Invasion During Quests. Invading Other Players. As A False Spawn Recruit.

@Golden_Syrup Do remember that most expeditions and arks quest areas are semi public and allow 12 people regardless of their party status. As far as I understand, these areas are not hosted by any player but by the server itself (will need a confirmation or a correction to this part, though). Unleashing pvp in those areas, in my opinion, wouldn't be healthy for a certain group of players, and that includes me. And considering the various kinds of players with their varying powers and skills, I don't think it would be too fair to trigger a pvp event in such a place. I mean, we know what kinds of players love to be unleashed onto unsuspecting newbie and weaker players. And it has never been a good sight.

Which is why I'd stick to the pvp enabled and pvp disabled area idea. PSO2 can do this through assigning blocks people can willingly go to. That way you weed out anyone simply wanting to stick to pve. More on a game that has been historically a story pve focused franchise.

@Golden_Syrup No, you told him not to have party members, and it's pretty much the core focus of this game to form parties, and clear areas together. You are being pretty selfish and entitled here. I don't want PvP in PvE areas myself, and yet still want traveling companions. You aren't even remotely trying to make this work for all players to be content, as there are no reasonable ways to avoid your want for invaders, and still be able to enjoy the game as if it never changed, especially when it's passively active. The only reason you want it to be forced active, and not something a player can manually choose via a toggle system, is because you already know that there a number of players that wouldn't want to even bother with that.

The number of players that you could actively invade would be limited to players focused on PvP, and thus it wouldn't be as fun for you to go in, and grief other players, because let's be honest here, that's what you want. That's why I don't play Dark Souls, because the players that invade are toxic, and ruin the fun for me.

@Golden_Syrup PSO2 is not hub hosted, all players are connected to a server that handles all that and put players in blocks in the same place so the "way" you want this to work will just force everyone into pvp regardless if they want this or not just making your idea even worse, this game is not a Souls game that wants you to not relax at any moment so no one should force pvp at all

@Anarchy-Marine This is a surprise Pvp much more exciting.

@Golden_Syrup said in Invasion During Quests. Invading Other Players. As A False Spawn Recruit.:

@Anarchy-Marine This is a surprise Pvp much more exciting.

There is nothing exciting about having PVP forced onto you in a PVE game. PVP and PVE are separate game modes in MMOS for a reason. Stop and truly think for a moment if the gameplay aspects you're suggesting actually fit within Phantasy Star Online 2.

A game which: may I remind you, is about a space faring organization dedicated to finding and defeating Falspawn and whatever other mess the Photoners left behind.

Where you party up with players and fight hordes of enemies to collect Drops, Meseta and EXP so you can become stronger and/or fuel your crippling fashion addiction.

@Thedovahmon pso2 and dark sools are action Rpgs

@Golden_Syrup 2 very, VERY different action RPGs. Just because both Mario and Sonic are 2d platformers doesn't mean Mario should get Loops built into the environment or Sonic should get mushrooms that make him bigger. Dark Souls and PSO2 are incredibly different gameplay and tone wise. Something that worked in one game wouldn't work in another, so saying that just because both are action RPGs means a feature from one game should be placed in another is a nonsensical and weak argument. If you want to become the bad guy and fight other players, just go and play Dark Souls.

@Golden_Syrup Action RPG is a genre not every single game from this genre is like Dark Souls so stop trying to justify your idea because is just going worse

@Golden_Syrup said in Invasion During Quests. Invading Other Players. As A False Spawn Recruit.:

@Thedovahmon pso2 and dark sools are action Rpgs

PSO2 is not Dark Souls for that you have games like Code Vein, or Hellpoint. There are already copies of all kinds resembling Dark Souls. So please do not turn a game into a vulgar copy of a game with gameplay already reviewed in loop please.😑

From what I see of OP's requests, he does seem to want to play "PSO Souls" or something like that. As an oddity, I feel PSO1 had something that felt a bit like Souls games. The slow character movements and attacks made players strategize a lot more about when and from where to attack. Dying on the initial versions meant dropping weapon and money, which you'd then had go to get. On the other hand, insta mates and super fast techs made some content and all of that strategy stuff a bit useless, since you could pop back to full HP on a whim without much effort. You could also pop more than one scape, if I remember, though you were limited to carry like 10 or those still.

Still, I can imagine PSO1 combat with it's limitations and the limitations on PSO2, like no reverser tech, a single scape use, mates with drink animation, and having to charge your techs. Doubt many would have liked to play that way.

Games are meant to be different, if they're all the same what's the point? You like a mechanic from one game, just play that. Not every game of a similar genre should share that mechanic, if every battle royale game had Fortnite's building mechanic copy and pasted they and Fortnite would lose their identity.

I say, enjoy PSO2 for what it is and what it provides, and if there's something you want to experience not provided by PSO2, just find a game that has that.

@Thedovahmon said in Invasion During Quests. Invading Other Players. As A False Spawn Recruit.:

Games are meant to be different, if they're all the same what's the point? You like a mechanic from one game, just play that. Not every game of a similar genre should share that mechanic, if every battle royale game had Fortnite's building mechanic copy and pasted they and Fortnite would lose their identity.

I say, enjoy PSO2 for what it is and what it provides, and if there's something you want to experience not provided by PSO2, just find a game that has that.

gotta say that building is why I don't like Fortnite, meanwhile building Fallout style in Fallout 76's BR is amazing.

I do not support this idea. If it happened during actual missions against actual players we would run into ptw pvp which kills games.

@Moei Excuse my ignorance, but what's "ptw pvp"?

@Thedovahmon revolutionise your backward views. Ps02 needs forward views for it to be be a better game. Offer Variety.