There’s going to be a ton of garbage Hero players in a week.

And before anyone starts, yes, the weapon doesn’t make the play. Skill does. But ffs if you’re still running around with power level weapons 100 or below... lock your parties.

Currently nothing in the public games have any form of difficulty. So people can use their Sigms 9 grinder 80 melee katanas and just go ham. Canned ham maybe, but ham.

I’ve paid attention to the Nemesis Calibur market as most people will probably go for that as a starter. And I’ve noticed.. it doesn’t seem like one of the 200+ power ones have sold. I’ve checked the last couple of days to get an idea and they’re all still there. Now some are really expensive. 250-500m for the 200-240s. So I was thinking “well. That’s why.”

Then I priced all of the Affixes and the weapon themselves to actually make them yourself.. and it normally took 170-250m and about an hour or two of buying, upslotting, affixing etc if you wanted to make them yourself. And more if you wanted Aether Factor etc. So going off the market, I mean I understand the prices. As someone who’s sold 200s for 150-230m I get it.

But people are going to be going into Hero playing like complete ARKS trash and be fine with it. What’s the point of playing these sorts of MMOs if you don’t have ANY motivation to have remotely decent gear. You don’t have to he a shark to have a full set of 12* units with at least 100 attack on all 3 and a 150+ power weapon. Probably less than 50m but people are content with the 11 other people in the UQ doing all the work. Yet if they get a good drop, it’s sold immediately to sit in the lobby and then post here about bots all day.

"What’s the point of playing these sorts of MMOs if you don’t have ANY motivation to have remotely decent gear. You don’t have to he a shark to have a full set of 12* units with at least 100 attack on all 3 and a 150+ power weapon. "

honestly man i think its because casuals , ill be real i had no idea how it worked till someone walked me through the gear an how it works but im fine now.

@Master-Bulbs said in There’s going to be a ton of garbage Hero players in a week.:

"What’s the point of playing these sorts of MMOs if you don’t have ANY motivation to have remotely decent gear. You don’t have to he a shark to have a full set of 12* units with at least 100 attack on all 3 and a 150+ power weapon. "

honestly man i think its because casuals , ill be real i had no idea how it worked till someone walked me through the gear an how it works but im fine now.

I will 100% say that this game has the most annoyingly hard and aggravating painful affixing/weapon upgrading system of any MMO I’ve ever played in my entire life. And that doesn’t help. It’s overly convoluted that’s for sure.

and having the best gear will still not make you good also Hero class is locked from the start so you not gonna find that many that will be with bad gear in high levels right away just later when the ones with good gear had reached the new level cap and the newer players meet the requirements to unlock Hero.

1. It is not an MMO, as it is not "massively multiplayer", which refers to concurrent players in a zone/area - 12 is OG vanilla "multiplayer".
  2. The difference between 100 and 200 atk stat on an item is absolutely negligible unless you're playing a SUMMONER, which isn't a terribly popular class to begin with. Why complain about 3% dps?

I played all the Scion/Successor classes in JP's tutorials for them (Except Luster), much like normal classes, and never liked Hero, Phantom. Which is why I stuck to Etoile. You don't get stat boosts for getting them to level 75 either, so it's not like you have a serious desire to level them up.

So you'll have one less garbage Hero class user to deal with.

I probably won't bother with Luster either, since I've never liked Gunslashes / Gunblades to begin with, and having its modes/stances/attacks based on what element the gunslash/gunblade is, is kind of not what I want. I'm also more of a solo player, which makes Etoile far more of a better choice for me. I'll still level up Phantom for Summoner, but I won't be using it as a main class for UQs/actual content with other players.

The people that will commit to the class will get better gear. What's the point of investing a fucking ton of money into something when you don't even know if you'll like it? On top of that, a lot of the best players aren't running around with god gear in the slightest on NA right now. Nothing even over 150 attack.

Affixes don't amount to nearly the amount of damage that you think they do. Affixing lightly is fine, you can get great stuff out of very light amounts of affixing, which will improve things slightly, but its not like a 100 attack affix unit + 200 attack affix weapon player is going to automatically be carrying the living shit out of everyone else in the MPA. Hell I've ended up in ultis with people that fit this exact description that just ate the floor nonstop.

Also I really hope you're not neglecting hp and pp in your affixes either, but attack is all you've mentioned. Especially on Hero which doesn't have automate halfline or anything, and sword normals outside of normal 3 have garbage pp recovery, and TMG weapon action Perfect Attack heals a % of PP. Yes Hero doesn't want to be getting hit but that's an entire other part of it. Affixes aren't really gonna help you not get hit. HP can actually help prevent Hero Boost losses too so having some isn't actually that bad.

TL;DR: The main reasons hero players will be bad is not because of affixes, it's going to be not knowing how to play the class.

I agree that people should affix to get a grasp on the system if nothing else, but the bar you're asking for is way too much. Something like Alles Di Soul, Doom Break 1, Deus Factor, Noble Stamina or something will give 50 Pwr (60 MEL) 105 hp 9pp, and the main cost is the affix fee, a 4 slot expedition soul like Shraider Soul, and a 40% booster right now during boost week (unless you make some of the fodders yourself or gamble, which incites more affix fees -- and this is a lot harder outside of boost). Maybe 3-4m per unit and 100 cubes unless you have some 40% sitting around. Noble Might, in comparison, costs like 5m by itself lol. But having cushion to be able to take a hit on Hero without potentially losing boost immediately is good, especially when you're relatively new to the class too.

Off of that, you can decide if you actually want to COMMIT to the class. Then start working on bigger units, and bigger weapons. We have new options for units and weapons coming and who knows how 14*s will be released. If not, then you can at least use those same units on other classes too. And lets not forget... Hero has more than 1 weapon. And you should probably learn how to use all of them.

Basically I just fully disagree with this post, other than affixing is a good idea to learn how to do it. Don't spend a ton of money on it for a class you haven't even played, but understand that there are budget options available instead. A person that has played out in the field for an hour with a 60 element Homura is going to suck just as much as the person who's running a 200 attack Nemesis for an hour. Hell, someone that has some amount of HP affixed like what I suggested is more likely to be able to take a hit without losing their hero boost.

Just have fun......being the best is not always important. Just have fun with friends and a good time. There are so many ways to have fun. It a game after all!

Scion classes are power and don't require a ton of skill imo. Arks-Visiphone also agrees with this claim

"Successor Classes are special Classes that are unlocked by fulfilling special requirements. Players can unlock Successor Classes by having any 2 Basic Classes at Lv. 75 or higher. Successor Classes boast power that exceeds that of Basic Classes and are easy to handle, allowing players to output immense damage with ease."

@failures_not_flattering_is_it said in There’s going to be a ton of garbage Hero players in a week.:

You don’t have to he a shark to have a full set of 12* units with at least 100 attack on all 3 and a 150+ power weapon. Probably less than 50m

I feel like you probably have a pretty out-of-touch outlook on how much money a lot of players playing this game actually have, considering how much money you apparently throw around on single marketboard items.

@Akonyl just yesterday I farmed flict and made a tech unit +110.

Total cost: 3mil

About half went into market

3mil's a lot more reasonable, but the original statement of being "probably" less than 50m (~12.5 mil per weap/unit for a set if just one weapon) seems pretty out there for probably a lot of players.

If I sold the rest of the goods I got from farming, I would make a 3 mil profit.

So yea, farming your affixes can soak up a lot of the costs

I don't think affixes make such a huge difference (I tried with and without a +100 atk affix and the difference is so small that it's unnoticeable), but you seem to forget that not everyone is able to sell items they have since player shop passes are locked behind rng or paywall.

I have this and more items to to sell (except revolsio, they are fodder) since my luck has not been great with fun scratches and I bet I'm not alone. inventory

Yes, I have more than enough meseta from extremes, weeklies and such, but since currency doesn't carry over NGS, I'd rather buy fashion and store it than waste time and meseta on affixes.

@condor Affixing does makes a huge difference, if it's not making for you, then i think you're not doing it properly. I wonder if you affixed your units, if you got your weapons to 35.