If you see a party beacon in UQs, make sure you join

I think the main thing that people are getting kicked from parties is that people do not know how the party system works.

Example thread awhile ago https://forum.pso2.com/topic/6292/leaders-kicking-before-you-can-loot

Played JP since 2013, never been kicked once, but in less than 2 months on global servers - it happened to me. Rare as it may be, I say it is happening enough to turn people off from partying.

I prefer to avoid multi-run party joins such as Magatsu or Yamato due to people hitting the quest again before I can finish getting my loot without even asking.

The fact that people rage their faces off if you don't join their party is exactly why I won't join their parties. After a scroll that 40% boost is really only 10% anyway, who cares? Is this your life? The irony is when they report you for not joining their party lmfao and somehow that makes YOU toxic instead of them.

You can't kick or reset the instance of someone who isn't in a party, that there is all the reason anyone needs to not join one.

If I run a Pug group I don't usually sweat if they don't join the party beacon. If I can't find a group before hand then it's the chances I have to live with pugging a UQ.

OP are you in Ship 1? Plz answer so i can preemptively bl you lol

I'm confused what this accomplishes. The people you are blocking likely weren't going to chat with you any way lol.

This thread makes no sense.

In a game where there are no penalties for joining parties, aside from "loss of bonuses" and on top of the fact that people solo MPA content and generally solo the game by themselves. There's really nothing about this game that forces or punishes you for playing by yourself. If a person doesn't join a party, that's their decision to forgo any bonuses they would otherwise have. People have the reasons one way or another to avoid making their game life a little easier for them.

And honestly, that's fine. No one should actually be shamed or punished by their peers. Singular or collective otherwise.

I understand OPs frustration as it is a legitimate grievance, but it's not one that validates him constantly down playing a small handful of the legitimate reasons as to why people avoid party interactions. It just shows a lack of empathy and echos "Fuck ya'll, I want mine" energy which is pretty ass lol.

Regardless of how large/small the rate of being screwed over by party leader is, it's still valid and no one should be forced or pressured into taking that risk just to sate your own desires. If you want to ensure that everyone is in parties, especially yours, you need to take the initiative and create private MPAs with a group/circle of players who want the same thing and stop trying to bully random PUGers into adhering into your personal standards.

I'd also like to add that (as someone who's has been playing since 2012.) blacklisting players does not stop them from being in your MPAs. It simply prevents them from joining your party, prevents you from seeing their messages, and prevents them from seeing your shop. They can still be in your MPA, your alliance, and blacklisting players in your party doesn't even remove them from party either. So trying to black list random players in order to "filter" your MPAs is a fruitless endeavor. This I can personally confirm (´・ω・`)

The bonuses while useful, matter less and less to those who are far enough in end game, meaning that it's not that imperative for everyone to join a party all the time. The game may encourage online group play, but not so fiercely that this whole notation is that necessary.

Probably best to take matters into your own hands and simply avoid situations where your grievances are likely to come to pass. It's no one's responsibility but your own to address this really.

@GHNeko said in If you see a party beacon in UQs, make sure you join:

The bonuses while useful, matter less and less to those who are far enough in end game, meaning that it's not that imperative for everyone to join a party all the time. The game may encourage online group play, but not so fiercely that this whole notation is that necessary.

I agree with this 100%. Let me add that after many and many urgent quests without a single 12* drop (let alone 13* or 14*) with or without a party buff (on top of 250+100 and so on), I don't care about giving up party buff over the risk of losing whole loot.

I don't get angry at people who don't join parties, so much as I'm just confused. The only time I've ever gotten booted prematurely because I joined a group was during ultimates, where it didn't really matter anyway and was just an honest mistake (probably) from the leader. But UQs don't do the same thing unless the leader's specifically trolling you, or doesn't wait during a multi-run UQ.

Does it really happen so often to some people that they'd rather not risk a single non-loot run vs having a triboost +40% in all their other runs? If you're running +250% RDR and +50% triboost all the time, you'd need to be booted from like 1/10th of your UQ parties to actually have it be beneficial to never join a party. That seems like an awful lot to me.

Do the people getting booted not dump their extra inventory to storage before UQs? When I enter an UQ my inventory's usually around 22/60 and I fill up + need to dump some items to storage before I can pick them all up sometimes, but it's still really quick to do so and I've never had a leader boot me or retry before I had a chance to actually loot everything.

It's probably worth mentioning too that literally everything I do in game is PUGs, because the alliance of buds I'm in don't really play anymore, so it's not just a case of me not running with the general public. Just strange to me.

I do think that focusing on the frequency ignores the odd person who has this happen to them personally more times than on average for everyone else. I also think it downplays the lived experience of people who have had this happen to them, even if its once within a year long period.

Not that I agree with the reason personally, despite the fact I've had quests restarted on my prematurely multiple times but; regardless of frequency it's a legitimate reason and regardless of how small the odds are, any amount is valid for someone to want to avoid risking it. I think this matters, and trying to turn it into a numbers and statistics game kinda ignores how people personally feel on top of how much they value peace of mind or simply just wanting to avoid trouble. Statistics aren't really the end all for this type of conversation; as odd as it may come off on a personal level; you know what i'm saying my guy?

This also ignores how valuable the party boosts are to some people. Using myself as an example; in JP I basically have a vast majority of the gear I want on top of very much end-game affixes/abilities/whatever. This basically means that for a large amount of MPA content; the extra boosts don't matter much to me because I don't have a strong need for what may drop there.

Combine this with the fact that I have a strong lived history of MPAs where there are frequent party markers are an indicator of a weak MPA as they end up always taking the longest and/or perforn the worst so I've learned to just avoid joining said parties if the EQ(UQ) is something that repeatable (like seasonals). Unfortunately; Doing this has improved my quality of life when running EQs over and over where as constantly sticking to parties that I joined from markers tend to end up with me losing up to 2 out of 3/4/5 potential runs; which is annoying to say the least.

This ends up with me, when I join random MPAs, occasionally playing solo.

Avoiding party markers sometimes nets me more loot from my own experiences, but obviously I can't apply this logic to everyone else because that's not reasonable.

Similarly, applying the lack of issues with frequent party marker joins to others is in the same vein, not really reasonable and using math to try to turn something anecdotal and subjective into something objective is not gonna work in anyone's favor imo.

@GHNeko said in If you see a party beacon in UQs, make sure you join:

Not that I agree with the reason personally, despite the fact I've had quests restarted on my prematurely multiple times but; regardless of frequency it's a legitimate reason and regardless of how small the odds are, any amount is valid for someone to want to avoid risking it. I think this matters, and trying to turn it into a numbers and statistics game kinda ignores how people personally feel on top of how much they value peace of mind or simply just wanting to avoid trouble. Statistics aren't really the end all for this type of conversation; as odd as it may come off on a personal level; you know what i'm saying my guy?

I see what you're saying, but I also just don't agree with that mindset. At the end of the day, rare drops are nothing but a numbers and statistics game. It's a constant gamble you're running over and over for the drops you might want. If someone offers you a gamble with $1 buy-in where you have a 2/3s chance to win $2, if you can do the gamble a ton of times (like you can do UQs), you should take the bet even if it's possible you lose the dollar. Sure, it sucks to feel like you miss out on a whole run every once in a while, and it sucks to lose a bet, but if you're grinding a bunch of UQs it makes more sense to do whatever gets you more drops in the end.

You're free to get less drops if it feels better to never lose a higher-stakes gamble, but just personally it seems strange to me. If you have an issue where you sense you're in a weak MPA in a repeatable UQ, why not just join a party anyway and then bail immediately afterwards instead of sticking with them? It gets you the same result as not joining one (not getting stuck with the weak MPA) but gets you the boost for the run you did anyway.

Honestly dude. Because everyone marches to the beat of their own drum. And that legit goes beyond numbers. People will opt out of mechanics that have no intrinsic downside and only benefit them all the time for their own personal reasons. And they're no worse nor are the reasons not valid.

That's why I said it's more than just numbers. You're not wrong in saying there that if there is a low chance of things going wrong, why not take the risk and opt for all the extra niceties but humans aint robots so it dont play out like that lol.

Like in my example is a decent case of the numbers only being a portion of the story.

Joining a UQ does not cost anything so some people may not have the urgency to max out their rdr. So it's nothing like gambling, there's no buy-in. Some people like the grindy pso experience. In the end its not our place to tell each individual how to play the game.

I wouldn't sweat too much of losing out 10% of .00001 chance of a 14*

@condor said in If you see a party beacon in UQs, make sure you join:

Let me add that after many and many urgent quests without a single 12* drop

some don't drop sigmas bro

@Falz said in If you see a party beacon in UQs, make sure you join:

some don't drop sigmas bro

I know, I'm speaking in general