Microsoft's cash-grabbing is scummy, and I won't support it.

@God rn fanning

Lmao

@oscargg said in Microsoft's cash-grabbing is scummy, and I won't support it.:

at this point we need to be glad we are getting PSO in some way , even 8 year later. you will be fine waiting 2-3 weeks more.

@ThEoRy said in Microsoft's cash-grabbing is scummy, and I won't support it.:

What I don't understand is that if it weren't for Microsoft, the game wouldn't be coming West at all. So you should be thanking them, not insulting them. Seriously how old are you?

@StrumerJohn said in PSA: No one cares you're boycotting:

PC will come eventually. It's not the end of the world if you can't play it first. Please stop writing essays in the forums about how angry you are.

I reject this notion. I will never feel happy about a corporation selling me a product, the company wants me as a customer, everything else is fanboyism mental gymnastics.

Look at the announcement history on this official website:

• CBT: Extended 2020-02-09 - Xbox only
  • CBT: How to Obtain Special Rewards 2020-02-07 - Xbox only
  • CBT: Live Concert Schedule 2020-02-07 - Xbox only
  • CBT: All You Need to Know 2020-02-07 - Xbox only
  • CBT: A Look Back 2020-03-11 - Xbox only
  • PSO2: Sonic Collaboration Edition 2020-03-11- preorder cash grab
  • PSO2: Ragol Edition 2020-03-13 - preorder cash grab

PC status - second class citizens, I have to go dig through twitter to find out if PC is still happening "soon" or delayed or what happened.

I understand Microsoft is bankrolling the localization and is pushing to clear old Xbox inventory before new console holiday sales, I however find the insinuations that I have to quietly like said status and not raise my displeasure is ridiculous.

They've said right from E3... XBOX first and then PC later. Get a grip.

Seriously, do not feed the troll, I mean how much more obvious does it have to get with a handle like 'God'?

@God said in Microsoft's cash-grabbing is scummy, and I won't support it.:

Closed beta being limited to xbox is one thing, but if open beta is limited to xbox, too—nah. Unacceptable. I can play anime dress-up in VR. Microsoft, the last good game you made was Halo 2. Stop it. Get some help.

Sega didn't care at all about bringing this game in the West. They cared so little that they didn't even care to tell us that they originally canceled their plans to bring it here. They just left us in the dark for 8 years. If it wasn't for Microsoft seeing that there is a NA playerbase that wants this game, then we would still be in this situation with having to play through the poorly translated in english Japanese version. There is nothing scummy about what Microsoft is doing, this is a really terrible hill to want to die on.

@Havox3 said in Microsoft's cash-grabbing is scummy, and I won't support it.:

@oscargg said in Microsoft's cash-grabbing is scummy, and I won't support it.:

at this point we need to be glad we are getting PSO in some way , even 8 year later. you will be fine waiting 2-3 weeks more.

@ThEoRy said in Microsoft's cash-grabbing is scummy, and I won't support it.:

What I don't understand is that if it weren't for Microsoft, the game wouldn't be coming West at all. So you should be thanking them, not insulting them. Seriously how old are you?

@StrumerJohn said in PSA: No one cares you're boycotting:

PC will come eventually. It's not the end of the world if you can't play it first. Please stop writing essays in the forums about how angry you are.

I reject this notion. I will never feel happy about a corporation selling me a product, the company wants me as a customer, everything else is fanboyism mental gymnastics.

Look at the announcement history on this official website:

• CBT: Extended 2020-02-09 - Xbox only
  • CBT: How to Obtain Special Rewards 2020-02-07 - Xbox only
  • CBT: Live Concert Schedule 2020-02-07 - Xbox only
  • CBT: All You Need to Know 2020-02-07 - Xbox only
  • CBT: A Look Back 2020-03-11 - Xbox only
  • PSO2: Sonic Collaboration Edition 2020-03-11- preorder cash grab
  • PSO2: Ragol Edition 2020-03-13 - preorder cash grab

PC status - second class citizens, I have to go dig through twitter to find out if PC is still happening "soon" or delayed or what happened.

I understand Microsoft is bankrolling the localization and is pushing to clear old Xbox inventory before new console holiday sales, I however find the insinuations that I have to quietly like said status and not raise my displeasure is ridiculous.

My dude, the announcement trailer said PC release was happening. If you miss obvious facts that everyone else knows, then that is on you. The game is free, I don't know where you're getting cash grab from. I have zero intention of spending any money on this, much like how I spent absolutely nothing on the Japanese version for the 8 years i've been playing it.

This Microsuck business is getting out of hand. I think ill wait however many months for steam release. Didnt really want to install any x box junkware anyway....

This is complaining for the sake of complaining, are all the people complaining too dumb to realize that without microsoft-xbox there would be NO PSO2 in the west at all?

Just to set things straight, SEGA of Japan is handling the game not Microsoft... Microsoft threw money at SEGA to get PSO2 to the West and will be hosted on Microsoft servers, that's about it with Microsoft's involvement with the game. On a second note, PC is set to launch in Spring 2020. Given how other Xbox Titles have launched you could speculate that PC launch will be one month after the Xbox Release. As I said that is speculation, but it's always been said that it was Xbox first then PC second, I understand the frustration as I'm normally a PC player not a console player.

@Winsock said in Microsoft's cash-grabbing is scummy, and I won't support it.:

Just to set things straight, SEGA of Japan is handling the game not Microsoft... Microsoft threw money at SEGA to get PSO2 to the West and will be hosted on Microsoft servers, that's about it with Microsoft's involvement with the game. On a second note, PC is set to launch in Spring 2020. Given how other Xbox Titles have launched you could speculate that PC launch will be one month after the Xbox Release. As I said that is speculation, but it's always been said that it was Xbox first then PC second, I understand the frustration as I'm normally a PC player not a console player.

Sega had 8 years to port/release and they didn't do it until microsoft threw piles of money at them so all credit for the release should go to microsoft.

TBH i know that sega also has a part in making it happen but anyone with a brain should realise that if it wasn't because Phil Spencer is a fan and wanted it to happen it would have NEVER happened otherwise.

Troll thread 101 OP has yet to back up opening statement with data. Just a simple "if I have to tell you" Aka minimal effort troll.

Or somebody that read a troll thread and....actually believed it. Ps4 fanboy raging because they didnt get something first. Heaven forbid they have to wait for something. As for PC, it will be here by summer.

@SamuraiCrazy said in Microsoft's cash-grabbing is scummy, and I won't support it.:

As for PC, it will be here by summer.

PC is scheduled for release in Spring!

@SamuraiCrazy said in Microsoft's cash-grabbing is scummy, and I won't support it.:

As for PC, it will be here by summer.

PC is scheduled for release in Spring!

Which means I'm not wrong 😉

@Neosolidus12 said in Microsoft's cash-grabbing is scummy, and I won't support it.:

Sega had 8 years to port/release and they didn't do it until microsoft threw piles of money at them so all credit for the release should go to microsoft.

TBH i know that sega also has a part in making it happen but anyone with a brain should realise that if it wasn't because Phil Spencer is a fan and wanted it to happen it would have NEVER happened otherwise.

Microsoft came out and said they have nothing to do with the development of the game.. Its SEGA of Japan handling the development with a 3rd party handling the Website/Social Media/Forums and tickets.

@SamuraiCrazy If you keep saying "by Summer" it will confuse some people lol