UQ's were a huge mistake.

In PSO1 we could just farm for what we wanted when we wanted the only thing stopping us was lack of levels and gear to do so. This UQ system "allows" us once a day (two or three if you play all day and night) to try for an item with worse drop rates than PSO1. That is ofc if you can play at the exact time the UQ runs.

This is just bad design around a game where the main goal if to grind for gear.

I hope you drop this garbage system in Genesis.

Oh look, there is a mode that has BIS weapons with better droprates. Wow, its almost as if the only point of getting these weapons is to get their augment factor.

@ViolaCrossfire That's sort of true. Some weapons however are functionally better.
Example: Jupiter Tullus Soaring Blades.

Our current Limited Quest is TTF though, experience 90% of players time in PSO in PSO2 right now. :^)

@Ki-Rin

That's why they sell Quest Triggers for premium currency $_$

@Vashzaron said in UQ's were a huge mistake.:

Our current Limited Quest is TTF though, experience 90% of players time in PSO in PSO2 right now. :^)

Did i miss something? Do we have ttf on global by now?

Well, given the fact that we are getting "Crammed" content in such a short period of time, It kinda makes sense. I do agree, though, in its current state, It seems lackluster, aside that since PSO2 Na inception, The UQ's schedule was more robust and offered far more for more diverse schedules of players that could still participate. However, many of these UQ's will more than likely end up as some Super hard advanced quest that is going to end up in the line-up anyway. Aside the fact that you can try and run other quests and or achievements to get Quest triggers. Our alliance just does exactly that and now we have our own UQ's on days were we just cycle thru every single UQ up until Best Boy Maghatsu! It's really fun!

So- It just maybe a matter of you having the same itinerary as others do. Sometimes, you can also buy them for star gems.

I've never been a fan of RNG gear treadmills but this game takes it to a new level. I really dislike having key gear progression locked behind quests that can only be farmed at specific time times, a few times per week (unless you get lucky and a random unscheduled urgent pops up while you are already online). I guess the bright side is with our condensed release cycle, we won't be relying on gear lasting for multiple months or years before we get the next thing to work towards.

The thing here to look forward to , Is that NGS content won't be as crammed, it should have a better pace for us to enjoy it.

@Scerms77 said in UQ's were a huge mistake.:

I was joking because the LQ is a boss rush reminiscent of TTF that PSO players spammed all day.

Anyway on topic this whole UQ system while undesirable by players seems very desirable by the developers. Allowing slowing down player progress so they stop playing out of being "done" and the alternative is to buy Triggers.

@Scerms77 said in UQ's were a huge mistake.:

I was joking because the LQ is a boss rush reminiscent of TTF that PSO players spammed all day.

Anyway on topic this whole UQ system while undesirable by players seems very desirable by the developers. Allowing slowing down player progress so they stop playing out of being "done" and the alternative is to buy Triggers.

Someone! Give this man a Cookie!! ❤

@Shmyules Oh look you can buy most of the weapons on teh playershop and farm them in quests outside of UQs and ultimately your weapons small 1% DPS increase means nothing.

I think its fine personally. We've not needed BiS gear for anything on PSO2 NA yet. And augmenting does quite a bit of leg work for you if you can't manage the BiS option. Course I have no clue if this will ring true for EP 5 and 6. All I know is i've been playing with non BiS gear with whatever augments I find on them and i'm doing just fine in EX difficulty. Hope that remains true with EP 5 and 6.

Would rather not be forced into doing the augment/BiS farming just to not be dead weight in missions.

UQs are fun, the spontaneity is fun, and the idea that they can drop 1 in a million super-items is fun.

Locking all gear progression behind them is very NOT fun. The opposite of fun. It sucks. Like, it's really bad. There's no ladder to climb, just a slot machine that randomly shows up. That's not fun.

I'll probably bail if NG is the same way. Right now we at least get episodes and updates all the time because of the compressed timeframe, but unless NG can dish out content at the same rate there's no way in hell I'm gonna stick around if everything is locked behind UQs like the way it is now.

I feel like you should be able to run those boss UQ for as long as they're up. They last 30 mins and it take most groups 8 - 10 mins to complete, so that could give lots of ppl 3 plays instead of 1.