How do you mute bots now?

I'm not sure when it happened but these bot spammers are getting through blacklisting and muting now. I tend to sit in the lobby a lot and the moment I see spam, I immediately blacklist the character and go into their xbox account to mute and block them. It worked fine before, I'd only see their messages maybe 1 or 2 times but nowadays, doing these doesnt seem to stop their spam at all.

Edit: Found and Fixed the problem The blacklist wasnt showing up properly. I'm able to blacklist people, the game says the character has been put on the list but it wasnt actually working. Managed to "fix" the problem by deleting everyone on my blacklist.

@Yayo2411 said in How do you mute bots now?:

I tend to sit in the lobby a lot

Found your problem. This is like sitting outside all day and complaining you're getting a sunburn.

Bots are a problem. Yes. Are they going away? Probably never. You can either adapt or deal with it.

@Furious said in How do you mute bots now?:

I tend to sit in the lobby a lot

Found your problem. This is like sitting outside all day and complaining you're getting a sunburn.

Bots are a problem. Yes. Are they going away? Probably never. You can either adapt or deal with it.

"You shouldn't play the way you want to play, you need to play my way. It isn't the game's fault. It is your fault. The game is perfect. You are the wrong one here."

What the f is that stupid reply? I'm already 80 on all classes and have units for each type of atk and have a tank set too. Already done gathering and dailies on main and 2 alt characters. I'm just sitting in lobby while I feed exp eggs to my pets.

Maybe you still have stuff to do so you can suggest dumb ideas like "deal with it" but for people who know what they're doing, we've essentially already done everything in the game and are just waiting for the hero release.

Microsoft managed to put a "view gamercard" option on the character medu display. Putting a "mute" option shouldnt be that hard

check if your blacklist is not full, if it is you not gonna be able to put more there

Yeah, I think that might be the problem but not exactly for the reason you mentioned.

I cleared up some space before (to blacklist more bots) and I noticed that the pages doesnt seem to be showing up properly. Like page 1 and 5 wouldnt show full while 2-4. If it was working properly, shouldnt only 1 page not show full?

I'll probably have to remove everyone (and by that, I mean the 5 hundred pnids) on the list to fix this

okay so I deleted every single one of these pnid bots on my blacklist and started blocking bots I see on the lobby. Seems to be working fine now. I guess there really is an issue with the blacklist since it would say someone was added to it but it doesnt actually do so

What the f is that stupid reply? I'm already 80 on all classes and have units for each type of atk and have a tank set too. Already done gathering and dailies on main and 2 alt characters. I'm just sitting in lobby while I feed exp eggs to my pets.

Maybe you still have stuff to do so you can suggest dumb ideas like "deal with it" but for people who know what they're doing, we've essentially already done everything in the game and are just waiting for the hero release.

Microsoft managed to put a "view gamercard" option on the character medu display. Putting a "mute" option shouldnt be that hard

Somehow "don't stand there" became "you don't know what you're doing." You're the one choosing to hang around where bots tend to pop up, so yes, move or deal with it.

@Gamers-are-so-oppressed said in How do you mute bots now?:

"You shouldn't play the way you want to play, you need to play my way. It isn't the game's fault. It is your fault. The game is perfect. You are the wrong one here."

Almost. You don't need to play my way, and the game isn't perfect.

But otherwise, yes. Blacklisting isn't going to help, since infinite accounts and characters can be generated to spam all day long. Bots like this have existed in every game, and no one can truly get rid of them. It is indeed your fault if you sit around where they spam, because you can move out of range of their messages or go somewhere else.

Is this a problem? As stated, yes. It absolutely should not be the solution. Until a real fix comes out that magically does away with them forever, you either have to deal with it if you want to hang out where they are, or you can carry your butt to a different spot so you don't see the messages.

They need to put a level cap of at least 30 for lobby chat. At least when they get banned they can’t come back INSTANTLY.

Will never happen. I Wonder if a GM could ever pass that along. Every other successful MMO does this.

If we don't get anything with next maintenance hope is pretty much lost. This is going on for a long time and nothing has changed yet.

Almost. You don't need to play my way, and the game isn't perfect.

But otherwise, yes. Blacklisting isn't going to help, since infinite accounts and characters can be generated to spam all day long. Bots like this have existed in every game, and no one can truly get rid of them. It is indeed your fault if you sit around where they spam, because you can move out of range of their messages or go somewhere else.

Don't try and put other companies down just because Sega doesn't know how to deal with bots. It is not the fault of the player that Sega doesn't know how to deal with them when others have. So the player has every right to complain about the issue until action is taken. Seems PSO2's bot spam is so popular it shows up as the first result in Google. I'm so proud of them.

Capture.PNG

@Gamers-are-so-oppressed Did you know that Google tailors your search results based on your search history?

I once had the Google feed on my phone suggest a forum post that I made as a suggested article.

dce0005c-1d3d-4928-ab0c-fffa8e3511dd-image.png

Not to mention that since PSO2 is probably one of the more recent MMOs to pop up outside of JP, it's not surprising it would appear since it has newer results.

It's not me putting down other companies: it's a fact. For some reason you seem to think I'm white-knighting for Sega, when I have made no such claims or insinuations in the first place. My comments about bots existing have been generic, my answers grounded in the reality of what it means to play a MMO with bots. Your seeming hate-boner for Sega is causing you to ignore that and flail about like you're being personally attacked. Perhaps you should play something else.

@failures_not_flattering_is_it said in How do you mute bots now?:

They need to put a level cap of at least 30 for lobby chat. At least when they get banned they can’t come back INSTANTLY.

Will never happen. I Wonder if a GM could ever pass that along. Every other successful MMO does this.

I thought the same thing, but then real new players won't be able to ask people for help or anything. Maybe prevent them from using the shouting with the chat that makes noise. Then we won't have to hear them spam it.

@Furious You can try it yourself but I imagine you won't.

Not sure what recent mmos you played with bots as bad as this but if you got some examples I'd love to see em.

@Furious You can try it yourself but I imagine you won't.

Not sure what recent mmos you played with bots as bad as this but if you got some examples I'd love to see em.

I did, as a matter of fact. Lo and behold, I got the same top result. Why? Probably because I have been playing this game and actively googling things about it for the last couple of months. Not surprising.