2 minutes until Live Stream

@Leonkh99 said in 2 minutes until Live Stream:

Oh I am aware but as a new game / expansion I kind of expect steps forward and not steps back.

What you just described is all the more reason why we may not have much content to start out... cause its a new game and like literally EVERY OTHER MMO release, we'll be starting off fresh with future updates adding in more content.

Would it be more of an expansion versus a new game? It is adding onto / running alongside original PSO2 yeah? (Which might honestly be holding it back when it comes to anything "fresh" as they have to implement all of the old weapons/costumes/races/classes/etc.)

Basically I'm just hopeful we aren't giving up everything to get basic PSO2 again in an open world type setting with combat tweaks.

@Gamers-are-so-oppressed That's a bit complicated to say... the closest comparison I would have is maybe Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn if say... it were to let you somehow access the original 1.0 game (I dunno if you are familiar with it so... sorry if you don't).

The JP team had made it clear though that its far removed from any expansion PSO2 had gotten which normally expands upon the existing game. Though there's interconnectivity, the fact that progress is exclusive to New Genesis, the massive changes to the gameplay mechanics, etc... it can at best be a two games in one scenario as New Genesis doesn't expand upon the existing PSO2 but rather act as a new independent thing alongside regular PSO2.

@Leonkh99 I could see that comparison yeah.

My point was I hope they do at least release more content to start off with versus their original launch in 2012. Even during that time period, that didn't seem like a whole lot of content for an MMO. I don't expect it to be exactly on par with present day JP PSO2 but definitely more than launch day 2012 PSO2.

@Gamers-are-so-oppressed Right makes sense... well we'll have to see in general. Admittedly a lot of things shown off for PSO2 when it was in development were mainly the content that would be available in the Alpha which originally had Forest and Caves; between that and the full launch, additional areas from EPISODE 1 were added. So in the case of NGS, its very likely that we may continue to see the same content being shown to us all the way until the game's actual launch when new content might be added.

@Leonkh99 said in 2 minutes until Live Stream:

Admittedly a lot of things shown off for PSO2 when it was in development were mainly the content that would be available in the Alpha

The chat box was also in a different place, as was the party HUD.