There’s going to be a ton of garbage Hero players in a week.

@Amari-Kigu said in There’s going to be a ton of garbage Hero players in a week.:

Exactly - gear helps, it does - but experience, knowing your class, knowing your PAs, knowing your combos and knowing when to dodge is far better.

I think people need to first know how to not die. I mean, and this is a shot at all games I've seen, many players learn how to gear up and how to throw perfect rotations. But because they believe they are the only ones who matter, they forfeit learning defense and expect others to stop doing what they are doing and dedicate their whole runs solely to keep up the HP of these "masters of dps". But because nobody cares about these unique snowflakes, they end up as floor mats on most meaningful fights, and they complain nobody heals or revives them.

So really, I feel that of all, as equally important as dishing the dps, but the very first thing someone should learn in a game, is to

alt text

@ZorokiHanuke Well reviving IS a bit of an issue. Some people just don't bother reviving at all and that contributes to the problem.

If you see a dead person revive them. It doesn't matter if they are in your party or not.

That said this same problem exists in games like FFXIV. I'll see a DPS stand in stupid and then wonder why the healer couldn't keep them alive. It's not nearly as common as in this game though.

@Ciel Oh. Don't get me wrong. It's not that I don't want to heal or revive people. It's that after a bit of time, we begin seeing a trend with some players, and they become a liability because you'd have to resurrect them multiple times due to their own hard headed behavior. There's also all that about Moons being limited as well. But yeah, I WILL try to resurrect others whenever I can, so long as I don't see that trend on them.

I save my moons for the hardest parts of the fight because it’s saved a run more times than I can count. I used to pick up the same guy dying in phase 1 but everyone’s got a full stash of moons and 2-3 people rush to revive him anyway. Final phase when there’s no moons left, there’s only 2 people left standing yeah that’s when I’m using those moons!

I don’t mean to be cruel but seeing the same 1-2 people die 10+ times to the same mechanic just isn’t fair to the rest of the party. If revives weren’t in short supply, sure I’d pick them up but this isn’t the case and I have to decide. My rule is 3+ people on the ground before I use one unless I’m soloing and happen upon someone who needs help in the fields.

I like that I can freely help the healer revive someone if I’m playing my SMN or RDM on FFXIV, I wish we could heal more like that so no one has to be stingy.

Well, global is basically at the point where the current JP expert matching requirement was released. Level 90 cap and you basically seen all the enemy in the extreme/trigger quests with the last one being Omega Hunar.

JP was still on level 80 cap when EP5 released, then cap raised to 85 while Hero was stuck at 80 until all class level cap was raised to 90. You guys are already at 90 now, ready for the current JP Expert Matching.

@HarmlessSyan said in There’s going to be a ton of garbage Hero players in a week.:

Well, global is basically at the point where the current JP expert matching requirement was released. Level 90 cap and you basically seen all the enemy in the extreme/trigger quests with the last one being Omega Hunar.

JP was still on level 80 cap when EP5 released, then cap raised to 85 while Hero was stuck at 80 until all class level cap was raised to 90. You guys are already at 90 now, ready for the current JP Expert Matching.

we are still missing Guides of Creation but yeah pretty much at that point where the feature can be introduced.

If you are so worried about playing with "bad" players, go make your own party mate, or ask your guild mate instead going pub. Leave other players to enjoy their game without worrying from people like you.

@ZorokiHanuke said in There’s going to be a ton of garbage Hero players in a week.:

@Amari-Kigu said in There’s going to be a ton of garbage Hero players in a week.:

Exactly - gear helps, it does - but experience, knowing your class, knowing your PAs, knowing your combos and knowing when to dodge is far better.

I think people need to first know how to not die. I mean, and this is a shot at all games I've seen, many players learn how to gear up and how to throw perfect rotations. But because they believe they are the only ones who matter, they forfeit learning defense and expect others to stop doing what they are doing and dedicate their whole runs solely to keep up the HP of these "masters of dps". But because nobody cares about these unique snowflakes, they end up as floor mats on most meaningful fights, and they complain nobody heals or revives them.

So really, I feel that of all, as equally important as dishing the dps, but the very first thing someone should learn in a game, is to

alt text

I keep telling people in my alliance go solo some ults like Nav or Lillipa, that'll make you get better at dodging real fast. I'll admit that timing some attacks is literally split second timing and often mistiming it will punish you harshly for it.

@Dark-Falz-Persona said in There’s going to be a ton of garbage Hero players in a week.:

If you are so worried about playing with "bad" players, go make your own party mate, or ask your guild mate instead going pub. Leave other players to enjoy their game without worrying from people like you.

Dark falz personal speaking some truth here