Character acceleration

Is there an option to disable the half-jog to run acceleration?

It seemingly randomly decides to slow me dow, using a keyboard it's worse compared to a controller as "rolling" around the WASD keys makes it seem more likely to just decide I'm not moving in a direction apt to keep my momentum, deciding to slow me down to a relative crawl and making it easier to die.

there isn't a way to disable the half-jog but here is a tip to get the speed back fast, use the evade and right before it ends the animation do a fast jump, when the character lands it will be in full speed, it works with all classes but doesn't work in pvp

@Jamesmor said in Character acceleration:

here is a tip to get the speed back fast, use the evade and right before it ends the animation do a fast jump, when the character lands it will be in full speed

When they take off they'll be at full speed. That's the effect of the free level 10 skill Sidestep Jump, which is not known by the Battle Warrior class in PVP.

Sadly Sidestep Jump isn't as helpful for some classes. The Fo/Te/Su equivalent is Blind Escape which itself is pretty slow. I think using that and jumping is still faster than just walking until the speed gain, but not by as much.

@Miraglyth said in Character acceleration:

The Fo/Te/Su equivalent is Blind Escape which itself is pretty slow

They offset this by allowing them to be completely immune to hitbox collision for attacks. That's really the only upside to it. Dodge Roll / sidestep/etc. can all still be hit while dodging by comparison. (Some boss skills even ignore invulns for them (and Bouncer dodge skills), though this doesn't work on Blind Escape.)

@coldreactive said in Character acceleration:

They offset this by allowing them to be completely immune to hitbox collision for attacks.

I'm aware, but this topic was about quickly reaching maximum movement speed.

Do a dash cancel+jump, but you need the skill from ST for it