Missing CBT Items

I am not sure exactly what had happened here but I remember redeeming all of my items back at X1 launch. Hadn't played it since until now when a bunch of people wanted to hop on. I synced the account to Steam so I could use it there and noticed 1) All of the CBT items are gone. I should've had the Dreamcast Mag item but it was gone. 2) My second character is not showing up.

In the off chance that I didn't claim my CBT items what are my options? It looks like it might have been limited time-based redemption however I can't find any screenshots or articles indicating that.

Dunno how CBT redemptions worked, but is it possible that you redeemed a code/whatever to enter it into your visiphone and then didn't pick it up? Because afaik things in the visiphone will just disappear after a certain amount of time.

@Akonyl said in Missing CBT Items:

Dunno how CBT redemptions worked, but is it possible that you redeemed a code/whatever to enter it into your visiphone and then didn't pick it up? Because afaik things in the visiphone will just disappear after a certain amount of time.

They are usually timed, yes. It wasn't a code though. We received items for our participation in CBT. There were the base rewards then there were the rewards for completing 1+ unique urgent quests.

Items were distributed to the visiphone, I believe, with a time limit to collect them. If they weren't collected in time they would have disappeared from the visiphone list.

The Photon Halo accessories were ticket items - if a character used those, they are registered to that character. You could use the Fashion menu or the Salon to see if they are on your accessories list.

The Dreamcast mag device changes the appearance of one mag to Dreamcast. It also registers to the character that used it, allowing them to use a Mag Form Change Pass in the future and change any mag into a Dreamcast without needing another evolution device. It is possible you used the device on a mag, and then used a different evolution device on the same mag. In your Mags menu, select Use Form Change Pass - you don't need to own one, just selecting that option should bring a list of your mag's available forms. If Dreamcast is on there, that's where the pass went.

The confusing thing is your second character vanishing. If it wasn't deleted, was your first character levelled up on Steam after the transfer? There's a possibility the transfer didn't work correctly and you instead created a new character. If so your previous characters and CBT rewards would still be limited to the Microsoft Store version of the game.

@Miraglyth said in Missing CBT Items:

Items were distributed to the visiphone, I believe, with a time limit to collect them. If they weren't collected in time they would have disappeared from the visiphone list.

The Photon Halo accessories were ticket items - if a character used those, they are registered to that character. You could use the Fashion menu or the Salon to see if they are on your accessories list.

The Dreamcast mag device changes the appearance of one mag to Dreamcast. It also registers to the character that used it, allowing them to use a Mag Form Change Pass in the future and change any mag into a Dreamcast without needing another evolution device. It is possible you used the device on a mag, and then used a different evolution device on the same mag. In your Mags menu, select Use Form Change Pass - you don't need to own one, just selecting that option should bring a list of your mag's available forms. If Dreamcast is on there, that's where the pass went.

The confusing thing is your second character vanishing. If it wasn't deleted, was your first character levelled up on Steam after the transfer? There's a possibility the transfer didn't work correctly and you instead created a new character. If so your previous characters and CBT rewards would still be limited to the Microsoft Store version of the game.

I created two characters during CB. We weren't sure at the time if it would be limited to a single character or account so I started a second one to get more done just in case.

I also only have a single Mag and I vaguely remember using it but it's a standard Mag with no form. I do have the change pass I believe. I'll check it out. The thing is all of the other items are missing as well. None of the items are here.

It really sounds like you're looking at an entirely new account, to be honest.

Did you go through the account migration process? If you just launched it on Steam and logged in without doing the migration, then Miraglyth is right and it's probably a new account.

@Miraglyth said in Missing CBT Items:

It really sounds like you're looking at an entirely new account, to be honest.

My level 30 is there with a bunch of items so I don't believe that to be the case. Same thing exists on the Microsoft store side.

Curious. So you stopped playing after March when collecting your closed beta rewards, then started the game again from the Microsoft Store version to generate an account link code and used that code on the Steam version and now you don't have your rewards or your second character (which might have been holding them) on either version?

Do you know if the second character was there on the Microsoft Store version before you linked the account?

Might be worth raising a support ticket with as much information as you have to hand, particularly screenshots if you took any back in February/March. The PSO2 community team have publicly said they will not redistribute items that players did not collect from their visiphones before they expired, but if you've had an entire character go missing they ought to look into that.