Hero Class can use Magic/Techniques? They can use a Talis

Given my experience with a Talis in the Battle Arena and with the description from the official site, that does mean they can use magic despite never being able to use a sub class or even be one. I keep hearing stories about its uselessness for sub classing that I was under the impression that it can never use magic so it'll be nothing more than a suped up Hunter. But now I found out it can from the official site itself. Is this really true?

Hero's main gimmick is that it's really good at AoEs and Mobbing. Scion/Successor classes get PAs through leveling / Skill trees. PAs on Scion/Successor classes do not need to be leveled.

Hero CANNOT be chosen as a sub-class. It can ONLY be played as a main class.

Hero CANNOT have a sub-class. (This is the same for all Scion/Successor classes. Unless Luster is different.)

Heroes can use techniques, regardless of the weapon type they are currently wielding.

Heroes can use tech but because they have no subclass and their skill tree doesn't really boost techs - not exactly efficient at them.

Each weapon that Hero can use have 4 class specific PAs that you get at start and a special weapon action for each. Hero and Phantom rely on dodge counters to maximize damage, sure you can play them without dodging but you are missing out on alot of damage.

both Hero and Phantom can use techs, the issue is they are not efficient like Force is with then but you can still use support techs to buff yourself with then

Ok so it was all about how you can't just min max as well properly build the class as strong as you want it to be because of how it refuses the subclass from the sound things it sounds like a better version of a Hunter/Bouncer than a Hunter/Summoner.

One of the main aspects of Hero and all of the future Scion classes is that while they share weapon types with other classes they use them completely differently. Hero Sword or Hero Talis are basically completely new weapons gameplay-wise while reusing existing weapon assets. So don't expect to be using your Hero Talis to be casting techs, they have actual PAs with it instead.

While Hero can cast techs, the only techs you'll really be casting are support techs mainly for yourself (such as Megiverse for healing or quick casting Shifta and Deband to keep the Techter's buffs up on yourself.)

It should also be noted that future Scion classes coming in EP6 CAN be used as a subclass for the older classes, but all of them cannot have a subclass when set as your main class. So when Phantom comes out on EP6 launch you could do something like HU/PH and actually enjoy having high damage modifiers similar to Fighter sub while being able to cast techs too (again mainly support techs tho, there really isnt any viable melee + teching builds outside of wand bonking).

hmm is hero going to be nerfed for NA or are they gonna make hero the same as their jp recently changed hero?

@Jamesmor said in Hero Class can use Magic/Techniques? They can use a Talis:

both Hero and Phantom can use techs, the issue is they are not efficient like Force is with then but you can still use support techs to buff yourself with then

Not quite correct here, Phantom is most played efficiently as a caster class because of all the boosts it gets to techniques. Katana and Rifle are rather poor in comparison.

I'm sort of going to hijack this thread a tiny bit for a question about Hero too. When EP5 first came out and Hero was introduced, you needed to have one strike/range/technique class leveled up to 75 before you could unlock Hero to use. I've noticed that the other scion classes only need two of any class leveled to 75 to be unlocked. I was wondering if Hero is now also like this or will we still need one of each class type to unlock and use it in NA?

@A4Angel The revised unlock conditions apply to all Scion classes, including Hero.

@coldreactive said in Hero Class can use Magic/Techniques? They can use a Talis:

Hero's main gimmick is that it's really good at AoEs and Mobbing. Scion/Successor classes get PAs through leveling / Skill trees. PAs on Scion/Successor classes do not need to be leveled.

Hero CANNOT be chosen as a sub-class. It can ONLY be played as a main class.

Hero CANNOT have a sub-class. (This is the same for all Scion/Successor classes. Unless Luster is different.)

Luster cannot have a subclass too but can be used as a subclass.

@Guilrel Etoile, Luster and Phantom both can be used as a subclass Hero is the only class that can't

@AndrlCh said in Hero Class can use Magic/Techniques? They can use a Talis:

@A4Angel The revised unlock conditions apply to all Scion classes, including Hero.

I was getting kinda worried when I saw that guy's question. I'm glad that two classes being 75 is all that's needed to be hero. I forget which other scion class is a better sub for Hunter, Etolie or Phantom?

Either way, I want to use techs to heal myself and not rely on my items too much. My first time trying out the Ultimate Quest taught me to finish... my "weaker" Hunter/Bouncer class so I can get back to healing myself.

They can use techs but are really bad with them, it's not recommend to really bother, outside of utility spells like megiverse/zanverse. you'll be swinging weapons 99% of the time with hero.