Please do something about the spamming bots

Title says it all, please do something about the spamming bots. Thanks, bye.

Agreed kinda ridiculous that they keep posting about how they’re “helping” by suspending accounts when they’ll just make more! Ban the country’s they’re making these profiles in!

Would you still be fine with them banning the countries these RMT operate out of if it turned out they were in your country?

@Ukyo-Sonoda JP did it so i’d say it’s probably the same places doing it and if it is a country in NA they may have an even more serious problem at hand!

As a player, I just really want a lobby that is free of RMT spambots.

Why not put in title requirements to the last couple of blocks? Such as:

• completing the story; or
  • completing certain quests (e.g. bonus key quests); or
  • having enhanced a weapon to +35 (actually enhancing it on that account); or
  • having one of the main weapon boost titles etc.

People who don't like it or need to be with a newly joined friend can just play in the lower numbered blocks.

there are no effective methods to get rid of the bots, if you ban their account they make another one in seconds, if you ban the country that is a horrible thing to do they will use VPN system to change the location, if you ban the mac address that is probably the most effective way to annoy the person running the bot he will mask it to use the same machine for a while.

if there's a demand for something they always gonna be there.

@Jamesmor Same response as other post: I've played Guild Wars 2 for 8 years and in game gold buys you A LOT in that game it is the main currency. There was never ever a single bot spam ever in all the time I played this. This is proof there is a way to solve this problem but the powers that be choose not to invest any money to get the people with the know how.

Go play Guild Wars 2 for a little while it's free to play also and tell me how many bots you see spamming, there are millions more players there also and no bots. No excuses.

( OH hay isn't that funny in the forum it doesn't let new posters post twice until they wait 45 seconds, I just found this out.) What a genius idea they could incorporate into the game also, new players with green leaves should not be able to spam x amount of messages in x amount of time.) Anything would help at this point

I think that, the only way they're going to stop is if you completely ban their machines. Hard bans on PC and on console are things that are already implemented with other MMO games and other general online games, too. It's more expensive to go out and get a new machine just to try and scam people with RMT than to just suffer with the hardware ban and leave the game alone.

@Irisundone yeah maybe but they don't even make any real effort to at least ameliorate the issue even slightly like there is no reason why a player should be able to spam the same message 100 times in a minute. That's just like basic coding into almost every online mmo nowadays and they don't even bother to add that to at least make the botters work just a little harder

@Karavel-0 oh yeah you want to compare a game that is always has being free to play to a game that was pay to play and changed for free to play after some years, obviously Guild Wars 2 didn't had to deal with bots when they needed to pay to use the bots so when it became free to play there wasn't any demand for gold, like I said if there's no demand for it the bots won't even show up.

@Irisundone banning the MAC address is not a 100% effective way to deal with the bots because if the user knows how to mask the MAC he will be able to use the machine for a while until the mask holds up

@Karavel-0 Yea, tbh, I'm not really expecting that they go through any actual effort other than just banning them and the users pop back up because the can just make a new account and repeat their scam.

@Jamesmor Yea, that's true. It's not that hard to spoof the get around that, either. It's just more of a pain in the ass. But if people are still dedicated to scamming others, they'll find a way

@Jamesmor Guild wars 2 has been free to play for years now and there is a humongous demand for gold, it's literally the main reason people play and farm stuff is to earn gold for weapon skins and such, the demand is there but people are unable to get far spamming gold selling there, it's unheard of to see any. There is easily over thousands of weapon skins alone in that game nevermind armor and decorations etc

I myself spent entire days almost farming events for gold, I know how it is and you can never have enough

@Irisundone said in Please do something about the spamming bots:

Hard bans on PC and on console are things that are already implemented with other MMO games and other general online games, too.

I have a suspicion that PSO2 isn't set up to send any encrypted data, so it becomes easy to spoof any hardware identification data as well. And then there's also the problem of the legality of collecting data on the hardware that isn't directly required for running the game. It might even be illegal in Japan, maybe? I suspect EU would probably be very strict about this.

But otherwise I would welcome a proper hardware ban as well.

@kztm said in Please do something about the spamming bots:

As a player, I just really want a lobby that is free of RMT spambots.

Why not put in title requirements to the last couple of blocks? Such as:

• completing the story; or
  • completing certain quests (e.g. bonus key quests); or
  • having enhanced a weapon to +35 (actually enhancing it on that account); or
  • having one of the main weapon boost titles etc.

People who don't like it or need to be with a newly joined friend can just play in the lower numbered blocks.

this.... there are tons of ways to get rid of bots but they don't care.

It's the same with the broken lock-on system which can be a pain

It's the same with the broken camera which is not able to keep your character in it's field of view

It's the same with our english translation...... they won't put any work into the game just to improve the experience for the player