PVP in the Game?

Hello,

Was wondering if there will be PVP in this game and how so? Clan battles? 1v1? 3v3?

Thanks,

From I seen on youtube, there is pvp but its kinda like this.. You see weapons on the ground and you pick up whatever one you want and than use that.. From what I seen most people go for the staff and shoot the big ball of energy..

I wish it was more of a 1v1 or 3v3 of some sort but unfortunately its not. PS has never really been about PvP though.

The PVP in this game is simply just added on stuff. Games like this do better without pvp because of balancing reasons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOpIEzM6400&t=81s

PSO2NA Battle Mode tournament when?

It's basically TF2 Randomizer, but the weapons are pickups on the ground.

Its pretty basic PvP, as others said, grab the weapons on the ground and fight. This game is mostly for the Story, PvE, and fashion.

If you want PvP you'll want to find another game, as this game does not work around it, there's a lot of solid choices so don't worry.

Sea of Thieves works very well with PvEvP, with a griefing focus, you also have the BDO game which revolves entirely around PvP, grinding stops, GvG and so.

Be warned that unless you live close to the server PVP is completely pointless.

The lag is real within that mode, and if you live in EU you will probably die before the screen even displays the enemy animation.

Disagree with pretty much everyone here.

I think PvP in PSO2 is actually really fun, and I had a blast earning all the battle mode points to unlock all the different camos and outfits.

You do not get to use your earned gear and weapons. You are stripped of that, and basically given a sort of randomized selection of weapons to which your team can decide who gets what. In pugs it's a mad dash for the weapon you're decent at, so it's generally better to just be good with all of them so you can perform no matter how it ends up.

Actual combat is a mix of spacing and knowing your opponents options. Enemy Casters you want to LOS corners and bait, against hunters it's important to understand how to perfect guard and make sure you double step a lot in order to not be an easy target. Swords present very easy kill options if you get in to melee range, so keep your distance from sword users as they have a wide swing range, and you're definitely dead if you get caught in even a quick JA'd rising edge.

Casters are very strong with Zonde and Megid (zoning tools). Bouncers are strong with mobility and homing PAs. Hunters can one shot you if you take a PA or get combo locked in sword swings. Bow is also an option and is strong especially if you're good at baiting people in to final nem.

Gameplay consists of getting points by killing people on the other team. Some battleground environments have hazards like lava and stuff. The maps are generally balanced in terms of LOS options and geography.

It's a pretty fun mode, and it comes with rankings and its own lobby that does away with all your PVE ego to focus solely on your battle rank.

People who dislike it probably get owned a few times by better players and never tried it again.

@Zipzo said in PVP in the Game?:

I think PvP in PSO2 is actually really fun

Last I checked it was pretty dead in JPN so you might be in the minority in thinking its really fun

@Zipzo Only bad thing i see here is me and my French ass getting bodied because of latency spikes, but everything you said seems right.

Eh. I rather have a Phantasy Star flavored version of S4 League (with less predatory cash shops) than to play PVP in this game.

SEGA is aware of the PvP audience and they have created their version of it on JP. This is not an "I take my over tweaked character to beat on underdeveloped noobs" gank fest, its more of a mini-game. The nice thing is that on JP there are SG rewards depending on ranking. We will be getting this mode eventually in future updates, the arena girl is in-game on the NA version already, she just doesn't offer you anything atm.

Thank goodness- no one needs pvp in this game.

Balancing? LOL

Look at how destiny and the division suffer greatly when nothing can be too strong...basically, its a disaster.

PSO never had it, doesnt need it. No offense but if you really need pvp, this aint your game.

@ARKHAM-CANNON said in PVP in the Game?:

Balancing? LOL

Look at how destiny and the division suffer greatly when nothing can be too strong...basically, its a disaster.

PSO never had it, doesnt need it. No offense but if you really need pvp, this aint your game.

False, original PSO had PvP, and consequently, so does PSO2. Battle mode had a really die hard community, though I will submit the meta was a lot more narrow (lol humars).

@SweetChilliHeat said in PVP in the Game?:

Last I checked it was pretty dead in JPN so you might be in the minority in thinking its really fun

Interesting opinion, I never have issues getting queues, but I also play at JP prime time.

@ARKHAM-CANNON said in PVP in the Game?:

Balancing? LOL

False, original PSO had PvP, and consequently, so does PSO2. Battle mode had a really die hard community, though I will submit the meta was a lot more narrow (lol humars).

@SweetChilliHeat said in PVP in the Game?:

Interesting opinion, I never have issues getting queues, but I also play at JP prime time.

I recall the meta in PSO GC mostly being Fonewearls spamming Rabarta and similar stuff and i think there was a megid build?

I think Rangers with Snow Queen were also quite popular for a time

It´s been over a decade though, so i may not fully remember all types.