely laziness because both JP and Global voices are already in game as all major characters are all voice acted already meaning SEGA already has the rights. And if we're taking it a step further if Global really is the same game as JP then those files should already be in the game, if not than SEGA lied to us about this being the same game while also promising us "All the content".

@NotWhoUThink said in Voice Tickets?:

Only for collab voices does it make sense as copyright would get in the way. The lack of non collab voices is purely laziness because both JP and Global voices are already in game as all major characters are all voice acted already meaning SEGA already has the rights. And if we're taking it a step further if Global really is the same game as JP then those files should already be in the game, if not than SEGA lied to us about this being the same game while also promising us "All the content".

You'd be surprised at how fucked copyright can actually get. Not only that but in the US you have to deal with voice actor unions which is also a whole other bag of worms that can cause problems.

@NotWhoUThink typically companies do not hire voice actors directly and goes through management companies/labels. Copyright can be a mess depending on the contract and what the game company can distribute outside of the original contract and region.

@DishSoap said in Voice Tickets?:

You'd be surprised at how fucked copyright can actually get. Not only that but in the US you have to deal with voice actor unions which is also a whole other bag of worms that can cause problems.

I feel the longer this issue goes on the less it has do with copyright, the last "official" comment to this question was on July 15th of this year with no further information. But setting aside my hatred to this problem the real reason is probably mismanagement because well it's SEGA we're talking about here so I guess no one should be surprised. Do I even need to say more than it's SEGA though, you know one of the gaming companies with the largest amount of mismanagement only slightly behind companies like EA but without all the profits.

@DishSoap said in Voice Tickets?:

I feel the longer this issue goes on the less it has do with copyright, the last "official" comment to this question was on July 15th of this year with no further information. But setting aside my hatred to this problem the real reason is probably mismanagement because well it's SEGA we're talking about here so I guess no one should be surprised. Do I even need to say more than it's SEGA though, you know one of the gaming companies with the largest amount of mismanagement only slightly behind companies like EA but without all the profits.

Copyright laws are very complex and most of the time bullshit. If anything the fact that it's taken so long to add them in even when they've had collabs more so adds to the case of it being copyright/license related.

For instance Square Enix isn't allowed to use the Orchestral versions of the soundtrack in some releases of the game because of licensing issues with the copyright owner.

yeah, Copyright Issues cause a lot of weird things to happen. Path of Exile notably had to change out some music tracks that they originally had the rights to use and that were specifically composed FOR them because of copyright causing them to no longer have the rights to it.

One of the GMs in chat did respond to the voice ticket questions saying that they're still trying to get them, but they had no news to share unfortunately (during ARKS Hour Episode 4 stream today)

@Theuberclips said in Voice Tickets?:

yeah, Copyright Issues cause a lot of weird things to happen. Path of Exile notably had to change out some music tracks that they originally had the rights to use and that were specifically composed FOR them because of copyright causing them to no longer have the rights to it.

One of the GMs in chat did respond to the voice ticket questions saying that they're still trying to get them, but they had no news to share unfortunately (during ARKS Hour Episode 4 stream today)

So they have total control of the voice acting in game but at the same time they have very little control of the voice acting in game? I'm talking about SEGA JP since SEGA NA has no control over the game. That seems really suspect that SEGA JP has little control over their game.

@NotWhoUThink we do not know the exact contracts but most likely they are separate from the main game's voice acting.

I would treat voice tickets as goods/merchandises and probably have separate contracts for as they are sold in AC/SG scratches that generates additional revenue - the labels may or may not get a royalty from them. Much like the drama CDs, character song CDs and other goods that PSO2 has that would most likely never see released outside of JP.

Yes it is unfortunate that we haven't received some content, but this game has been a joy to play even without it.

I will never give up on them voice tickets

@HarmlessSyan said in Voice Tickets?:

@NotWhoUThink we do not know the exact contracts but most likely they are separate from the main game's voice acting.

I would treat voice tickets as goods/merchandises and probably have separate contracts for as they are sold in AC/SG scratches that generates additional revenue - the labels may or may not get a royalty from them. Much like the drama CDs, character song CDs and other goods that PSO2 has that would most likely never see released outside of JP.

In other words, don’t expect voice tickets anytime soon, if any at all. This is pretty much going through all kinds of legality crap that SEGA doesn’t want to deal with.

They'll be out soon...AKA we'll see them in 6 years.

ultra instinct JJDragon managed to dodge each and every question about voice tickets during the live stream yesterday

I'm still waiting for PSU: AOTI Collaboration Voice Tickets (Ethan, Karen, Magashi, Lou, Howzer, Helga & Vivienne), I just think SEGA forgot they shouldn't have a legal problem since they literally own the rights to the game those voices came from, and can at least port the JP voices straight from PSO2? What if they ripped relevant and/or different lines straight from the data of PSU:AOTI? Lastly, what if I told you SEGA actually ALREADY did that? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxRlM71jTYc

The best part they just get the same VA to do multiple tones. Great example is the Kirito VA. He already did like three voices in pso2 before the collab started lol.