PSA: They forgot to turn on the enhancement boost event (Resolved? Will see tomorrow)

Just failed a 5->6 upslot with a 40% booster, after going 5->6->5. That's 95% each normally, which should be guaranteed with the 10% weapon affix boost. Refund my 300 Excubes dammit. And give me an extra Excube to make up for having to re-upslot to 5.

Thread appears to have provided information resolving the problem? I'll put this on hold to not panic people if I'm wrong.

This post is deleted!

@GM-Deynger Yes. This morning. Of the 23rd.

Edit: As more evidence for that interpretation, the AC Support Scratch states that it goes live on the 23rd, 3 AM EDT. That translates to 0:00 PDT, on the 23rd. I can personally say that it's been up for more than an hour before I did those affixes (threw a ticket at it), so the enhancement boost event should be live already.

Hrm.....ok you're right. I'll have someone look into this.

@GM-Deynger Thank you for your time! The PSO2 subreddit already appears to be operating under the assumption that it's boost week, so the sooner things get sorted the better for all of us.

@AiC-L Just to check, when you were upslotting from 5>6, were you using only one fodder? As in, 1 Base + 1 fodder. There's a bigger penalty when upslotting with only one fodder vs using two fodders. If you were using only one fodder, 5>6 being 95% even with boost week is not a mistake.

To clarify:

Before applying +40% support item,

Going from 5 slot to 6 slot, if you use 1 base and 2 fodders, without +10% boost week the rates are 55%.

Going from 5 slot to 6 slot, if you use 1 base and 1 fodder, without +10% boost week, the rates are 45%.

Going from 5 slot to 6 slot, if you use 1 base and 2 fodders, with +10% boost week, the rates are 65%.

Going from 5 slot to 6 slot, if you use 1 base and 1 fodder, with +10% boost week, the rates are 55%.

@Misuran I've been doing single ones for the past few weeks. It's always been 55+40%. Never heard of something like that existing, nor does a search turn it up.

I did my units this morning at exact indicated starting time. It is working. Ship 1 btw.

@AiC-L said in PSA: They forgot to turn on the enhancement boost event:

@Misuran I've been doing single ones for the past few weeks. It's always been 55+40%. Never heard of something like that existing, nor does a search turn it up.

I know for a fact it exists because I've been affixing for 8 years.

Also, you didn't search hard enough

https://flamii.wordpress.com/affixing-guidelines/

https://fulldive.nu/pso2/pso2-affixing-101/

Edit:

From flamii's:

Keep in mind you need at least two fodders to get a “regular” upslot rate. You can even just use one actual fodder and a dummy one without any affixes you want. Using only one decreases your rates for some reason.

From fulldive.nu:

Caveats. Try to use exactly 2 fodders when upslotting. When only one fodder is used, the success chance is lower. When more than 2 fodders are used, the cost ramps up quickly.

@Misuran I've literally been using those guides. If that's true I'll retract my statement.

@Ash-Lv1 You can't prove that a bonus doesn't not exist by saying that you haven't failed. It doesn't work that way.

Edit: Out of Excubes. Well, I'll take your word for it. It does seem like the kind of silly thing that would make it in. In any case I'll throw stuff at it tomorrow to be safe.

This topic was posted 5 hours ago which is a nice coincidence because that's exactly how long ago that I confirmed the ring enhancement boost definitely was working.

Rings normally have an 80% enhancement success rate regardless of level, with certain rings as an exception. The campaign's boost is +10%. This means using an Enhancement Aid +10% should make the enhancement go from Safe to Certain. And 5 hours ago I took this screenshot:

edfc43f3-059a-43ad-b19f-74a4ef1bfede-image.png

So this boost is definitely in effect. If there are boosts that are not in effect, it would be an issue for that particular boost and not the whole campaign.

Yes, I wanted to pop back in to confirm that the Boost to affixing is active on live servers. It appears you've just had a run of really, really bad luck. 😞