Microsoft's cash-grabbing is scummy, and I won't support it.

Closed beta being limited to xbox is one thing, but if open beta is limited to xbox, too—nah. Unacceptable. I can play anime dress-up in VR. Microsoft, the last good game you made was Halo 2. Stop it. Get some help.

Bye Felicia?

Guess who's misinformed about the entire post? OP

well , to be fair. usually when a game gets a head start like this ,being exclusive even just for beta ,its usually because they supported phantasy star online 2 in some way. at this point we need to be glad we are getting PSO in some way , even 8 year later. you will be fine waiting 2-3 weeks more.

Think of it this way; the "beta" is for testing purposes, hence why it is a beta. The game has already been on PC for 8 years, so there is no need to test it for PC, i.e. no beta. But this is the first time it is ever on XBOX, which means it needs to be tested on it first as a beta before it can safely be launched. Since we are not at the full release yet, we are not getting a PC launch yet, as no testing or beta is needed. And if you are upset about no beta for PC , I'm sorry, but you're waiting like many other PC players which have already waited for 8 years. This is suddenly not Microsoft's fault for delaying it further. If you blame anyone, blame SEGA for taking so long to release it in the West period. But there are reasons as to why there have not released it yet and why it is still in beta.

What I don't understand is that if it weren't for Microsoft, the game wouldn't be coming West at all. So you should be thanking them, not insulting them. Seriously how old are you?

@BlackRadient put it best @God ... the Xbox One version gets a Beta primarily because its a new port that didnt exist before. Several bugs did show up during Closed Beta which needed to be addressed so the Open Beta is once again an actual beta test to make sure things work as intended. Once the Xbox One version is "stable" and finished we may finally see the game launch on PC.

Keeping progress and the Closed Beta rewards was just SEGA's way of generating hype giving players an incentive to even play the Beta. Personally it doesn't matter that Xbox One gets a headstart... the game's level cap had been reduced back to 75 as part of the content gating. By the time the next level cap gets released, PC players would have caught up already most likely.

@God Go play your anime dress up then and get off these forums. No one wants to hear you whine. The community is better without people like you or the other dudes whining about PC/PS/Switch in other threads anyways. Go spread your negatively elsewhere 👋

The open beta is not even here yet and they are giving news almost daily, maybe they will announce it the same Tuesday, they even said that are still planning to release the PC version in summer as well. I don't see the point in insulting the company that finally convinced Sega to bring us this game, let them take their time, we know for sure it's coming.

The thread title is click-bait and the topic body has nothing to do with cash-grabbing. How is it cash-grabbing if the game is free to play and majority of the content is accessible to free plays through a variety of methods? Lots of inconsistency here.

I was playing pso2 on PS4 last year during E3. At first I thought I was tripping because pso2 was playing in the background. Then I realized pso2 is coming to Xbox. Long story short I knew a year I was buying a Xbox for one game.

@AnamanaAU said in Microsoft's cash-grabbing is scummy, and I won't support it.:

The thread title is click-bait and the topic body has nothing to do with cash-grabbing. How is it cash-grabbing if the game is free to play and majority of the content is accessible to free plays through a variety of methods? Lots of inconsistency here.

If I have to explain to you how they are cash-grabbing, then there's no hope for PSO2 or its community. At least wake up and look at the reality of the situation.

@God said in Microsoft's cash-grabbing is scummy, and I won't support it.:

@AnamanaAU said in Microsoft's cash-grabbing is scummy, and I won't support it.:

If I have to explain to you how they are cash-grabbing, then there's no hope for PSO2 or its community. At least wake up and look at the reality of the situation.

This ain't it, chief. This is not an intellectual take.

Stop it. Get some help.

Stop it. Get some help.

The burden of proof is with the accuser. If you could explain why it was a cash grab, you would have done so already. This is just bait.