There’s going to be a ton of garbage Hero players in a week.

No, the problem lies with elitism in PSO2 and if you played on Ship02 on the JP server, that was TOXIC for elites who would literally block you unless you have 200m+ affixed each in each slot. Does gear matter, sure it does but there are far too many people literally nasty to people who have mediocre or merely acceptable gear.

Affix week helps significantly and everyone can get at least 5 slot units and 5 weapons that are quite viable, don't forget we're also on a hyper content train heading straight to EP6 at warp speed, it doesn't make sense to make extreme gear right now when units will be obsolete very quickly, getting 100 tec/rng or mel power on weapons/units right now isn't that hard but still for newer players, its still a challenge and still going to cost millions unless you farm most of the mats, then you have the whole problem of people raising the cost of nice affixes during this boost campaign which doesn't help newer players either.

Theirs been a lot of debate about how much difference affixing and gear makes, but no one has provided any evidence either way, so I’ve done a little experiment, 2 solo runs on Dark Vestige XH TA. 1 using very high end gear and affixes, and one using common un affixed gear.

A few things to bear in mind I’ve done this run a lot, so I know it inside and out , I’ve done my best to do each run as similar as possible, but no two runs are quite the same. Each run was done with alliance attack buff, Shifta drink, and Shifta buff. All PAs are lvl 17 with a tier 3 craft. I personally don’t care either way wether your gear is affixed or not, has long as I can finish the run I’m happy, this is purely to show the difference so people can make an informed decision about wether they think affixing is worth the time for them.

Run 1: Nem sage +35 with 185 attack affix, Union back with 185 attack affix, Clifard arm with 200 attack affix, Clifard leg with 200 attack affix, Run time 2:42

https://youtu.be/Ns7eSVEJtGc

Run 2: Shaft Rev +30 with a 35 attack affix, A full Brissa with no attack affixes just 70 extra attack from the set bonus Run time 3:46

https://youtu.be/Pmp5RmM9K_c

@n_n said in There’s going to be a ton of garbage Hero players in a week.:

I would agree with you if this was an offline/solo game, but PSO2 is multiplayer and people should at least put forth an effort to contribute to the MPA and quit thinking only of themselves and expecting others to carry them. Especially considering rewards are sometimes on the line.

And before someone says it, no I'm not in agreement with OP's opinion that people need to be going for 200+ atk affixes to play this game good-- that's BS right there, but the amount of people I see in XH with ungrinded, complete trash weapons is pretty disappointing and needs to change.

To add on to this reply I made, these are some examples just from this morning. Two pics from XH, one from SH of people who joined my parties. While the latter doesn't matter a whole lot because SH is a joke with current balancing, regardless these players were 80/80 or very close and most likely use the same gear in XH UQ.

https://i.imgur.com/oMudbYo.png

Do note that I don't really do this-- I disagree with screenshotting bad gear/leechers/etc to "shame" and "laugh at". I only check gear/fashion while waiting for the teleporter to finish counting down because of boredom. I only did this to make a small example.

Now is it really elitism to express disapproval of zero effort put in their weapons? I disagree. They should either get welfare Revo weps from sheets or grind their weapons.

Gotta ask, would Expert matching fix this problem

This thread is kind of pointless, I feel it was OP's way of goading people into buying his affix things so he can RMT. He bragged about selling 200+ attack weapons for 200-250m before in other threads.

@HarmlessSyan said in There’s going to be a ton of garbage Hero players in a week.:

Gotta ask, would Expert matching fix this problem

This thread is kind of pointless, I feel it was OP's way of goading people into buying his affix things so he can RMT. He bragged about selling 200+ attack weapons for 200-250m before in other threads.

Haha, I remember that and I initially felt this was the point of his thread. Upset because no one bought his overpriced affixes, etc.

As for your question, I don't know. I stopped playing on JP in late 2016 before that option became a thing. So I wouldn't know if the requirements would be good enough to keep these people out.

The problem isn't necessarily the player's fault. Aside from the people who intentionally come in as dead weight with the mindset "they'll just carry me", the game is not entirely great at helping people gear up or even know what is expected of them. I'd wager the vast majority of people playing this game do not take part in discussions such as these, and judging by the behavior of some people complaining I don't really blame them. Some of you can be real dicks.

This game needs more than a minimum level for quest entry, but also a minimum gear level or stat.
I feel like the weapon badges need to drop a lot more often than they already do, and maybe even reward them to players as they achieve the class quest milestones so that by the time they reach level 70 or 75 they should be able to afford a Rising Weapon or two.
Armor kind of sucks trying to get (in the sense of it's just not exciting). I think the crappy NPC shops need to offer better gear that scales with your level (PSO1 used to do this to an extent).

The point is the problem is not entirely the player. The game itself doesn't really help. And the player market is a joke. You have people here complaining about Extreme/Ultimate players not having gear, while not really paying attention to the fact you can get to that point in the game in a matter of hours if you know what you are doing during the leveling process, meaning it is impossible to raise the amount of meseta you want people to spend in the amount of time it takes them to access the harder content.

Just think about it. You are a free player (as in you don't partake in AC Scratch), so your primary means of making money are your weeklies (the about 2mill per character), so that's 6 mill a week if you play 3 characters. You can't sell anything in the auction house if you are free, and even if you could by some of your logic they shouldn't be able to access the harder content to get the drops that would make them the money in the first place (or give them a weapon that is good), so they are stuck farming their weeklies every week. A weekly takes me about an hour to get out of the way per character, so that's like 3 hours of gameplay a week until you farm up the money to buy something good? That's going to take a few weeks, and this doesn't even factor in armor or affixing.

Then you have NGS coming fairly soon, with the knowledge that your character and cosmetics, not your level and gear, transfer. The incentive for most players is to get those hairstyles and weapons and makeup and such that will follow them to the new version of the game. So what meseta people do make is likely going towards that. They would rather find the good stuff via RNG and buy the cosmetics they want when they release (because those same cosmetics kind of are very expensive once the tickets go away) then spend all of their money on a Nemesis weapon that will probably not be too great soon (We are on a fast track to get to episode 6 and catch up in time for NGS, meaning until that all slows down it's kind of foolish to go hard on gear until everything levels out).

Maybe the community should help these people get geared instead of bitch about them.

I've tried helping these people in the past... most do not speak (especially on this server) or if they do, they have an attitude-- they automatically assume elitism even if I'm being very polite. Also, a lot of people these days don't like advice that wasn't asked for, so I don't even bother anymore and kinda just accepted that these kinds of players will always exist.

Thankfully the game is way easier than it was when I used to play in the old JP days. Although some pug UQs really suck here.

@TEN-SQUARE-3 It was always my understanding that Affixing is really only important if you're trying to be as efficient as possible for when it comes to very fringe content. Not your average UQ runs in a pub setting or any content you'd expect to reasonably be successful with a pug group. The main factor coming down to having max grinded good enough gear with a proper setup on your class/subclass.

But I don't know what awaits us in EP 5 or 6.

@Knight-Raime I think you mean "pug" which means "pickup group"

@ViolaCrossfire yes. I am still very tired lol.

A chorus director once told me that a good chorus is a collection of bad singers helping each other to sound good. The same can be said about pug UQs. So long as everyone is doing SOMETHING towards the goal and not slacking off, the runs should produce a win most of the time. Not always, but most times.

I saw this happening a few times before EP4 on those SH Luther runs. I still had fun there despite losing to the timer, because I saw people trying, and even attacking the boss furiously despite having 3 seconds left. Nobody stopped, and in the end we all said "gg" and moved on. Hope all of them are now having an easier time at the easier XH, as we wait for somebody up on the dev team to actually fix boss HP values.

But as that's how things are on pug runs, the same can't be said about the higher level 80 4man stuff, as that requires a bit more commitment from everyone involved. You have your 12 man to learn the ropes, then go to the 4man version to apply what you have learned. And that goes for both tactics and gear.

@TEN-SQUARE-3 said in There’s going to be a ton of garbage Hero players in a week.:

Theirs been a lot of debate about how much difference affixing and gear makes, but no one has provided any evidence either way, so I’ve done a little experiment, 2 solo runs on Dark Vestige XH TA. 1 using very high end gear and affixes, and one using common un affixed gear.

A few things to bear in mind I’ve done this run a lot, so I know it inside and out , I’ve done my best to do each run as similar as possible, but no two runs are quite the same. Each run was done with alliance attack buff, Shifta drink, and Shifta buff. All PAs are lvl 17 with a tier 3 craft. I personally don’t care either way wether your gear is affixed or not, has long as I can finish the run I’m happy, this is purely to show the difference so people can make an informed decision about wether they think affixing is worth the time for them.

Run 1: Nem sage +35 with 185 attack affix, Union back with 185 attack affix, Clifard arm with 200 attack affix, Clifard leg with 200 attack affix, Run time 2:42

https://youtu.be/Ns7eSVEJtGc

Run 2: Shaft Rev +30 with a 35 attack affix, A full Brissa with no attack affixes just 70 extra attack from the set bonus Run time 3:46

https://youtu.be/Pmp5RmM9K_c

It is not really disagreement though it is just the game updates so fast why waste 100 million + meseta now to do the same in 2 months might as well wait till the fast cycle of updates end. I don't mind people affixing just in my personal opinion it is not worth it right now since it is too expensive and is outdated by the time you finish it.

@Ciel said in There’s going to be a ton of garbage Hero players in a week.:

The problem isn't necessarily the player's fault. Aside from the people who intentionally come in as dead weight with the mindset "they'll just carry me", the game is not entirely great at helping people gear up or even know what is expected of them. I'd wager the vast majority of people playing this game do not take part in discussions such as these, and judging by the behavior of some people complaining I don't really blame them. Some of you can be real dicks.

This game needs more than a minimum level for quest entry, but also a minimum gear level or stat.
I feel like the weapon badges need to drop a lot more often than they already do, and maybe even reward them to players as they achieve the class quest milestones so that by the time they reach level 70 or 75 they should be able to afford a Rising Weapon or two.
Armor kind of sucks trying to get (in the sense of it's just not exciting). I think the crappy NPC shops need to offer better gear that scales with your level (PSO1 used to do this to an extent).

The point is the problem is not entirely the player. The game itself doesn't really help. And the player market is a joke. You have people here complaining about Extreme/Ultimate players not having gear, while not really paying attention to the fact you can get to that point in the game in a matter of hours if you know what you are doing during the leveling process, meaning it is impossible to raise the amount of meseta you want people to spend in the amount of time it takes them to access the harder content.

Just think about it. You are a free player (as in you don't partake in AC Scratch), so your primary means of making money are your weeklies (the about 2mill per character), so that's 6 mill a week if you play 3 characters. You can't sell anything in the auction house if you are free, and even if you could by some of your logic they shouldn't be able to access the harder content to get the drops that would make them the money in the first place (or give them a weapon that is good), so they are stuck farming their weeklies every week. A weekly takes me about an hour to get out of the way per character, so that's like 3 hours of gameplay a week until you farm up the money to buy something good? That's going to take a few weeks, and this doesn't even factor in armor or affixing.

Then you have NGS coming fairly soon, with the knowledge that your character and cosmetics, not your level and gear, transfer. The incentive for most players is to get those hairstyles and weapons and makeup and such that will follow them to the new version of the game. So what meseta people do make is likely going towards that. They would rather find the good stuff via RNG and buy the cosmetics they want when they release (because those same cosmetics kind of are very expensive once the tickets go away) then spend all of their money on a Nemesis weapon that will probably not be too great soon (We are on a fast track to get to episode 6 and catch up in time for NGS, meaning until that all slows down it's kind of foolish to go hard on gear until everything levels out).

Maybe the community should help these people get geared instead of bitch about them.

Such stat requirements will do no good since people can't get better with such requirements in place. Expert matching is the fix here since the current requirements in the Japanese server are all solo forcing the player to grind and affix their weapons in order to S rank it. Even scion classes will not let you pass without affixing your weapons and learning the fights.

@ OP:

Sounds to me like the problem is you, not the players trying a new class.

Instead of whining about them, perhaps give them helpful advice on how to do improve themselves, maybe offering to help them with their runs to get the affixes they need to augment, instead of just calling players trash and ignoring them.

It's people with your kind of attitude that make a gaming community toxic.

@Knight-Raime said in There’s going to be a ton of garbage Hero players in a week.:

@TEN-SQUARE-3 It was always my understanding that Affixing is really only important if you're trying to be as efficient as possible for when it comes to very fringe content. Not your average UQ runs in a pub setting or any content you'd expect to reasonably be successful with a pug group. The main factor coming down to having max grinded good enough gear with a proper setup on your class/subclass.

But I don't know what awaits us in EP 5 or 6.

I suppose it depends how you define efficiency, if you look at the time differences between the two runs the high gear run is about 40% faster, which is quite a bit faster. Now that being said, the time I did with common gear is still good. Which go to prove that before you can make full use of that high end gear, you need to know the run, and need to know your class and rotations, cause without all that, that extra potential DPS will be wasted.

So basically get some decent basic gear, get some basic affixing done (50-100 attack range), learn how to play your class effectively, and you’ll still be doing some decent DPS, and you should be fine in most stuff. You’re not going to match someone that has both learnt their class and highly affixed gear, but you will be by no means dead weight either.