No psVita version?

Is there any plans for psVita Version, I have used a pc like like 10years, play the jp version on my vita and it was great, and I was on it 24/7 brought it everywhere I went

Sony stopped supporting that in NA like 7 days after they released it and it died here. 😛 That definitely won't be a thing at this point.

The PS Vita is discontinued in the West and no longer supported by Sony.

I think you will need to look forward to the Switch version instead. It is more likely that it will be released there, but not anytime soon.

@Neviel , even that is debatable unfortunately.

We can look forward to the Switch version releasing in North America... if there was a Switch version. What PSO2 has in Japan is not a native Switch port but rather a cloud streamed client similar to Google Stadia and what Capcom had done to get Resident Evil VII on the Switch without needing it to run on actual hardware. The reason for this is the game's ridiculous file size (and maybe also Nintendo's patch requirements which could delay certain patches on all versions).

No other Japanese company is bringing their cloud streamed games to the West due to the infrastructure in the West not being suitable for it so... why would it be any different for SEGA? At best... the PS4 version everyone wants has more chances of making it to North America than a Switch version.

@Leonkh99 oh ok, didn't know about that. Thanks for the info.

It's possible, but I really doubt it.

The Vita no longer being supported by SONY has nothing to do with whether this would happen or not. There are still VITA games being released in the West digitally. It's all up to SEGA if they wanna do it.

Game is still fun on the Vita should update your game. Episode 6 is cool

@SirDoodlesAlot said in No psVita version?:

It's possible, but I really doubt it.

The Vita no longer being supported by SONY has nothing to do with whether this would happen or not. There are still VITA games being released in the West digitally. It's all up to SEGA if they wanna do it.

It is more hassle than its worth to get a game on Vita now, though, and any updates cost a lot more money to have posted than they used to. I doubt they would be interested in all the hassle and having to deal with people whining about space, especially since the 64GB memory cards never officially came West and were expensive to import.

@SirDoodlesAlot said in No psVita version?:

The Vita no longer being supported by SONY has nothing to do with whether this would happen or not.

It kind of does matter if all Vitas are no longer sold on stores and are sold for extra even if they are pre-owned.

Best option is just get PC should XBOX is not your option really. Or just cross fingers that they will do Cloud version for Switch which might not be up for a long time.

@LapisWave I usually have some degree of small hope for many things... PSO2 Cloud is not one of them. For reference, Cloud Gaming the way PSO2 Cloud is done is used frequently in Japan... Resident Evil VII Cloud on Switch, Assassins' Creed Odyssey Cloud on Switch, those cloud-based mobile versions of Final Fantasy XIII. All of these are publishers who, aside from some mess-ups here and there, have better presence in the West and in a sense are bigger than SEGA in said regions. Yet the line is drawn on cloud-streamed versions and for a good reason... unlike Japan where due to a combination of its wireless and network infrastructure and how small the country is, cloud gaming works perfectly 90% of the time there. Cloud streamed games in the West are a huge risk investment-wise and cannot deliver the same level of consistent performance it would be able to do in Japan.

Lol, PS Vita.

Yesterday, it was announced officially that JP server will end their service for PSO2 Vita as of August 2020. This makes the slightest chance of Vita port even smaller. To make it sure, I'm not mocking PS Vita at all. I love Vita and love Vita version PSO2. Just I can't see any realistic possibility of Vita ported to NA.

Or they could port pso2es to NA as well to appease all the PS vita folks...and possibly curb some of the risqué symbol art spam given how the clip art is in that game...

@Someguy503 said in No psVita version?:

Or they could port pso2es to NA as well to appease all the PS vita folks

Mobile/Smartphone = PSVita? 🤔