The recent reveal of combat and exploitation, in depth.

So I saw a translated reading of the reveal that was done on NGS recently, and my one thought was, this combat looks like the opening cutscenes in current PSO2. I think that's pretty cool. Perfect attacks are gone, in favor of smoother transitions out of dodging, (which I have mixed feelings on, because nostalgia) there appears to be safe zones, and fighting zones in the open world area, player movement is even smoother now, which is impressive. All of these things are pretty solid changes overall. The thing I want to see, as weird as it sounds, is how fast day transitions into night. Anyone else seen the reveal, that has thoughts they would like to share?

Some stuff compiled from the stream for others who haven't seen: https://forum.pso2.com/topic/8295/2-minutes-until-live-stream/5?page=1

I'm really digging the changes to force. Including their new movement animations, which reminds me of Wand Etoile.

The one overwhelmingly positive thing for me was how force looked. Never cared for casting in PSO2 because it just looked like boring point and click/applying buffs. Force seems to be more involved with more mechanics now which makes them interesting to me.

I'm not 100% sold on the hunter side of things. It definitely adds depth to the big sword as current has basically none. I'm hoping perfect guarding with charge PA's will also skip you to the 5th hit like normal perfect guards and perfect step dodges seem to do.

I'm mainly reserving my judgement for combat until we know more about the class systems itself and what classes are like. I do like the bigger focus on movement. I just hope something exists that gives me hyper mobility. Something similar to current knuckles gameplay.

I am very happy that Force has a shield mechanic now. I might actually play well on them. The day/night cycle sounded like it would be longer then the limited version we have in game atm.

@Anarchy-Marine said in The recent reveal of combat and exploitation, in depth.:

Perfect attacks are gone, in favor of smoother transitions out of dodging

That's not really true. Perfect/just attacks appear on the first frame you can connect another action unless the previous action is very specifically allowed to be canceled by a dodge or jump.

@Reilet said in The recent reveal of combat and exploitation, in depth.:

@Anarchy-Marine said in The recent reveal of combat and exploitation, in depth.:

Perfect attacks are gone, in favor of smoother transitions out of dodging

That's not really true. Perfect/just attacks appear on the first frame you can connect another action unless the previous action is very specifically allowed to be canceled by a dodge or jump.

They literally said on stream that perfect/Just Attacks were gone in NGS (all of them), at least on Hunter/Ranger/Force. Ranger now infinitely normal attacks on Assault Rifle until you stop attacking or use a PA.

@MagmaBlaze Yeah, my friend wanted to play force or techter, and couldn't get into the game, as he said he felt slow and sluggish. Unlike in other online games and their mage classes. Combat overall improved from what I saw.

On a separate note, I also saw a screenshot of their Hub, akin to the main ships, and I have o say I immediately fell in love with the design. It's news about New Genisis that I will be keeping my eye on until it's released. Its the first game/expansion, I have felt excited about in years.

@coldreactive

I was referring to "in favor of smoother transitions out of dodging"... Which again, works exactly how i said it does.

Yeah, I need this compiled with other threads on "feedback post-tokyo" plzkthx.