PSA: PSO2JP May Delete Your Data if you Don't Login for a Year

I know these forums are for the Global version but i'm bringing this up since:

• Some players come from the JP version.

• Global's rules tend to follow behind JP's as Sega of Japan runs the servers for both.

Screenshot_20200921-053034_Chrome.jpg

EDIT: So I made a mistake with this in fact not really being a new rule at all... I modified my wording on the post and will keep the thread up as not many are aware of the rule and some people might be a bit more cautious.

I find the header of this topic a bit misleading... The article says that data MAY be deleted, not that it WILL be deleted after a year.

Link to this article: http://pso2.jp/players/support/rule/

As a note... Suspension of account in Article 18 can cause early data deletion. Suspension can be triggered by any of the following:

• Misinformation (False Birth Date, etc.)
  • Inappropriate Conduct
    • Harassment
    • RMT
    • Client Modification / etc.
  • One Year has passed since you logged in.
  • Chargeback / Insufficient Funds / etc.

The United States will likely allow this as long as SEGA has it in their Terms of Service / End-User Lciense Agreement. However the United Kingdom and European Union may not allow it as easily due to Data Retention policies and whatnot. We'll see in the future.

@Leonkh99 said in PSA: PSO2JP Now Deletes Data if you Don't Login for a Year:

I know these forums are for the Global version but i'm bringing this up since:

• Some players come from the JP version.

• Global's rules tend to follow behind JP's as Sega of Japan runs the servers for both.

Anyways... as has been popping up recently with the Japanese playerbase, Sega sneakily added a new rule stating that if you don't login for a year your data will be deleted.

Screenshot_20200921-053034_Chrome.jpg

Don't wanna be that person but this rule is not new since it has been in place for about 2 years now.

As stated, this is actually old news. Also, they clearly state that they will ask permission from the account holder before deleting anything, unless they they do one of the things listed in Article 18 that would get their account suspended, in which case, they don't need to ask permission.

@Ragnawind said in PSA: PSO2JP Now Deletes Data if you Don't Login for a Year:

As stated, this is actually old news. Also, they clearly state that they will ask permission from the account holder before deleting anything, unless they they do one of the things listed in Article 18 that would get their account suspended, in which case, they don't need to ask permission.

Article 18 states that the One year since login is actually justification for account suspension, and thus they don't need permission.

@coldreactive said in PSA: PSO2JP Now Deletes Data if you Don't Login for a Year:

@Ragnawind said in PSA: PSO2JP Now Deletes Data if you Don't Login for a Year:

Article 18 states that the One year since login is actually justification for account suspension, and thus they don't need permission.

The keyword in their terminology is MAY, not WILL. Most MMOs actually have a similar stance on account inactivity, but they normally don't do anything about it unless they need to free up space for new users to register. With PSO2, I don't see that ever needing to happen unless it becomes as mainstream as WoW or FFXIV. Actual data and/or character deletion is also normally only done when transferring data to a new host if it will save on the amount of data they have to use. I don't see SEGA doing that, either, since they are more likely to shut down the game, rather than move data to another company to operate it.