How are these bots making all of this money to begin with?

So I’ve spend a bunch on AC on this game in all honest. Probably $500 worth. Most of it went to helping people out and affixing for myself and others. But that’s besides the point.

The most I’ve had has been about 2b or so in total assets just for myself. (Not counting weapon pallet etc)

We all see the bots spam their prices. So I just purchased an ac scratch for $30. 16 scratches on the new affixing pack. I didn’t get a single tier 3.. and maybe 30m total of items. So I took spam bot guys calculation and noticed I’d have to make 150m... ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTY MILLION from 16 scratches to compare.

How do these people even live or get access to stuff that allows them to make that much profit other the company itself? Why allow bots to keep spamming these prices and not shut them down completely. If I was a level 30 newb and I wanted meseta, and didn’t care, I wouldn’t have any desire to buy ac when I can 5x-10x my money by nefarious acts.

And this has to cut into Microsoft and Segas profits themselves, so why not just put a level cap on chat and fix some issues?

The daily and weekly quests are cancerous. That's why. They farm just the same way anyone else does: loads of characters and accounts, abuse the low effort weeklies. You sometimes see their characters in UQs and EQs for the daily, doing half your damage with the same class. (Which is why I do UQ the day after usually, much shorter run)

I miss when you had to actually farm to get rich in games, but then PSO2 doesn't allow trading reasonably, GG. Average cost of a shop ticket is 10m worth of excubes and a lot of time cleaning out junk from them, and then 99% of the junk in pso2 sells for nothing, you're lucky to recoup the ticket cost.

Back in the day (June-ish when the game first hit PC), there was a gamepass deal where you could get 12x AC Scratch tickets for $1 by going to ultimate (and then immediately unsubbing to avoid the subscription cost). I don't know if this still exists and is something exploitable by new bot accounts, but if possible, that'd be one avenue for them to get a ton of meseta for a very minor investment.

The other avenue is just that they're burning stolen credit cards. If they can convert a stolen credit card to AC and then launder it through enough accounts that SEGA doesn't care enough to ban anything beyond the initial account that used the stolen CC, they're fine. For an easy example, a burner account could use a stolen CC, buy scratches, sell them quickly for low prices, and then buy red meat from more "main" accounts for extravagant prices to transfer the meseta closer to their main bank alts. I assume this isn't the exact avenue they use now, since red meat isn't #3 constantly on the marketboard's popular purchases anymore, but it's probably something similar.

I’m in the same boat as you, this is why I caution people against trying to get rich with AC. I never, ever have hit 150m from a batch of tickets. Usually for $30 I’m lucky to get 12m. I’ve spent 1.2k on this game between my characters and my husband’s and I’m far from the queen of owning everything. I could earn the same amount for free spamming dailies. I currently have a backlog of dailies on my main worth millions!

It’s very easy to earn currency in this game compared to others so people exploit that. I don’t regret supporting a game I really love but it does feel pretty bad.

They are either cheating or scamming. I know you can get x amount of Meseta from dailies and weeklies. But c'mon, when they are desperately selling 10M for like $1, you know something is not right, 10M for $1 and need to be profitable, sounds impossible to me. Also, there are people selling cheap stuff like Grinders or Red Meats for like 10M or above, hmm.

OP is an RMTer himself actually. Check out that seller info.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Phantasy-Star-Online-2-meseta-PSO-2-Ship-2-NA-PSO2-20-000-000-meseta-/264778770967

Called him out in another thread and now it is "no longer available" hahaha.

1.PNG

@Gamers-are-so-oppressed said in How are these bots making all of this money to begin with?:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Phantasy-Star-Online-2-meseta-PSO-2-Ship-2-NA-PSO2-20-000-000-meseta-/264778770967

1.PNG

Once again, not me. It’s pretty sad you’ve spent all day googling my username for someone selling meseta for absurd prices. All because you’ve been crying for weeks about “missing content” lmao

As I said I’ll be here for this storyline because it’s incredibly entertaining. With that said if I could sell my meseta for that price, I would. No doubt about that.

Edit: I just noticed your ****ing tagline for your username is saying it won’t change and a smiley face yet still crying in multiple topics about it. You must be as cray cray as the other one.

@failures_not_flattering_is_it said in How are these bots making all of this money to begin with?:

Once again, not me. It’s pretty sad you’ve spent all day googling my username for someone selling meseta for absurd prices. All because you’ve been crying for weeks about “missing content” lmao

As I said I’ll be here for this storyline because it’s incredibly entertaining.

Edit: I just noticed your ****ing tagline for your username is saying it won’t change and a smiley face yet still crying in multiple topics about it. You must be as cray cray as the other one.

Actually if you check my posts about content you would know it is the complete opposite but again you don't seem very bright as shown in the screen shots. Nice attempt at taking it down though I guess, maybe next time use a better alias or something?

@Gamers-are-so-oppressed said in How are these bots making all of this money to begin with?:

@failures_not_flattering_is_it said in How are these bots making all of this money to begin with?:

Actually if you check my posts about content you would know it is the complete opposite but again you don't seem very bright as shown in the screen shots. Nice attempt at taking it down though I guess, maybe next time use a better alias or something?

Again, not me. If I was selling meseta for $200 for 100m I’d sell every last dime I had. You can ban my ass with $10,000+ im good.

1.PNG

I don't think it will be a coincident that someone else will have an exact same name as you on this...

@Cakewalk8000 said in How are these bots making all of this money to begin with?:

1.PNG

I don't think it will be a coincident that someone else will have an exact same name as you on this...

-shrug- I’ve had this username and email the same for 20+ years. And as I said, if I was selling 100m for $200 I’d keep doing it.

Well then...... Can't tell if blocked or justice was served.

11.PNG

As a last comment here, yes, his name was pretty unique, but so I thought of mine as well. Plenty of Hanukes out there it seems. And a name I used before that I won't mention? You don't want to throw an unfiltered google search on it. lel

Well then...... Can't tell if blocked or justice was served.

11.PNG

I have to say good job on this one!

@ZorokiHanuke I think it was mostly due to the underscores that made the name so specific. The irony he would make a thread like this though....

I hope Sega takes action on the actual game account as well aside from the forum account.