There’s going to be a ton of garbage Hero players in a week.

I gotta be honest i've no idea what the point of this thread is. But it reeks of elitist commentary.

I don't know really jack all about what awaits us in EP 5 and 6 but from my off time googling stuff about the game anyone that's dumping that much meseta into nemi/raven weapons right now are in for a rude awakening come those episodes. Nemi/raven won't be worthless but they won't be anywhere close to BiS with the upgrade paths i've barely read into.

Nemi/Raven was given to us early so we had something to float us for awhile while content kept getting jammed out. It's not like they're the best bar none atm. We just have fewer options to play with. Anyone can take a gix or sigma on a budget and do just fine so long as they've specced their build properly and grind that stuff to max.

Far as i've heard about the successor classes go they're pretty powerful on their own and brain dead easy to play. So if someone's doing bad as the class they likely just don't know what they're doing. Nothing to do with the gear itself.

Soooo, if nothing in public games has any form o difficulty, why lock your party with a unaffixed/bad affixed weapon? Affixes are nice but they aren't as effective as one might think.

I plan to play hero a bit, but I'm not buying a nemesis weapon. I affixed a lightning espada for my starter weapon. Weapons as good and better than nemesis are about to come out, so it's not worth buying one atm (the Jutus weapons for badge 4s are probably around as good and won't cost nearly as much). I affixed/upslotted lots of stuff this week, for later down the line (made fodder for my future atlas weapon among other things). I've had nothing new to equip from this dudu week. I currently have a nemesis saber and 3 union units with about 100 MEL and have completed all the current content (i made most of said items the prior dudu week).

Yes heros are gonna play like arks trash next week, but it won't be due to poorly affixed gear. Affixed gear or not, they will regardless cause it's new. I hope everyone has fun with hero. Urgent quests will still be easily done. 🙂

I personally like affixing, but there's no gear we can get atm that I find worth making super affixes for. All I can do now is make fodder for the said items (which is what I've been doing).

The biggest most worthwhile effect you can have on your weapon right now is making sure it's grinded/enhanced.

@Ren6617 said in There’s going to be a ton of garbage Hero players in a week.:

1. It is not an MMO, as it is not "massively multiplayer", which refers to concurrent players in a zone/area - 12 is OG vanilla "multiplayer".
  2. The difference between 100 and 200 atk stat on an item is absolutely negligible unless you're playing a SUMMONER, which isn't a terribly popular class to begin with. Why complain about 3% dps?

I've had groups fail Towards the Future on EX because of how bad their DPS was, and I don't mean "We got to Deus and ran out of time", I mean "We took five minutes to kill the Amduskia Dragons because I was the only one doing any real DPS, then ran out of time on the second wave of the Mother Corp, without actually killing any of them".

Don't think for a moment that people with crap gear is "negligible". In the 12-man raids, sure, a few dead weight players isn't going to make or break anything. But trying to Heroic Deus Esca, or even the TTW on EX, basically turns into you wasting your time with people that aren't geared or don't understand their class.

@Blade-Syphon said in There’s going to be a ton of garbage Hero players in a week.:

I've had groups fail Towards the Future on EX because of how bad their DPS was, and I don't mean "We got to Deus and ran out of time", I mean "We took five minutes to kill the Amduskia Dragons because I was the only one doing any real DPS, then ran out of time on the second wave of the Mother Corp, without actually killing any of them".

I think I was in this party yesterday?

@Gurgles

It was the day before yesterday I think. I had two Summoners and a Bouncer, the latter did literally nothing, and I'm not even sure what in god's green earth the two Summoners were doing.

All I do know is that Magatsu should not have taken nearly fifteen full minutes, and yet...

@Blade-Syphon

Oh, wasn't me then, I'm a Tecter.. but I experienced this EXACT scenario. I noticed the first bit was taking a really long time, and stopped and noticed that one guy was using a Nox. We then ran out of time on Mother stage 2. I didn't even realize there was a time limit before!

I think u just got unlucky with pugs that didn't know the boss mechanics if it took 15min to do megatsu in a AIS

People can’t afford the prices for some of that gear, especially a weapon for a popular class. A weapon costs 30m-40m on my ship not including affixes, by the time a casual player can save up that much, the gear will be old hat.

Yes it’s frustrating when players eat the floor a lot because their gear isn’t the best but I still see them trying.

Hero might have a lot of bad players for a while, it happens any time there’s a shiny new class. The ones who truly want to play it will stick with it and get better.

Hopefully the newest BiS gear will be easier for players to obtain. I’m looking forward to Hero anyway.

Honestly, why do some people just try to bash on people when a new class comes out in any game? To prevent them from even attempting to learn it or... what? Not all of us played the JP version and got a hold of any of the scion classes and learned everything there is to know about it.

@ZarexWolf E-l-i-t-s-m.

Having low ungrinded gear is one thing but if they have +10brissa/saiki set with basic affix and still get flamed for it then it's straight elitism.

@Albedo Still, it's just a literal why to elitism. It's 100% ignorant to try and scare people off from certain things in games or ideas. Especially to the elitists that know full well how hard it is to learn something new.

What is there to even be elite or boast about? Affixing takes money/time. No real "skill" involved there and any content we have right now can easily be cleared without min maxing them. There is no type of heroic/mythic/savage etc. content in this game.

@Gamers-are-so-oppressed Unless people confuse luck with affixes for "skill."

Alot of ppl playing are new to the game and never played the JP version. Ppl are gonna be rusty when new content drops, probably not hero class as that would be intuitive. Those who went hardcore on the jp version made their mistakes and learned alot of things before NA. It doesn't make the jp players particularly good, they just had the knowledge, and that is quite a bit of power over alot of NA players.

@SpicyHydroHomie said in There’s going to be a ton of garbage Hero players in a week.:

Are there any guides that will help me make 250 mil without premium set? I have very little meseta :c

All I can really think of is to make sure to do your dailies, storing 100k+ meseta exploration dailies from previous days helps and makes it so you get to fulfill multiple dailies' worth of orders in a single exploration at times, which is nice. Though you can't go quite that hard at that, since you only have 20 available quests as non-premium. Make sure to do your weekly Yerkes hand-ins, and keep up with your 13* collection folders (so you can sell the revolsios when you eventually use a 3-day shop pass). Have three characters to do your dailies/weeklies on.

Otherwise, dunno. It sucks, but any way to get a ton of meseta would probably be via marketboard play (either fashion reselling/speculation or affixing or whatever), which you don't have access to as non-premium. I've been on premium for the past two months and it's definitely a ton easier to make money when you can just throw random stuff on the marketboard instead of having to pick+choose what you hoard for when you eventually use a 3-day pass. But even then, I've probably only seen 250m meseta pass through my hands total (sitting around 150m now), so I'm not the best source of advice either.