2 minutes until Live Stream

@condor said in 2 minutes until Live Stream:

The open field system reminds me of Skyforge.

It's similar in the fact that big flying text at the sector barriers appears, yes. But other than that, they work similar to Bethesda "Cells" or World of Warcraft's progression-phased areas where they unload/load/phase player characters/etc. as they go between them. At least that's what the explanation alluded to. Which is probably why those other player characters were standing just inches prior to going past the sector change.

I have a feeling Party Beacons are going to be cut from NGS in favor of better menus/etc.

@coldreactive said in 2 minutes until Live Stream:

I have a feeling Party Beacons are going to be cut from NGS in favor of better menus/etc.

I really, really hope they improve the UI indeed. 😉

@condor said in 2 minutes until Live Stream:

@coldreactive said in 2 minutes until Live Stream:

I really, really hope they improve the UI indeed. 😉

I'd kill just to have the ability to track Client Order progress on screen ala modern Quest Objective trackers. That alone would make my day.

Well, the Emergency Code/Trial objective boxes have been updated to be cleaner and seemingly more modular:

alt text

They're on the left there.

I hope we see more unique boss enemies at some point, like elder/luther/PD-tier bosses. From what we've seen of the Dolls, I just don't think they're really very visually interesting yet, where the black/red/gold designs you'd see on even some lower-tier falspawn are good clean designs.

I can see some people calling me crazy for that though, since the glowy bits on dolls are pretty neat.

This game I feel is a March/April release since SEGA has released the last story content of PSO2 in the Japan servers and Global should be caught up by then since the last update will be in February by my guesses but I feel the game is coming along nicely. I really feel like this game is about 50% complete currently from the footage.

@YagyuChan said in 2 minutes until Live Stream:

This game I feel is a March/April release since SEGA has released the last story content of PSO2 in the Japan servers and Global should be caught up by then since the last update will be in February by my guesses but I feel the game is coming along nicely. I really feel like this game is about 50% complete currently from the footage.

I'm going to guess a bit further back. They were only able to show off 3 of the 4 races, , 2 techs, 3 weapons, and 3 classes. Unless the game is launching pretty bare bones (which hopefully not as it would be a huge step back) I'm expecting a further back release. I would love to be wrong though.

@Gamers-are-so-oppressed said in 2 minutes until Live Stream:

@YagyuChan said in 2 minutes until Live Stream:

I'm going to guess a bit further back. They were only able to show off 3 of the 4 races, , 2 techs, 3 weapons, and 3 classes. Unless the game is launching pretty bare bones (which hopefully not as it would be a huge step back) I'm expecting a further back release. I would love to be wrong though.

someone mentioned that in the new footage if you looked for it you could see knuckles/TMGs/wands dropping, so either those classes are also gonna be in (and aren't implemented yet) or they're gonna be rolled into the base classes (and the weapon gameplay hasn't been implemented yet), so yeah I assume there's still a decent chunk left that needs to get finished.

In the very first trailer you could see Twin Daggers and Knuckles equipped on characters in the background. (And in the final jumping shot Sue had Twin Daggers)

@Gamers-are-so-oppressed I mean it may not be what we are used to but when PSO2 launched in Japan originally it too was very bare-bones with only the first set of areas from EPISODE 1, no Deuman class, only Old-Type weapons, etc.

@Vashzaron said in 2 minutes until Live Stream:

In the very first trailer you could see Twin Daggers and Knuckles equipped on characters in the background. (And in the final jumping shot Sue had Twin Daggers)

Just/perfect Attacks were also in the original trailers. You could barely see them sometimes.

@coldreactive huh.

so a good guess is that just attacks are only accessible through skill points?

@REEStrikes said in 2 minutes until Live Stream:

@coldreactive huh.

so a good guess is that just attacks are only accessible through skill points?

Or it may have just been an early build, and JAs were just completely axed in the newer build.

@Leonkh99 said in 2 minutes until Live Stream:

@Gamers-are-so-oppressed I mean it may not be what we are used to but when PSO2 launched in Japan originally it too was very bare-bones with only the first set of areas from EPISODE 1, no Deuman class, only Old-Type weapons, etc.

Oh I am aware but as a new game / expansion I kind of expect steps forward and not steps back.

@Gamers-are-so-oppressed said in 2 minutes until Live Stream:

@Leonkh99 said in 2 minutes until Live Stream:

Oh I am aware but as a new game / expansion I kind of expect steps forward and not steps back.

What you just described is all the more reason why we may not have much content to start out... cause its a new game and like literally EVERY OTHER MMO release, we'll be starting off fresh with future updates adding in more content.