The RP Quest Thread

This Thread is both for recruiting purposes as well giving people a bit of a taste of what it's like for RPing aka RolePlaying. I will warn you though: I, personally, have zero experience with how RP works in PSO2 or in general. This is more of an expression of ideas to try out for RPing rather than a real one.
Also, if you want more experience RP players to play with you, I suggest you go look for an Alliance that advertise themselves as this. It's not a way to say that they shouldn't try it, it's just that these ideas it is more of a way to get new people started in RPing so try to keep things as simple as possible.
Another thing is that the only reward that I can think of that doesn't require you to be a premium player to trade items, is participating with the client who post these together with the Quest Trigger. I never used one before but I do noticed that before you start the quest that you can still have more than 12 people play with you in that quest meaning you can still act like it's a traditional Urgent Quest it's just this time, only people who have heard about it can participate in it (or those who are lucky enough to see the quest open at the time). This is basically just, another reason to use them besides the actual good one, which is grinding for items. It is also a reason to use the red and blue backrooms in the Shopping Plaza, which I can only guess a few people barely use for meetings. Okay! Now that I got the gist of the this thread's point, laid out it's time explain how this thread should actually work.

So we got about a week and a half before the story continues and if there's many of us who's actually itching to "play" through a story, well I've just got the idea that might just scratch it. This RP thread is an idea that I have that might be a great way to experience a "story" while waiting for the official one to come out or if you're to unsatisfied with how its story quests are presented. There are two ways to go about it: One is to go play with real RP players and go along with the ideas they have and the other way is what I like to call "A Fanfic Quests." Now don't click off of this thread right now and let me explain how both of these "quests" will work on this thread.

The RP Quest thread is kinda like a player's version of making quests and the Fanfic Quests one is probably the easiest way to do this if one has zero experience in Roleplaying, but would like put their ideas out there give players "certain reasons" why they would do certain missions that are listed there beyond "There's bad thing happening out there, go stop it."

So this is how Fanfic Quests work:
First, put down the title of your Quest and list a short description of what's supposed to happen in there along with the ship number you're in and the reward as well as the time limit. Here's an Example:
Ship-2
Nyau's Training Journey- Nyau goes on training journey with the Draconians in his quest become a hero suggeste by his friend Dragon X, but little does he know that Goron Zran plans to use this as an opportunity to spread his Falspawn influence to his fellow Draconians. Will Nyau notice it and put a stop to his plans?
Reward (Pick one): Participate in one of the Quest Triggers concerning Profound Darkness, Deus Esca, and Yamato
Time Limit: None

Second, you put down the list of missions that your quests take place in (preferably in order of your story's appearance). This is just in case players will use this thread as an idea to do a couple more quests after completing the recommended ones. Also, there's a warning I'd like to add. DO NOT USE Endgame missions for RPs like Ultimate Quests, especially since these quests are supposed to ease people into RPs not stress them out.
So for the Example Quest: Nyau's Training Journey will take place in:
Volcanic Caves Exploration
Floating Continent Exploration
Dragon Alter Exploration
Goran Zran Subjugation

Next is the part where you're fanfic quest will begin. Basically for the beginning of each chapter or setting you will write your story and then place the appropriate mission in the middle of it or before it. This is basically how this Fanfic Quest will go the reader will read through the story and then when its time for the mission to begin, they'll stop reading it and go complete the mission. Or they could just complete the missions and then read the story, how your reader will go about it is up to them after all.
So here's how it will look and since this is an example things will kept simple:
After having his kicked butt by you, the player, Nyau goes to complain about his latest defeat to his friend Dragon X, they bond over their tendency to call out their attacks in battle, in which he suggests that Nyau goes on a training journey with his fellow Draconians. He'll set things up with the bosses at the end of each Exploration Quest to battle Nyau. This is when he either goes alone or calls you the player to go train with you and you'll start your first mission:
Volcanic Caves Exploration (Basically you can either get a Nyau costume and complete those missions, get someone who is dressed up as one and partner with them to do these quests with them, or just simply do them in any way that seems fun to you)

Now here comes the hardest and last part of this Fanfic Quest: how to give out the reward and verify that the person actually did do your quest. Unfortunately I don't have a solid way to do this beside doing some sort of verification quiz where you ask questions based off of your fanfic. So it's up to you to figure out how the person who asked for a reward actually did a quest.
As for me, players can get an actual reward from me for completing the Example Quest but since I'm a free player the reward is going with me to their chosen Quest Trigger with any number of their friends. But to do this they need to PM me in this forum that they did the quest in here and they'll take a minor quiz from it and it should be easy since it's an example even with a trick question. After this, we'll set up a time and place to do the Quest Trigger and then that'll be it. That's how RP Quests are done in the Fanfic style.

Now for Actual RP Quests it should be easy to list it as such but it does have more requirements to engage than with the Fanfic version, in which all the player has to do was read it. So these steps are more about setting it up rather than actually engaging in actual Roleplay since I mentioned that I have no experience with, but actual Roleplayers can fill in the blanks.

The first step is the same as the Fanfic Quest, except for one major difference the Time Limit. Unlike in the game itself where you can do the quest whenever you want, players have to understand that they're dealing with an actual person this time and they need know when you're going to be around and when you're ready. When setting up your time, be sure to put down your time zone such as Atlantic, Pacific, or Central or city time like New York time because not everyone's time is the same, so be sure to be open for time clarifications for anyone trying to set up the quest with you. I would recommend to use the time zone that the PSO2 Urgent Quest Scheduling used to do which is PDT as in Pacific Time in case some people are more used to that. So here's an Example, it's the same one but this time it's more in line with actual Roleplay And unlike the Fanfic I'm not really giving out the reward for this:
Time Limit: September 18, Friday 12:00PM(PDT) - September 20, Sunday 3:00PM(PDT)

Another major difference is which block you're going to have your Actual RP Quest and where you're going to start, since unlike the Fanfic version the player just simply goes through the listed missions, this time they are actually playing with you, so I highly recommend a block with small traffic and then pick either the red or blue back rooms of the shopping Plaza. Of course you can also choose your quarters or your Alliance Quarters (especially since some of the bases have some good back grounds, like the Night City one can be used for a spy like Quest). The point is, you need to choose a meeting place before you start and a block and the place of meeting is a good way to start, like so:
Ship 2: Block 37, Shopping Plaza Red Room

The next requirement you need to add is how you're going to communicate with other players, so you need to decide if you're okay with players only using their keyboards to talk or voice chat or maybe even X-Box. If you don't want one or you're okay with a couple of styles then you need to say so in your quest description. Here's the next example:
Communication: Keyboard and Voice Chat Only

Up next you need to say what kind of RP style you're going for so players who want to play with you know what they're getting into. As a complete noob at this, the only styles I know are ones with a script and DnD (Dungeon and Dragons) style, which I think is how most Roleplay goes in the first place, where there is a script with an end goal but you have freedom of how you go about it. But of course in this case it's more about what you say rather than what you do. Anyway, it's up to you describe how will your roleplay will go for your quest and while I CAN'T stop you from requesting expert Roleplayers since there may be Roleplayers that aren't even in your alliance reading about your quest, I want to remind you that this thread is supposed to help introduce people into Roleplaying or even give new people a chance to try it out even if they're not in an Alliance that specializes in this. So here's an example of how the RP style will be written:
RP Style: Script but with free communication/dialogue change

Now here's the next hard part, since, again, it's up to you to decide, it's when to talk to each other for Roleplay. While I think it might be fun to do so in the middle of the field, you have to be mindful of other players using the area, especially in Exploration Missions. I mean as much as you want to have the whole area to yourself and your friends, only certain missions and areas allow that. I think I can say with certainty that enemies you killed won't respawn in the same spot as long as you're still standing there, but I heavily recommend that you hold RP conversations at dead ends, especially if you're the one that's hosting the quest and is also new. However you can also use telepipes in the middle of the area to have these conversations in the Gateship.
Like I wrote earlier, I'm not an Roleplayer and I assume that most actual Roleplayers do the roleplaying back in the lobby and their quarters, but I'm asking everyone to try something new and different probably hasn't been done in such a way before. So I guess I'm asking you in this part is to have a listing about where you're going to have conversations about the Quest. As another tip, remember you can separate conversations between the area and the rest of the party in the chat tab, which is why you can only see auto chats when you're in a party with someone. Here's the example of how you list the area so the players can mentally prepare:
RP Conversations: Shopping Plaza Red Room, a couple of dead ends in the second area of the missions, in boss rooms before the teleporter.

I think I managed to cover all the bases about what you should do when you prepare to do an actual RP Quest and I'm sure you might be able to fill in the missing information that I might've looked over when you make it. The last one is the reward and it should be much easier in the actual RP Quest since you played along with them so you can give them the reward accordingly with no need for verification. All that's left is to show what an actual RP Quest looks like when you're ready to give one to someone and you need to put in a way to for someone to contact you so you can set up a good time to start the quest with them. Here's what the final version of what an actual RP Quest listing should look like:

Ship-2: Block 37, Shopping Plaza Red Room Contact: Send Me a PM in here.
RP Quest: Nyau's Training Journey- Nyau goes on training journey with the Draconians in his quest become a hero suggeste by his friend Dragon X, but little does he know that Goron Zran plans to use this as an opportunity to spread his Falspawn influence to his fellow Draconians. Will Nyau notice it and put a stop to his plans?
Missions:
Dragon Alter Exploration
Goran Zran Subjugation

Reward (Pick one): Participate in one of the Quest Triggers concerning Profound Darkness, Deus Esca, and Yamato
Time Limit: September 18, Friday 12:00PM(PDT) - September 20, Sunday 3:00PM(PDT)
Communication: Keyboard and Voice Chat Only
RP Style: Script but with free communication/dialogue change
RP Conversations: Shopping Plaza Red Room, a couple of dead ends in the second area of the missions, in boss rooms before the teleporter.

That is how RP Quests are set up and I hope many people who have good stories within the PSO2 series would like to try this out and a way for Roleplayers to get others interested in this kind of playstyle as well as recommend good ones that they might see or enjoy to try to recreate to get beginners accustomed to roleplaying. Now if no one doesn't post within in the next 10 minutes. I might be able to post the example as the first RP quest template to emulate and improve upon and the thread can really start.

Example Quest that can be completed.

Ship-2 Contact: Send Me a PM in here.
Edit: I think I have a wrong understanding of how PMs work here so you can send me an E-Mail in game too. My handle is the same as my name is here since I'm an X-Box user. RP Quest: Nyau's Training Journey- Nyau goes on training journey with the Draconians in his quest become a hero suggeste by his friend Dragon X, but little does he know that Goron Zran plans to use this as an opportunity to spread his Falspawn influence to his fellow Draconians. Will Nyau notice it and put a stop to his plans?
Missions:
Dragon Alter Exploration
Goran Zran Subjugation

Time Limit: When I no longer have those triggers.

Example Chapter 1: After having his kicked butt by you, the player, Nyau goes to complain about his latest defeat to his friend Dragon X, they bond over their tendency to call out their attacks in battle, in which he suggests that Nyau goes on a training journey with his fellow Draconians. He'll set things up with the bosses at the end of each Exploration Quest to battle Nyau. This is when he either goes alone or calls you the player to go train with you and you'll start your first mission: Volcanic Caves Exploration
(Basically you can either get a Nyau costume and complete those missions, get someone who is dressed up as one and partner with them to do these quests with them, or just simply do them in any way that seems fun to you)