Keyboard customization

If I customize the WASD keys to my numpad keys, movement stop working, or work a bit but stops after a while. When I cannot move, WASD keys too were not working, I have to reset to defaults to be able to play.

@Bly said in Keyboard customization:

If I customize the WASD keys to my numpad keys, movement stop working, or work a bit but stops after a while. When I cannot move, WASD keys too were not working, I have to reset to defaults to be able to play.

You sure num lock isn't being enabled/disabled? Might explain the issue.

Numlock is enabled. When I customize keys, it says as example "Numpad 5" when I rekey forward to number 5 on keypad. But when I exit the customization menu, none of remapped movement keys works. Only the jump button I did rekey to "Numpad 0" Here a snipped of the remapping I tried to use.

remapped keys

Did you make sure that NumPad is not also still assigned to palette switching or shortcut use? It should in theory automatically change when you go to remap, but you never know with this game.

I did a check, numpad is not used anywhere, at least from what I can see in settings. I now did filed a support request about this issue. I am left-handed (mouse on left hand) and using the default WASD is not comfortable, that is reason I always remap WASD to the numpad on the right of keyboard.I hope this can be solved easily 🙂

@Bly said in Keyboard customization:

I did a check, numpad is not used anywhere, at least from what I can see in settings. I now did filed a support request about this issue. I am left-handed (mouse on left hand) and using the default WASD is not comfortable, that is reason I always remap WASD to the numpad on the right of keyboard.I hope this can be solved easily 🙂

If your keyboard is equipped with software, you could always set, while PSO2 is running (and/or your active windows) to rebind your keyboard so that your numpad presses will instead just mimic WSAD. I've done things like this with my Logitech Gaming Software on some games that wouldn't keep or recognize numpad and extra mouse button inputs (Divinity Original Sin comes to mind)