I love techter... or do I?

Having doubts. As people get more and more geared, I've realized that it constantly feels like I'm being hard carried in any content that I'm doing. The damage numbers that other classes put out are absolutely absurd compared to a Techter. Even after I nearly gave myself a coronary trying to figure out affixing and gave myself a buff (albeit a small one. I don't know what I'm doing well enough to go big-!@#$ affixes. That and I'm broke. I burn through meseta like... well, something) my damage only increased marginally. Hooray, I might have maybe possibly shaved a minute off my solo PD time. Maybe. Hard to tell, since I spend so much time trying to fondle Gemini's balls.

"Oh, but you can mob really well!" And so can other classes, while putting out extremely high all around damage in the process. I just did a limited run where I used Zondeel on packs of enemies and the other three people would wipe them out before I could finish the cast animation and attack. What sense does that make? So the one thing I'm good at happens to be something lots of classes are good at?

I'm a glorified buff bot, with the occasional Zanverse thrown in when I'm not being !@#$%-slapped around the map through stunlocks / staggers / knockbacks / knock aways that I can't do anything about other than waiting for Hunter's Physique to come off cooldown, because I don't have PAs with i-frames or any of that nonsense.

I'm having doubts.

I hate it.

Techter has just like Fighter a pretty bad gameplay design but can dish out tons of dmg. Make Sure to get the alternative L ring that lets you swap elements and smash enemies with your basic attack.

Unfortunately the only thing a Techter is good at is grouping and buffing, that's it. Gotta wait for Etoile to get real use of Wands.

well if you are being focused in using techs then yeah Techter does lose to all others in that part, if is with wands some classes do better against mobs but not much compared to how fast Techter can clean the mobs, however in the moment Techter is in a pretty unique situation that can't shine that much only when Episode 6 comes is when Techter will have a big change

@ToF-Wolfenstein said in I love techter... or do I?:

Unfortunately the only thing a Techter is good at is grouping and buffing, that's it. Gotta wait for Etoile to get real use of Wands.

So your answer to Techter problems is wait until I can play something other than Techter.

Ta-da, way to make my point.

@Furious

Pre-Episode 5/6 Techter is a bit of a pain since it lacks Heavy Hammer and the Simple Compound Techs, but luckily those should be coming soon. Additionally, once we get Phantom to use as a sub, Techter's Techs become much faster and smoother. Techter will never really be the top DPS class, but it does get better at breaking out of the "buff bot" niche.

I went with a light build focusing on Swift Ilgrants and Zero Gigrants and occasionally using Zanverse or Ilzan. I rip through mobs like butter.

Could you put down what you're using for weapon, units and skill tree?

@Furious that is pretty much for almost every class in the moment, the classes right now will only shine when the scion classes of episode 6 come to the game

Subclass Techter here, I too occasionally enjoy poking people with my stave for 500 damage at a time.

Force is pretty much my only saving grace in Urgent quest leader-boards.

@Furious said in I love techter... or do I?:

@ToF-Wolfenstein said in I love techter... or do I?:

So your answer to Techter problems is wait until I can play something other than Techter.

Ta-da, way to make my point.

Don't get me wrong. Techter is really strong and i played him a lot. But for now it's just a shit boring class because it is a melee class without a single PA ^^

Episode 5 might bring new compound techs and a PA for Techter. It's around the corner so it might help you. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5kIvPNyNDY&t=322s

Oh boy, a thread to vent about techer... in general? this is christmas.

Techer's skill tree is what's badly designed here. Usually, in other classes, you have skills that boost your base kit and all of them work together to make your class work, techer doesn't have that. Techer is a class that only has one multiplier to its damage, which is the 140% from wand lovers. This thing here only works on wand swings, wand explosions and the step attack. It doesn't work on techs, it doesn't work on heavy hammer, its just works on B O N K. This, on other ps games, would be fine, but this is pso2 and the game has grown into PA hell, causing classes to rely on them to achieve big damage. Rising slash from hunter is almost 3000 potency, meanwhile techer gets 370 potency on its third attack on the string + 350 for the explosion, and those two things scale from different stats so you can't fully optimize!

You could then argue, but techer has techs right? Yep, but where are the tech's damage multiplier? Elemental mastery and elemental precision hit, that's your tech damage multipliers. Force, one of the other tech casting classes, has a 145% passive for tech casting that's unconditional, just learn and use.

Techer is stuck in a limbo of not being great at melee fighting due to the lack of proper PAs and PA friendly multipliers, and not being great at casting techs due to not having a full damage tree.

The whole "it is a support class" really nerfed the class. None of the other classes that have utility or team benefit get this kind of treatment, hell some are even rewarded for it while techer gets nothing. Hunter's war cry gives him pp. Ranger's weak bullet gives him power. Bouncer's critical field gives him crit as well. What does techer get for being a support class? It gets a bad skill tree. Hopefully we get heavy hammer + lavis cannon crest exchange when ep5 drops, I need my gimmicky distractiong from how bad this class has been built.

They should give us Etoile in Episode 5 asap. Finally A use for Double Sabers and Wands ^^ When we can have EP6 Augment Transfer in EP4 there should be no problem adding Etoile in EP5

Urgh, it felt like a chore to level techter to use as sub-class, until I realized I could use Sigma Jetboots lul. But yeah, I've played Bouncer Main/Techter Sub, using only jetboots (pff, soaring blades? In the trash you go! 😛 (no offense)) for over 500 hours at this point. So while I'm not using all the wand stuff and simply use techter for buffs and PP to better cruise around in my Jetboots, and some extra TEC PWR, I love it because of these things lul. Oh and the increased Shifta/Deband duration is something I have a hard time playing without at this point lol.

In short, I love techter, but only to supplement my Jetboots addiction.

@Aishtha said in I love techter... or do I?:

Oh boy, a thread to vent about techer... in general? this is christmas.

Techer's skill tree is what's badly designed here. Usually, in other classes, you have skills that boost your base kit and all of them work together to make your class work, techer doesn't have that. Techer is a class that only has one multiplier to its damage, which is the 140% from wand lovers. This thing here only works on wand swings, wand explosions and the step attack. It doesn't work on techs, it doesn't work on heavy hammer, its just works on B O N K. This, on other ps games, would be fine, but this is pso2 and the game has grown into PA hell, causing classes to rely on them to achieve big damage. Rising slash from hunter is almost 3000 potency, meanwhile techer gets 370 potency on its third attack on the string + 350 for the explosion, and those two things scale from different stats so you can't fully optimize!

You could then argue, but techer has techs right? Yep, but where are the tech's damage multiplier? Elemental mastery and elemental precision hit, that's your tech damage multipliers. Force, one of the other tech casting classes, has a 145% passive for tech casting that's unconditional, just learn and use.

Techer is stuck in a limbo of not being great at melee fighting due to the lack of proper PAs and PA friendly multipliers, and not being great at casting techs due to not having a full damage tree.

The whole "it is a support class" really nerfed the class. None of the other classes that have utility or team benefit get this kind of treatment, hell some are even rewarded for it while techer gets nothing. Hunter's war cry gives him pp. Ranger's weak bullet gives him power. Bouncer's critical field gives him crit as well. What does techer get for being a support class? It gets a bad skill tree. Hopefully we get heavy hammer + lavis cannon crest exchange when ep5 drops, I need my gimmicky distractiong from how bad this class has been built.

😞

So it isn't just me.

Truthfully, the simplicity of the wand smash / support play is what attracts me to the class. I can accept having lower damage than everyone else because of the playstyle, I have no problem with that. Not extra complicated? Doesn't need to do as much damage as the more complicated classes. Easy. But this much? It's extreme. I watched a video of a hunter hitting PD for 600k with some of their hits. 600,000. Meanwhile, I was excited to start seeing 60,000 on some of my swings after I did some affixing. That is such a colossal difference that it is actually depressing, because now that I know there is such a huge difference in damage between me and everyone else I can't help but feel like I'm bringing the group down. I used to think that I was actually accomplishing something, and now I see other players smashing things in a couple of hits, where it takes me noticeably longer to kill the same thing.

For those of you that keep saying "when Etoile / Phantom / etc comes out!", I'm going to ask you to stop. Playing another class isn't a solution to Techter's issues, and in fact only illuminates the problem even more.

I really do love Techter, but it also really needs some work. 😕

@Furious is not playing another class is using a different sub class, if you don't know Phantom and Etoile can be used as sub class and they will change a lot of how the initial classes work.

@Furious

As someone who has played Techter on one of my characters since Episode 3 on the JP server (back in the heyday of Banish Bursting), I can say that the biggest issue Techter has on the Global version is that while every other class is up to par with the most recent skill balance updates, Techter's biggest boosts were never part of those balances, rather they from content that needs to be unlocked. I can tell you that just the addition of the Heavy Hammer PA really fixes Techter's lack of single-target bossing options, and the Simple Fused Tech ReZandia, which is basically a great long-range alternative to Zondeel that actually has good DPS in its own right, makes mobbing in a party so much better; not releasing these from the get-go on Global was a real mistake and disservice to Techter.

And I will argue that Phantom and Etoile, when used as subclasses, are also a solution to some of Techter's issues because one of the biggest issues for most classes is the viability of their subclass and how it dictates play-style.

Te/Ph is basically an upgraded version of Te/Fi that adds a lot of benefits like 50% shorter Tech charge times, being able to move at normal speed while charging Techs, the ability to hit 100% Critical Rate, and being able to get a boost to both MEL-Pwr and TEC-Pwr through the use of a DEX Mag. This allows you to quickly do things like cast Ramegid Zero then almost immediately change your Wand to another element with minimal DPS loss. It is really hard to explain in words how it feels, aside from saying that it just feels like what I believe Techter always should have felt like when treated as a combat class instead of just a support class.

On the flipside, Te/Et is like a bulked up Te/Hu that can actually use attack Techs, with the only downside being that you personally cannot benefit from healing with Resta or Megiverse. It gives you ridiculous damage reduction between Te's Deband Skills and Et's Damage Balancer, and actually has a higher Tech multiplier than Melee multiplier. I would say that this style is more of the support type since it lets be in the middle of combat casting Zanverse, buffs, and heals without having to worry about your own HP too much.