Hero Class can use Magic/Techniques? They can use a Talis

@Guilrel Hu/Et is a tank where you will rarely ever get through a stack of Dimates via Automate due to ridiculously high damage reduction, and coming just about 1-ish% stronger than Valiant Stance Hu/Fi, but it cannot use Techs. Hu/Ph can use Techs, and is a better option over Hu/Su (and Hu/Bo, which is weaker than Hu/Su), with some nice utility Skills. but is otherwise unremarkable, falling just about 10-ish% weaker than Valiant Stance Hu/Fi.

@AndrlCh said in Hero Class can use Magic/Techniques? They can use a Talis:

@Guilrel Hu/Et is a tank where you will rarely ever get through a stack of Dimates via Automate due to ridiculously high damage reduction, and coming just about 1-ish% stronger than Valiant Stance Hu/Fi, but it cannot use Techs. Hu/Ph can use Techs, and is a better option over Hu/Su (and Hu/Bo, which is weaker than Hu/Su), with some nice utility Skills. but is otherwise unremarkable, falling just about 10-ish% weaker than Valiant Stance Hu/Fi.

Just to reiterate and understand completely, Hunter/Etolie can never use Techs/Magic at all while Hunter/Phantom can. When those two classes are announced I initially thought about going with Etolie since I've been using Soaring Blades with Bouncer, but even though the class can use wands, you can't use techs with them. While surprisingly Phantom can, because they can use Rods.... strange. But I guess it's a perfect fit since Braver is the class I use instead of Hunter when the beta was out and not progressing through the game's story.

@Guilrel said in Hero Class can use Magic/Techniques? They can use a Talis:

Just to reiterate and understand completely, Hunter/Etolie can never use Techs/Magic at all while Hunter/Phantom can. When those two classes are announced I initially thought about going with Etolie since I've been using Soaring Blades with Bouncer, but even though the class can use wands, you can't use techs with them. While surprisingly Phantom can, because they can use Rods.... strange. But I guess it's a perfect fit since Braver is the class I use instead of Hunter when the beta was out and not progressing through the game's story.

Imagine the Etoile being a Square Enix-inspired class of sorts (the Wand in particular playing like a Drive form from Kingdom Hearts II). Instead of having access to techniques all of your attacks are "magical" in some way but are actually just scaled off of normal damage which completely simplifies their damage formula in general.

When in use as a subclass the Etoile doesn't bring too many new elements to the table outside of Damage Balancer (70% damage reduction) and their support for letting players completely skip the red-ring timing for Perfect Attacks. Everything else they provide is an amalgamation of some sort of the other subclass offerings (Summoner's automatic health regeneration, a variant of the Hunter's Hunter Physique which triggers by standing still instead of using an active skill with a cooldown, a variant of the Fighter's TAJA Bonus that's more loose and forgiving, and a one-time Etoile Will that completely heals you upon taking a fatal hit). It's a very highly consistent class that brings back a lot of "old" playstyles the game used to have so you don't have to adjust your gameplay too much from what you're currently used to.

The Phantom is more of a technique-focused class so you can access techniques regardless of your weapon (like the Hero). The Phantom, however, has innate support for techniques that gives them a very big advantage as a main class such as stealthcasting (when you charge techniques you turn into an "orb" where you are invulnerable). As a subclass the Phantom still grants speedcasting, "sprintcasting" which lets you move at running speeds while charging techniques, and much greater photon point management and recovery.

The Hero remains to be the sort of "all-in-one" class who has access to just about everything and can effectively maintain themselves with very little issues.

The Luster later on will be relatively similar but have very limited access to techniques (they are baked into the moveset) as they can auto-cast Zanverse or Megiverse depending on their health so their use of techniques is automatically applied during combat rather than being a separate casting of any sort.