will this run on steam or microsoft store?

i hope steam because of quality of life. but my gut is telling me microsoft because of the crossplay 😞

There are already plans for Steam

Steam will be coming, but Microsoft Store for Windows 10 is planned to release first, when it comes to the PC release..

I would guess Steam will be around 3 months after Windows version, if it doesn't get scrapped along the way.

Not sure if anything could make it "get scrapped", but the possibility always exists until officially stated otherwise.

All we have to go by was an earlier leak that happened prior to Closed Beta which made mention of a MS Store and Steam release.

I wouldn't use the cross-platform as evidence of it not coming to Steam also... Halo Master Chief Collection uses a Microsoft login for Xbox Live. That said, Halo doesn't support cross-platform multiplayer but this method of using a Microsoft login is however similar to how Minecraft on Switch or Mobile does cross-platform.

I understand the exclusivity thing and all, it was an unavoidable thing with how the current gaming climate is with anything new that is coming out or being relaunched in a new region. I just really hope, that for the health of the game overall, that they keep this exclusivity to a very brief period. The long it takes to come to PC, which lets be brutally honest is the larger core audience for the game most likely, the more potential that the excitement and anticipation for the game could sour for some which might hurt the games numbers down the line. For MMOs those opening numbers can be critical cause that gets word of mouth out for the game, which for a F2P title, is even more important as a means to bring in new players.

Also want to vent a little on the people that keep bringing up that PC has been tested for a long time on the JP server. That is only halfway correct, if it was just on PC, then yes, but you have to take into account that the NA servers will be on a completely different server infrastructure, so bringing PC into the beta would be smart as a way to test the crossplay, since that is a completely new system, its not like they just copied what JP had set and just swapped out what servers it accesses. So having PC in the betas would have been a good idea to keep if from Xbox players getting settled into the game and then an untested system of connections get dropped into the game and cause issues for the game.

Sorry for the wordy post.

TLDR: The faster it comes to PC , the healthier it is for the game in the long run.

I think people complaining about exclusivity are not either thinking and or maybe just moaning that they can't play at the soonest point in time...

The reason I say this is because there never has been an exclusive deal done with Xbox The deal was struck with Microsoft that encompasses the whole of there LIVE service from console to PC..

THE GAME RELEASES IN SPRING!!! This is a beta The PC version will no doubt be ready as they don't need to test the game on it they know it works its worked for 8 years on the PC already..

So all need to just chill I am sure everything will be delivered as promised in Spring 2020.... 🙂

@SEEDY i just hope we get the same rewards on pc that xbox players are getting for playing the beta. bundle wise im sure they will let us buy because$$

I mean people are jumping the gun . PC could still make it into the open beta . it probably would be near the end . As people have said pc probably would be the biggest community on pso2 so they may bring them in near the end for like a stress test or something to make sure their servers can cope with the amount of people . After all you wouldn’t want to put a game into full release then find out the servers cannot handle the amount of people .

As there is no end date announced on beta or has there been any date announced for pc who knows what will happen. It still very early days for the beta

@RagnarokSlayer said in will this run on steam or microsoft store?:

After all you wouldn’t want to put a game into full release then find out the servers cannot handle the amount of people .

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn:

alt text

@oscargg I'm pretty positive they will release stuff for the PC maybe even something that console didnt get to balance out what PC players missed out on for not having closed beta gifts. Trust me also as a player from UK I'm also losing out on some things as I can't claim the ultimate game pass perks so I know it's not ideal but the situation is as it is.

Eitherway I hope everyone is safe and well in these difficult times and big thanks the the GM's they are doing a great job. 😎👍

I'm hoping pc takes all the time it needs. I see what I assume are bots trying to sell mesta. Dont ever remember seeing that on jp side. And that's just xbox lord knows it will be worse on pc plus I'm sure they are working out something for a cheat system for anyone that tries to hack the game.

@Meta77 said in will this run on steam or microsoft store?:

I'm hoping pc takes all the time it needs. I see what I assume are bots trying to sell mesta. Dont ever remember seeing that on jp side. And that's just xbox lord knows it will be worse on pc plus I'm sure they are working out something for a cheat system for anyone that tries to hack the game.

The JP version uses GameGuard, which is notorious for hurting users more than it hurts bots.

@coldreactive said in will this run on steam or microsoft store?:

@Meta77 said in will this run on steam or microsoft store?:

The JP version uses GameGuard, which is notorious for hurting users more than it hurts bots.

Windows 10 version of Phantasy Star Online 2 might use Windows 10 built-in Trueplay which will disable anything that might seem out of place in the system level. So running cheat engine and what not might not work.

@AlexOak I hope they use more than true play.

That didn't stop State of Decay mods.

Or externals in Sea of Thieves.