Buying the uncensored version: a suggestion for the height slider and other removed content.

@Weirdo Thing is, I don't think a compromise is the right answer. There's absolutely no reason for any of the content in the original game to be forcibly hidden from people, or even behind a toggle. If people don't like what the original game has to offer, they shouldn't petition to change these things for everyone, they should do the adult thing and disregard the parts they don't like.

Sega needs to understand what people want from this game. Clearly someone did, when they announced "all the content", they knew what the expectations around the game would be. Whether that was just a lie to get people hyped up, or an honest attempt at bringing over everything that was discarded along the way, we can't know. Either way, I think what's needed is a way to bring more attention to the issue than forum posts, where GMs can pick and choose what gets forwarded to the devs. As things stand, not even the most pro-censorship compromise would get through to Sega.

@coldreactive said in Buying the uncensored version: a suggestion for the height slider and other removed content.:

I know some games will uncensor if you pay nearly the price of the full game over again, if not more. (Such as Gal Gun's 99.99 USD Uncensored DLC)

it's also not like they can't put in Old Type Weapons either. The old upgrade system is still in the NA version through the Rings.

There are old-type weapons in global. 8c3886cc-6644-4949-ac77-e70d4b934ca6-image.png f5f6e6ce-b529-4d5d-942a-86e5f5265049-image.png 397428bd-4a96-4ee6-b990-fcabf2bf1365-image.png

@TheMerfox the way to get the GM's attention is to keep the thread going, make it bigger, get more people talking.

@Liam-J-McAdam Yeah, except the GMs have been less than helpful in matters of censorship, if they even deliver that feedback to the devs like they claim to do. The only way I could see the issue being resolved is if a larger game media outlet covers a story on the censorship in the game.

@TheMerfox I wouldn't want that. The puritanical BS has been limited to four or five people, with two using multiple accounts. Even if there is nothing wrong with what they censored, and the statement that nothing should have been censored is true, a major game media outlet covering what was censored, would draw a larger mob of Twitter Karens, that would call for more censorship of the game overall. Look at how Anime has been handled as it goes more mainstream. People that don't even watch the genre, or even care about it, have been wanting laws put in place in their respective countries to try and censor, or outright ban Anime. Australia, I'm looking at you on that last part.

At this point I'm hoping that after NGS drops next year, SEGA quietly removes the censorship without so much as a word. And that the players that don't want censorship, are smart enough to be quietly thankful.

@Anarchy-Marine I think the main difference here is that anime and games are different beasts. I can't think of a single time where games have been censored and gamers weren't upset about it.

The absence of censorship is even celebrated in some cases. I believe it was when a Senran Kagura game was shown to be censored on the PS4, Nintendo, of all companies, went out and said that the games wouldn't be censored on their platform.

I believe that if word got out to a larger crowd, the support would greatly shift towards anti-censorship. Strangely enough, the Karens rarely care about games and instead tend to target anime, who knows why.

@Kurumi-Tokisaki said in Buying the uncensored version: a suggestion for the height slider and other removed content.:

@coldreactive said in Buying the uncensored version: a suggestion for the height slider and other removed content.:

I know some games will uncensor if you pay nearly the price of the full game over again, if not more. (Such as Gal Gun's 99.99 USD Uncensored DLC)

it's also not like they can't put in Old Type Weapons either. The old upgrade system is still in the NA version through the Rings.

There are old-type weapons in global. 8c3886cc-6644-4949-ac77-e70d4b934ca6-image.png f5f6e6ce-b529-4d5d-942a-86e5f5265049-image.png 397428bd-4a96-4ee6-b990-fcabf2bf1365-image.png

I find it interesting my cache for shop searching is filled with -C weapons like I've seen them before, wonder if NPCs having them or something count.

@TheMerfox If you would have said that five years ago, I'd believe you, but within the last two years alone, I've seen enough things happening in the world at large that tells me otherwise. I don't think you have a realistic grasp of what's been happening as a result of people with far too much time on their hands, even more so now with the quarantine mandates, given the Covid issue. We live in a world where a woman with a PhD went on live television, and tried to tell those interviewing her, that math of all things is racist. The inept, and those incapable of logical thought bought every lie she sold, and now there are fringe groups that adamantly believe this is fact. And you are trying to tell me, that those that see everything as problematic won't influence video games. It's already happened to some degree, you just have to know where to look.

Some will just reject this idea as "diverting resources". Ive vouched before for options that limit the content to those who want to have it, like a toggle, or a free downloable patch, but even these ideas were argued against.

@ZorokiHanuke Those who argue against it want the game censored in the first place.

@ZorokiHanuke It's just the way things work sadly. People will fight tooth and nail to either ruin or protect a game. There's no real good way to convince people that a patch, toggle, or a DLC payment will work in some people's eyes since they want this to be an E 10+ or T rated game for whatever strange reason.

@ZarexWolf the main reason; people gave a zero sum game mentality. Any victory for one side is considered a defeat to them.

Which this solution won't violate.

@Liam-J-McAdam Exactly, and the fact they mix reality with fantasy. Just... tired of so many stuff being so "bad" for some people in the west here that most franchises don't get more games/products here.