There’s going to be a ton of garbage Hero players in a week.

@Akonyl Thank you for the advice!

@SpicyHydroHomie without shop pass it may be hard to grind items and sell it. If u do have a lot of fun points, you can scratch until you a get a 3 day shop pass. Save it until u have 30 items to sell because the shop stays when the the 3 days is up. You just can't put in any items for sale after the 3 day is up. You can still collect what is sold though.

Other way is make 2 other free alt and lvl those to lvl 50 for the weekly meseta missions which gives 2m each char if you do all of em.

@Albedo

Oh that was certainly part of the problem as well, but so too was the fact that the Amduskian Trio took nearly five minutes to kill, and Dark Ragne took another five.

The Magatsu section taking the rest of the time, leaving us literally one to two minutes to fight the Mother Corp (and barely managing to down the first group at that) though speaks more of the group's overall lack of gear, DPS, and class know how then not understanding how to kill Gold Magatsu.

@failures_not_flattering_is_it said in There’s going to be a ton of garbage Hero players in a week.:

And before anyone starts, yes, the weapon doesn’t make the play. Skill does. But ffs if you’re still running around with power level weapons 100 or below... lock your parties.

Currently nothing in the public games have any form of difficulty. So people can use their Sigms 9 grinder 80 melee katanas and just go ham. Canned ham maybe, but ham.

I’ve paid attention to the Nemesis Calibur market as most people will probably go for that as a starter. And I’ve noticed.. it doesn’t seem like one of the 200+ power ones have sold. I’ve checked the last couple of days to get an idea and they’re all still there. Now some are really expensive. 250-500m for the 200-240s. So I was thinking “well. That’s why.”

Then I priced all of the Affixes and the weapon themselves to actually make them yourself.. and it normally took 170-250m and about an hour or two of buying, upslotting, affixing etc if you wanted to make them yourself. And more if you wanted Aether Factor etc. So going off the market, I mean I understand the prices. As someone who’s sold 200s for 150-230m I get it.

But people are going to be going into Hero playing like complete ARKS trash and be fine with it. What’s the point of playing these sorts of MMOs if you don’t have ANY motivation to have remotely decent gear. You don’t have to he a shark to have a full set of 12* units with at least 100 attack on all 3 and a 150+ power weapon. Probably less than 50m but people are content with the 11 other people in the UQ doing all the work. Yet if they get a good drop, it’s sold immediately to sit in the lobby and then post here about bots all day.

I am afraid to say that people have a choice to affix or not so calling people "Garbage" Hero players will not solve the issue. Whether you like it or not PSO2 is for everyone and not just die hard affixers such as the people that choose to affix in Episode 6 (Which I was tempted to do but caved in). Furthermore the market for affixing rn is not a fun place just to get above 4 slots costs millions of meseta which is better saved for 15* weapons and 13* units later on or even for some Phasion but in the end I don't disagree with you on affixing having a point just saying that people have the right to choose in this case.

@Albedo I've had very bad luck with the fun scratch so far.

I might have enough personal quarters tickets to last the rest of my life, but no shop ticket yet :c I will keep trying! Thanks!

i really hope new players won't get to read those "affixing now is pointless" comments.

@Kitsunefox412 said in There’s going to be a ton of garbage Hero players in a week.:

i really hope new players won't get to read those "affixing now is pointless" comments.

They are absolutely right and I say this as someone who sells affixed fodder.

Nemesis still outclasses most of the Episode 5 gear (I see "Nemesis is low-tier" a lot, but this simply is not true, Nemesis is stronger than most 14*), but the problem is that the good Episode 5 gear is leagues ahead, especially since starting from Episode 5, they made gear start lasting forever as many of them get upgrades upon upgrades.

Should note though, while Nemesis is part of the upgrade tree for Atra, meaning you can take its augments up with you, you will want to replace most augments anyway with S-Class Abilities, making your investments kind of pointless.

@Vashzaron veteran skilled players ok, but new players underequiped should try at least a bit. Even back in JP(when i say jp i don't include ship2) we used to have a standard wich says "if you come to XH, you should have atleast a 12*weapon+35 and 3 units+10 with a soul+ status III spirit III stamina III or augments equal so makes easier for everybody.

i'm not saying everybody is obligated to affix, but saying it's pointless would be discouraging new players to learn & try.

And people said reddit was full of elitism. I'm sure you've got more stuff to worry about in your life than be concerned with how people play a game.

@CacodemoN said in There’s going to be a ton of garbage Hero players in a week.:

And people said reddit was full of elitism. I'm sure you've got more stuff to worry about in your life than be concerned with how people play a game.

I would agree with you if this was an offline/solo game, but PSO2 is multiplayer and people should at least put forth an effort to contribute to the MPA and quit thinking only of themselves and expecting others to carry them. Especially considering rewards are sometimes on the line.

And before someone says it, no I'm not in agreement with OP's opinion that people need to be going for 200+ atk affixes to play this game good-- that's BS right there, but the amount of people I see in XH with ungrinded, complete trash weapons is pretty disappointing and needs to change.

Because I'm not dumb enough to spend more money on a 2~5% dmg increase kek. None of the current content needs 150+ ATK. But guys, please keep buying our affixed weapons, thank you. 🙂

I made a 170 att 15 pp 5 slot nemesis calibur and tbh i think i shouldn't really have bothered as they will be replaced real soon.

You can make 150 to 180att very easily and on the cheap but as others have said the affixes won't be that viable for long now so what's the point of going 200+ on a weapon that will be no better than fodder pretty soon?

@SpicyHydroHomie

This won’t net you a ton of meseta but it’s easy to do on a single character and you don’t need premium. Sell grinders to an NPC, they sell for 400 a piece. You can turn 10* junk weapons you find into grinder at the Swap Shop. It will free up your storage from cluttering up while you wait for a 3 day pass.

If it's super top tier content, I'd recommend finding a good alliance and make a party out of similarly minded people. PUGing top tier stuff will always end up in problems for those wanting efficient runs. And coming to the forums to express those troubles and telling others to essentially "git gud" will most likely not be heard by those being targeted because it's common that many players who don't bother to get better gear or better at the game also don't bother to read forums.

So really, get a static party or something. Much less problems that way.