PVP in the Game?

@IfrianMMO said in PVP in the Game?:

@Zipzo said in PVP in the Game?:

@ARKHAM-CANNON said in PVP in the Game?:

Thank goodness- no one needs pvp in this game.

Balancing? LOL

Look at how destiny and the division suffer greatly when nothing can be too strong...basically, its a disaster.

PSO never had it, doesnt need it. No offense but if you really need pvp, this aint your game.

False, original PSO had PvP, and consequently, so does PSO2. Battle mode had a really die hard community, though I will submit the meta was a lot more narrow (lol humars).

@SweetChilliHeat said in PVP in the Game?:

@Zipzo said in PVP in the Game?:

Disagree with pretty much everyone here.

I think PvP in PSO2 is actually really fun

Last I checked it was pretty dead in JPN so you might be in the minority in thinking its really fun

Interesting opinion, I never have issues getting queues, but I also play at JP prime time.

I recall the meta in PSO GC mostly being Fonewearls spamming Rabarta and similar stuff and i think there was a megid build?

I think Rangers with Snow Queen were also quite popular for a time

It´s been over a decade though, so i may not fully remember all types.

The most popular way to PvP was by far B6 mode, which stripped you of your actual gear and made you pick up items from boxes in the small arena to use against your opponent.

Humars were considered quite strong due to their ability to learn TECHS mid match, allowing them to use things like Zonde or Foie for damage utility that, for example, HUcasts had no access to (and traps didn't really compare). Coupled with their very high attack power and decent accuracy they could also use a handgun effectively (which CASTS did better actually). The end of the day, HUmars just had great coverage for whatever your random boxes provides you on your side of the map.

FFA PvP in VR Spaceship was a lot less common for actual "skill-based" PvP communities.

Going in with all gear and spells was considered meme PvP, because forces could just megid you and a lot of rare weapon specials were cheese, which completely defeated the point.

I wish there a map for battle royal

@DrabMosquito312 Wait, like FFA or do you mean like Fortnite cause you can just go and play Fortnite. Last thing we need is another haphazardly made battle royale game.

@coldreactive said in PVP in the Game?:

It's basically TF2 Randomizer, but the weapons are pickups on the ground.

lol this description got me intrigued as I loved TF2 randomizer nonsense

@Zipzo

False lolz. IT doesnt matter your reasons, PVP does not fit in this game. who really wants to hear complainers (especially cheating PC folk) that some weapons are OP? ITs a disease, look at the bums at bungie...they cant get anything right

The equivalent of PVP in pso1 was snatching rares before someone else. Thats all, NOBODY played any kind of pvp. I played with a small army on dremcast until it was dead as a doornail.

• You know what your "die hard" was referring to? the 10 people that make the most noise that just want to WIN agaisnt another player. Its a useless bunch that never contributes to the communities, just encourages cheaters to cheat more so they could feel elite in thier basements.

SO yeah...just NO. Get that PVP pso trash talk outta here. Just to be clear, im not being hostile towards you, but to what you are saying...last thing we need is noisy 'we wants pvpz' stinking up the pso forums.

/fin

@ARKHAM-CANNON said in PVP in the Game?:

@Zipzo

False lolz. IT doesnt matter your reasons, PVP does not fit in this game. who really wants to hear complainers (especially cheating PC folk) that some weapons are OP? ITs a disease, look at the bums at bungie...they cant get anything right

The equivalent of PVP in pso1 was snatching rares before someone else. Thats all, NOBODY played any kind of pvp. I played with a small army on dremcast until it was dead as a doornail.

• You know what your "die hard" was referring to? the 10 people that make the most noise that just want to WIN agaisnt another player. Its a useless bunch that never contributes to the communities, just encourages cheaters to cheat more so they could feel elite in thier basements.

SO yeah...just NO. Get that PVP pso trash talk outta here. Just to be clear, im not being hostile towards you, but to what you are saying...last thing we need is noisy 'we wants pvpz' stinking up the pso forums.

/fin

But...you're wrong though...

PSO did have a PvP mode. It was called Battle mode and had several type selections depending on how you wanted to fight.