PSA: Lunar Nyau is appearing

From what I'm hearing, he started showing up yesterday and apparently drops new 13* weapons.

GMs, any new about this? Seems to have come completely out of the blue.

@Miraglyth He's been here for longer than that. Pretty sure it was since the weekly reset. I can personally confirm fighting him before the weekend.

@Miraglyth said in PSA: Lunar Nyau is appearing:

From what I'm hearing, he started showing up yesterday and apparently drops new 13* weapons.

GMs, any new about this? Seems to have come completely out of the blue.

always comes out this time of year, there's not really announcement for nyaus you just kinda know what time they change. it's for the festival on october 1st in Japan.

i haven't played JP for that long, but what kind of augment is it? Lunar Fever and what 13 star gear?

He came with the Sakura Wars lobby.

@AiC-L said in PSA: Lunar Nyau is appearing:

He's been here for longer than that. Pretty sure it was since the weekly reset. I can personally confirm fighting him before the weekend.

I don't mean to criticise, but... you didn't share that?

@Kurumi-Tokisaki said in PSA: Lunar Nyau is appearing:

there's not really announcement for nyaus you just kinda know what time they change.

On the contrary, after Sonic Nyau and Summer Nyau this is the first Nyau form Global has seen whose arrival has not been announced.

How do we "just kinda know"? Information doesn't just magic into our heads. Unless players are told (ideally by announcements) or find out the hard way, we won't know.

@Vashzaron said in PSA: Lunar Nyau is appearing:

He came with the Sakura Wars lobby.

I've heard a couple of speculations, but this one concerns me a bit because the lobby change has only been announced as part of the AC and FUN scratch ticket page and it doesn't even have an end date mentioned.

If it's only here until Episode 5, that means Lunar Nyau will only be around for two weeks and we're almost through one of those already before it was even posted anywhere. That really wouldn't be cool.

He's been here for longer than that. Pretty sure it was since the weekly reset. I can personally confirm fighting him before the weekend.

I don't mean to criticise, but... you didn't share that?

I figured that it was nearing half a week out from the reset, so the lack of a shocked response from the group meant that some info channel had already mentioned the seasonal thing. I guess the others were thinking the same thing. Oops.

If it's only here until Episode 5, that means Lunar Nyau will only be around for two weeks and we're almost through one of those already before it was even posted anywhere. That really wouldn't be cool.

What exactly is the problem with that? It doesnt change anything, or does it? Or are there some Nyau - triggers that you would have used last week?

I mean, if you just play the game you will run into Nyau (or not).... What would an announcment change?

I guess the others were thinking the same thing. Oops.

That's actually pretty understandable, thanks.

@Scerms77 said in PSA: Lunar Nyau is appearing:

What exactly is the problem with that? It doesnt change anything, or does it? [snip] I mean, if you just play the game you will run into Nyau (or not).... What would an announcment change?

I hadn't run into him yet. He's a fairly rare Emergency Code Duel appearance in most quests that among other types exclude the Limited Time and Urgent quests we've been asked to focus on this fortnight. He's only a common or guaranteed appearance in some event quests, and we don't have any of those at the moment.

The problem is as I said in the first post - he has unique drops, duh! All previous seasonal Nyau have had a unique weapon camo, and I understand this one also has unique 13* weapon drops. It kind of sucks if many players don't even know this is in the game, you know?

Yeah i know... But i ask again, what would an announcment about that change? You wouldnt run more often in him because of that. So just play the game and be happy when he appears.

I only noticed it first time last night. Instantly my first question was. Why does this exist and does it drop anything different. Just from learning that there's something unique to be gained here brought my attention to the forefront. The same way Arks day is important for both farming arks fever affixes and their relevant eggs/suits. So unless you see and are made aware of the nyau to some players they are most definitely missing something that is potentially useful if not important to them. (I'm looking at you unique camo). This stuff could probably be sold and found though which is the small saving grace. Still it's something that shoulda been mentioned.

@Nerzarn said in PSA: Lunar Nyau is appearing:

I only noticed it first time last night. Instantly my first question was. Why does this exist and does it drop anything different. Just from learning that there's something unique to be gained here brought my attention to the forefront. The same way Arks day is important for both farming arks fever affixes and their relevant eggs/suits. So unless you see and are made aware of the nyau to some players they are most definitely missing something that is potentially useful if not important to them. (I'm looking at you unique camo). This stuff could probably be sold and found though which is the small saving grace. Still it's something that shoulda been mentioned.

I absolutely agree on that. I understand that to some people (like myself), FOMO is kicking in... But I still dont understand, how an announcement from Sega would raise our chances to get one of these items.

I wouldn't say it raises the drop rate per say. It just allows players to know where to focus their resources for the next week. e.g. today is a great day for premium's to use the premium day boosted rates to increase the odds of obtaining these drops. I think Mira's point is just essentially it being a missed opportunity for players or collectionists if it's not mentioned. Official venues such as the PSO2 site or twitter are more likely to be seen for this info than some random wiki page which you'd need to encounter one to look into it. No matter the angle it doesn't increase rates, just awareness.

@Scerms77 said in PSA: Lunar Nyau is appearing:

Yeah i know... But i ask again, what would an announcment about that change? You wouldnt run more often in him because of that.

Yes we would, and I already explained. The announcements we did get are directing us toward Limited Quests and the Urgent Quests campaign. Moreover the Clear Story Quests campaign ends this fortnight.

We've been running those as a focus if not exclusively because we've only been told about those and the rewards available from them, blissfully unaware that this has been reducing the amount we can run into Lunar Nyau who cannot appear in any of them at all.

If we'd known this form existed, and especially if we know when it'll go away (which we still don't know, as all knowledge of this form is still speculative), some of us would absolutely make more of a conscious effort to hunt for him.

Instantly my first question was. Why does this exist and does it drop anything different. Just from learning that there's something unique to be gained here brought my attention to the forefront. The same way Arks day is important for both farming arks fever affixes and their relevant eggs/suits. So unless you see and are made aware of the nyau to some players they are most definitely missing something that is potentially useful if not important to them. (I'm looking at you unique camo).

It just allows players to know where to focus their resources for the next week.

Bingo. This is exactly the situation. Thank you.

Clear Story quests canpaign ends 9/29!!!And even if not, i can already imagine the "unfair! we didnt get enough time for that campaign AND the Nyau, im missing out, Sega is bad..." thread.... 🙄