Keyboard and Mouse

Anyone planning on testing keyboard and mouse functionality during the beta?

I won't have access to use my keyboard and mouse this weekend but I would like to hear how they interface with a game ported to a console for primary use with a controller!

Yeah, I'll be using KBM due to the fact that I've played on JP solely on KBM and I would probably suck horribly at using a controller. I'll let you know if there's anything majorly different about it!

There should not be any difference from PC to Console when it comes to M&K controls. As for what input device is better that depends on your preference and class pick.

@yumiyime I played the game when I was in Japan, but when I came back, the pso2 servers wouldn't let me play even if I went fully Vpn with Softether client 😕 what about you?

@RainbowDash-699 I can connect to the JP servers just fine, it might be an IP issue?

Hmmm i dont know, I used the vpn as I should've, I'm from Quebec canada tho... maybe it was the game's installation

I used a wireless Logitech keyboard with mousepad in tandem with my Controller. Just as I do with the JP servers

@Toy-Soldier-Ken said in Keyboard and Mouse:

I used a wireless Logitech keyboard with mousepad in tandem with my Controller. Just as I do with the JP servers

Oh boy. I did not put two-and-two together. You can play with a controller and a keyboard/mouse at the same time. That's wicked. Once beta launches my one x is going to become sit on a desk, attached to a computer screen.

@JuLeS-SeLLaDoR said in Keyboard and Mouse:

@Toy-Soldier-Ken said in Keyboard and Mouse:

Oh boy. I did not put two-and-two together. You can play with a controller and a keyboard/mouse at the same time. That's wicked. Once beta launches my one x is going to become sit on a desk, attached to a computer screen.

I'm not sure if this is sarcasm or not. Obviously I used one or the other for different things. Controller mainly for action. K & M partially for menus and type chatting. Emotes as well.

Console to Gaming monitors is very popular.

I was using keyboard and mosue for all of the closed beta, and it works mostly well, aside from a few annoying quirks - some of which might have been specific to the Xbox One S:

-Not all of the keys are bindable... feels like ,./;'[]\ are all off limits

-If you hate using enter to chat like me, and you set a key to start a chat of a specific type, (aka P for party) - you'll always type that letter at the start of messages

-Feels like you can't open menus while holding more than 2 or 3 keys, and I darn well know my keyboard can handle that from using it on the PC JP version.

@Karma said in Keyboard and Mouse:

I was using keyboard and mosue for all of the closed beta, and it works mostly well, aside from a few annoying quirks - some of which might have been specific to the Xbox One S:

-Not all of the keys are bindable... feels like ,./;'[]\ are all off limits

-If you hate using enter to chat like me, and you set a key to start a chat of a specific type, (aka P for party) - you'll always type that letter at the start of messages

-Feels like you can't open menus while holding more than 2 or 3 keys, and I darn well know my keyboard can handle that from using it on the PC JP version.

Can we triple/quad step? Kappa

@AlVaRo0515 I tried doing some lobby action cancels, but either they weren't working on Xbone, or I need to adjust my timing from the JP version. 🤷

Controller was god awful for CBT but I tolerated it since it was so short. If/When open beta comes I'll definitely be on kb.

@AlVaRo0515 I tried doing some lobby action cancels, but either they weren't working on Xbone, or I need to adjust my timing from the JP version. 🤷

Yeah, playing Controller was very awkward feeling. I would play with KBM but its just weird on a TV and laying in bed.

@AlVaRo0515 said in Keyboard and Mouse:

Yeah, playing Controller was very awkward feeling. I would play with KBM but its just weird on a TV and laying in bed.

I use both, I am glad that they allowed people to choose what they wanted to use when playing.