If you see a party beacon in UQs, make sure you join

This used to more of an annoyance more than anything, but now that UQs are dropping good items, that also have low drop rates, you need every bit of rdr you can get to try and get them to drop, it’s gotten so bad I’ve actually started blacklisting people that refuse to join parties, and I know I’m not the only one. It’s the only option left to me, I can’t remove them from the room, I can’t evem setup the room so you can’t even start the run till everyone is at least in a party.

I want to be clear I’m not talking about the times where you don’t actually have enough time to join, cause someone started the teleport the second they got in, that’s a completely different issue, but when people are literally asking you to join and you are refusing to. At the end of the day everyone is there for the same reason you are, to try and get some rare loot, and you’re not just reducing your chances of getting rares, but everyone else who is unlucky enough to not get a full party. So please be considerate of how your actions are affecting other players.

Sometimes people just feel like entering a UQ alone in those groups of 12. Nothing will ever change that, and attempting to demonize those who do will also not solve the ""problem"".

@SuccubusAlice said in If you see a party beacon in UQs, make sure you join:

Sometimes people just feel like entering a UQ alone in those groups of 12. Nothing will ever change that, and attempting to demonize those who do will also not solve the ""problem"".

This is an online game, and the mechanics of the game are set up that in order to get max rdr you need a full party. I don’t care wether they actually say anything or not, they can treat me like an npc for all I could care. I’m not trying to demonise anything, i’m Just saying what’s happening, if enough people end up blocking them, they will find it hard to even find a 12 man UQ. To be clear I do not enjoy having to block people, this shouldn’t be an issue in the first place and is poor design on SEGA part. But this is the way the game is, and if someone really doesn’t want to play with other people, then why are they playing an online game in the first place, and joining UQs in the first place that are designed around multiple parties working together?

@HarmlessSyan said in If you see a party beacon in UQs, make sure you join:

I think we been here before

https://forum.pso2.com/topic/6126/that-feeling-when-everyone-queues-up-solo-at-an-uq-and-no-one-uses-your-party-beacon

Yeah I know it’s been brought up before, but that was a while ago, and with the new UQs actually dropping good gear now, I feel like it needs to be brought up again. I really do not enjoy blocking people, but when it starts affecting me and other players chances of getting rares, this is mum only other option, and hoping some people actually realise and join up to other people’s parties when their are beacons down

I’m not trying to demonise anything

if enough people end up blocking them, they will find it hard to even find a 12 man UQ.

Again, demonizing them. Almost counts as griefing if you think about it.

if someone really doesn’t want to play with other people, then why are they playing an online game in the first place, and joining UQs in the first place that are designed around multiple parties working together?

Maybe they are stressed out after a long day. Maybe they are someone (based on current UQs) that got disconnected from their actual party for Deus and are doing the run to rejoin the group for the rematch? Maybe they got tired of all the party issues that have arisen with random strangers, such as kicking people at the end loot before they get anything. Honestly, I probably wouldn't party with you either. I either lead my own party or stay in control of how I leave the quest.

@SuccubusAlice said in If you see a party beacon in UQs, make sure you join:

I’m not trying to demonise anything

if enough people end up blocking them, they will find it hard to even find a 12 man UQ.

Again, demonizing them. Almost counts as griefing if you think about it.

if someone really doesn’t want to play with other people, then why are they playing an online game in the first place, and joining UQs in the first place that are designed around multiple parties working together?

Maybe they are stressed out after a long day. Maybe they are someone (based on current UQs) that got disconnected from their actual party for Deus and are doing the run to rejoin the group for the rematch? Maybe they got tired of all the party issues that have arisen with random strangers, such as kicking people at the end loot before they get anything. Honestly, I probably wouldn't party with you either. I either lead my own party or stay in control of how I leave the quest.

Again, that’s not demonising them, that’s what just could end up happening , their is a big difference.

All of that is not a reason not to join other parties, like o said no one expects people to talk or be social or anything really, and it literally takes 2 seconds to click a beacon, once it’s done it makes no difference to your gameplay experience, other than the rdr boost you get. I’ve hosted and been I’m hundreds of parties and I’ve know so many other people and I’ve only ever heard of 1 instance of someone getting booted before they can pick up loot. It suxs if that happens, but you do the same thing that I’m doing you blacklist them.

I personally don't party up with people just because I like doing my own thing. There are others who play the game who prob'ly think the same way as I do. Demanding or guilt tripping people to join up in a party with you or someone else will absolutely make sure that they don't party up with you, specifically. You really don't even need to blacklist those who don't join a party, either, but I feel like you do just to be petty.

I used to party up with people more frequently but... every time I join one, the leader always ends the quest before I can pick up drop.

@Irisundone said in If you see a party beacon in UQs, make sure you join:

I personally don't party up with people just because I like doing my own thing. There are others who play the game who prob'ly think the same way as I do. Demanding or guilt tripping people to join up in a party with you or someone else will absolutely make sure that they don't party up with you, specifically. You really don't even need to blacklist those who don't join a party, either, but I feel like you do just to be petty.

With basically ever other run I’m the game you can do that if you want, but the limited nature of UQs and the low drop rates make it a necessity to have a full party for the rdr. I didn’t design the mechanics of this game, they are what they are, I think it’s a really poorly designed system, but nothing I or anyone no else can do about it. It has nothing to do with being petty, but because their isn’t any other options, their should be filter that you can set up, such has you can only start the run when everyone has a full party, or an option where you can search for only single member parties, so if you don’t want to join other people’s parties, you only get paired with people who want the same thing. I really don’t enjoy blacklisting people, but that is the only option I have to filter out people.

@Leonkh99 said in If you see a party beacon in UQs, make sure you join:

I used to party up with people more frequently but... every time I join one, the leader always ends the quest before I can pick up drop.

Yeah that has been as issue to, and I’ve been on the receiving end of that a few times. All you can do is to let the leader know you need a little more time, most people will be understanding, make sure you’ve got enough space to pick everything up, or just be the leader yourself

@Leonkh99 said in If you see a party beacon in UQs, make sure you join:

The recent batch of UQs have been single-run deals. There shouldn't be any reason for the leader to pull everyone into a new quest unless your run ended up overlapping a rematch timer.

The reason why i mostly don't join to the party in urgent quests is because of high chance to lose all loot if party leader decides randomly kick me out from the party before i can collect the loot and yes it have happened to me that once i lost like 90% of urget quest loot for getting kicked out from the party for no reason.

And many times i have lost some loot when party leader leaves the quest that also takes whole party back to gate area with them or if the urgent quest can be comepleted multiply times the party leader resets the quest few seconds after the urgent quest is completed.

But blacklisting people for not joining to the party is really stupid especially when game does not force you to join the party.

I'll take the tiny rdr loss to avoid the risk of being the butt of someone's cheap joke via kicking you from the quest before the crystal breaks.

I don’t know why people seem to think getting kicked before crystal is a high chance. In 1500 hours not once has it happened, and in all the people I know on this game, I’ve only heard of it happening once. I wont deny this doesn’t happen occasionally but it is a really rare occurrence, and can be solved just by blacklisting the person. Their just isnt that many people who do it, you’ll very quickly have them all blacklisted. If you’re worried about dc, kicking or the leader restarting a mission to quickly, then just be leader yourself, it literally solves all of that, I’ll happily join other people’s parties if it get me to a full party.

I agree it’s insane that I have to blacklist people for not joining parties, but so is building a system around needing a full party to get max rdr, putting the content behind limited time UQs, making the loot unreadable, then giving players no options to filter out the people who don’t want to join up, or allow those players to set up their own rooms.