Pro guide to save up meseta and SG!

@Milk You say that...and yet I'm sitting at 3K SG right now.

I guess nothing's really popped out at me that I've felt that I absolutely must have. I'm still crossing my fingers that Episode 5 will bring along some kind of archer gear for my Braver.

I'd share some tips about how to make a lot of meseta and SG very very fast, and within the bounds of the game, but I'm afraid that they'd likely remove the things that allow it.

What are you guys doing to complete multiple SG outfits a day? Feels like it takes me forever to complete just one.

@Furious said in Pro guide to save up meseta and SG!:

What are you guys doing to complete multiple SG outfits a day? Feels like it takes me forever to complete just one.

It takes 22 hours to fill the bar. Characters being offline still count towards this.

If you have 20 characters and care to do this on all of them daily you can get 200SG per day as the highest example.

@Blade-Syphon said in Pro guide to save up meseta and SG!:

@Milk You say that...and yet I'm sitting at 3K SG right now.

I guess nothing's really popped out at me that I've felt that I absolutely must have. I'm still crossing my fingers that Episode 5 will bring along some kind of archer gear for my Braver.

tbf, Milk was only talking about emotes (since even casts can use those), which are mostly just large meseta sinks and hardly ever cost SG (since FF only has them rarely), so having 3K SG doesn't really refute the point. If I cared more about emotes I'd definitely have a lot less meseta than I do now.

@Vashzaron said in Pro guide to save up meseta and SG!:

It takes 22 hours to fill the bar. Characters being offline still count towards this.

If you have 20 characters and care to do this on all of them daily you can get 200SG per day as the highest example.

Holy crapbaskets, I thought it was experience based, not time based!

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING.

@Blade-Syphon

Oh Iā€™m an emote addict. I had to have Vocal Performance, Float, Have a Seat, Sortie, Awakening and all the Persona dances so far, plus I main a Newman girl so all the pretty clothes as well.

Your savings is impressive!

To be fair though, it's not like you have to fashion just because it exists.

I mainly play male CAST as well, but even on those I don't really do fashion because I pick 1 signature look and stick with it forever. I have a male deuman and female newman too, but same story: Pick a look I really like and only change if I feel like there's something "better" that comes along, which is basically always never.

I tried to play the fashion merry-go-round on my fleshie but I always found it disappointing, I just go back to classic looks eventually and I just wasted meseta, realising I didn't actually prefer that new outfit.

Playing a male character in general saves a lot of meseta. Most people playing girls want to be the cutest or the most fashionable (which imo most fail at lmao), so they spend, spend, spend. As a dude, your options tend to be more limited, especially if you're set on a certain style. And if you're a male CAST, forget about it. There's too many outfits that are CAST incompatible.

What saves the most SG for me is when FFS goes down lol I like the two week recycle method we're getting this month though, since it tends to be stuff I already have so I'm set. Too bad I sink it all into the SG scratch.

@ApollosAmour said in Pro guide to save up meseta and SG!:

Most people playing girls want to be the cutest or the most fashionable (which imo most fail at lmao), so they spend, spend, spend.

I fall into the weird category of playing a female and not wanting to look like either of those things. 20200906220512_1.jpg

Screw your cute waifus, I want a chick that looks like she can kick butt.

Yes, this was a shameless plug. I'm proud of my crown and my demonic-ish knight look. šŸ˜›

@Furious Nice, haha. It's good to see something different for a change.

Playing a male character in general saves a lot of meseta. Most people playing girls want to be the cutest or the most fashionable (which imo most fail at lmao), so they spend, spend, spend. As a dude, your options tend to be more limited, especially if you're set on a certain style. And if you're a male CAST, forget about it. There's too many outfits that are CAST incompatible.

The funny thing is in some ways I am finding the opposite to this. Admittedly I'm like Matt above in not needing a huge storage-consuming virtual wardrobe, and no matter their selection all characters get the same number of fashion slots to fill. Three layered wear and a hairstyle (or four parts), four accessory slots, and so on. To me all anyone truly needs to do is figure out their personal best-in-slot for those and aim (or wait) for those. The rest is emotes which are the same for all character types, and optional outfit variants.

In some ways CAST players I know actually have it worse: There are fewer CAST parts, and while there are fewer CAST players too, it is still a greater proportion than the number of parts available. Maybe that's a difference in player preference between JP and Global. But it means popular CAST parts are individually worth a lot and if that's someone's BIS they're going to be paying way more for their primary outfit than I for instance did (accessories notwithstanding).

What saves the most SG for me is when FFS goes down lol I like the two week recycle method we're getting this month though, since it tends to be stuff I already have so I'm set. Too bad I sink it all into the SG scratch.

Same and same lol. The SG spend relief of the recent two-week Fresh Finds outage was a benefit I felt people didn't enjoy half as much as they really should have.

I also like the two-week repeat we've seemingly got going on this time, partly because it means thirteen days of guaranteed no spend and not even having to really look at the options, and one day of being able to buy something I chose not to get on its first appearance but have reconsidered since and probably will get if it comes back.

And yeah, the SG scratch has been murdering me with poor luck. To think if I'd had anything remotely likely I'd be looking at 25 more scratches between now and March, and if I'd had anything remotely lucky I'd have been done 15+ scratches ago, but now I'm potentially looking at up to 65 more scratches in that time. That's an up to 6,400 SG difference! If they ever do bring back pre-PC SG scratch sales or Fresh Finds content, I'm seriously going to struggle because of that.

All I'll say is, I still cannot praise enough their acceptance of the community's request to extend and overlap the SG scratch sets to 26 weeks.

Most people playing girls want to be the cutest or the most fashionable (which imo most fail at lmao), so they spend, spend, spend.

I fall into the weird category of playing a female and not wanting to look like either of those things. 20200906220512_1.jpg

Screw your cute waifus, I want a chick that looks like she can kick butt.

Yes, this was a shameless plug. I'm proud of my crown and my demonic-ish knight look. šŸ˜›

Nice cute demon waifu. I'd say it needs some slider tweaks but, eh, it's a matter of experience.

Or you could play as a shota. You're only reliant on short hair, anything baggy but not thicc and whatever's on FF anyway. You can save both SG and Meseta.

@Miraglyth said in Pro guide to save up meseta and SG!:

In some ways CAST players I know actually have it worse: There are fewer CAST parts, and while there are fewer CAST players too, it is still a greater proportion than the number of parts available. Maybe that's a difference in player preference between JP and Global. But it means popular CAST parts are individually worth a lot and if that's someone's BIS they're going to be paying way more for their primary outfit than I for instance did (accessories notwithstanding).

Yeah... the deal with CASTS is that most don't consider parts to be like clothes- they consider a specific set of parts to be a core part of their character's design. Being "forced" to substitute a less-desired part in place of their preferred part is the equivalent of having to use a default face variant on a Phaleg character- There's just a core piece missing, no matter how you look at it.

That fact is why I've been pushing so hard for mission pass revivals/being able to obtain past seasons' items in the suggestions forums... because nearly half of all released cast parts are from retired mission pass seasons, and that isn't cool. Especially when they're untradeable, and therefore unobtainable.