Hey keep getting this error

I keep getting "c:\WINDOWS\x86_microsoft.gdiplus_6595b64144ccf1df_1.1.18362.1082_none_1719bd9e5369c895\gdiplus.ddl was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem". Anyone have or had this issue and know how to fix this please respond.

Did you install from MS Store, Steam, or PSO2 Tweaker? If it was from MS Store or the MS Store version from PSO2 Tweaker, check the MS Store for any updates.

@Ragnawind hey I installed it from steam

@Mello-1 said in Hey keep getting this error:

@Ragnawind hey I installed it from steam

Since there's a patch / launcher / updater, DO NOT use the option in Steam "Verify Files" or similar. (Check Files on the PSO2 Launcher is fine. Just don't use it through steam itself.) This will break the game. If you did this, you have to uninstall the game, and delete the game's from the steam commonfiles folder then re-install completely.

@coldreactive yea I have not done that but Spotify is having the same issue as pso2 so I'm guessing it a java issue or something its funny that 2 different applications are having the same thing they both have the same error :/. Tho I uninstalled java and re-added it and still the same issue

Tho my windows is up to date but its windows being... well windows 😕

@Mello-1 said in Hey keep getting this error:

@coldreactive yea I have not done that but Spotify is having the same issue as pso2 so I'm guessing it a java issue or something its funny that 2 different applications are having the same thing they both have the same error :/. Tho I uninstalled java and re-added it and still the same issue

PSO2 doesn't touch Java. I would know, because I have Java installed for Minecraft. With zero issues.

@coldreactive I reinstalled it and still have the same issue 😕

for what I can see is a file in the windows directory and considering is a DDL I believe is something that is missing there, try to reinstall Windows if is 10 you not gonna need to format the disk in order to do that but it will take some hours

@Jamesmor Gunna use PSO tweaker as a last resort

Its a game guard issue

Are you sure this path is correct? You see, I could understand C:\Windows\WinSxS\x86_microsoft.windows.gdiplus_6595b64144ccf1df_1.1.18362.1082_none_1719bd9e5369c895\gdiplus.dll but not what you wrote. What's more, because of how Windows works, nothing should be touching the files under WinSxS, GameGuard should be finding this file under C:\Windows\SysWoW64\gdiplus.dll. Yes, GameGuard does use gdiplus, but GameGuard not finding it shows a Windows problem. The reason why this is a Windows problem is simple, the Windows update process should guarantee that these files exist and place the files in the correct place, if GameGuard isn't finding it then something went wrong with Windows. You should check the health of Windows. You could try restoring the last restore point or check the component store and then check the system files if any problems exist.

@Crescens I did a disk check on boot and its fixed and the game is running