Episode 4 lore was honestly pure cringe

@Mattwo7 Yeah, but you see, my problem with "the chosen one" stories is the simple fact that they either do as they are told or they lose. Just be a mindless puppet or something bad happens, which is fine as the reason they are chosen is that they have all those qualities required so they won't question anything they are told. Can't be the "hero" if they actually wanted revenge for instance, so the naive fool of the story will just let the bad guy live and then they turn out to be a good guy/anti hero, as always. It could be different, but just doing the same successful (for some reason) story that everyone did a thousand times before is juuuuuust fine.

My disgust at any form of "the chosen one" is simply how mindless the "hero" is. Not very heroic when someone else could do it just as well, as long as they have those "hero" qualities to just follow blindly an all will be as it has been foreseen.

PSO2 has (had?) convinient time travel, so the "hero" couldn't fail anyway. Just rinse and repeat until xions little pet does their job properly. After the puppet master kicks the bucket , you get yourself from a different timeline to tell you about your "failure". Good thing the multiverse BS is in there too, as the "hero" would have failed even with foreknowledge on their side, as they made a stupid choice. What's the point of wannabe science and some "omniscient" (hah!) things when they all amount to absolutely nothing, as magic and the power of love and friendship saves the day again?

Ugh, i really can't stand it, but this is off topic so we can just leave it here.

@Yggranya said in Episode 4 lore was honestly pure cringe:

@Mattwo7 Yeah, but you see, my problem with "the chosen one" stories is the simple fact that they either do as they are told or they lose. Just be a mindless puppet or something bad happens, which is fine as the reason they are chosen is that they have all those qualities required so they won't question anything they are told. Can't be the "hero" if they actually wanted revenge for instance, so the naive fool of the story will just let the bad guy live and then they turn out to be a good guy/anti hero, as always. It could be different, but just doing the same successful (for some reason) story that everyone did a thousand times before is juuuuuust fine.

My disgust at any form of "the chosen one" is simply how mindless the "hero" is. Not very heroic when someone else could do it just as well, as long as they have those "hero" qualities to just follow blindly an all will be as it has been foreseen.

PSO2 has (had?) convinient time travel, so the "hero" couldn't fail anyway. Just rinse and repeat until xions little pet does their job properly. After the puppet master kicks the bucket , you get yourself from a different timeline to tell you about your "failure". Good thing the multiverse BS is in there too, as the "hero" would have failed even with foreknowledge on their side, as they made a stupid choice. What's the point of wannabe science and some "omniscient" (hah!) things when they all amount to absolutely nothing, as magic and the power of love and friendship saves the day again?

Ugh, i really can't stand it, but this is off topic so we can just leave it here.

This is what happens when you use PSU as a template for a new PS game.