Read this before buying any Elegant affixes

With a boost week announced for next week, I’ve noticed a spike in elegant affixes prices at least on ship one. Melee ones are now 99mil. Even though we haven’t had any offical word from Sega yet, the previous boost week that we had is when elegant affixes were put in an AC scratch, so their is a good chance that will happen again. I’d highly recommend waiting till next week before buying any elegant affixes, you could save a ton.

I sure hope they do it again. Absolutely no way I'm paying market prices.

A tradition of PSO2, all augment-related items become targets for speculation whenever there's such a boost campaign coming up.

I'm just going to rely on welfare gear until NGS. :3

@kztm said in Read this before buying any Elegant affixes:

A tradition of PSO2, all augment-related items become targets for speculation whenever there's such a boost campaign coming up.

Yeah high end affixing isn’t for everyone, but I’d definitely recommend to at least doing some basic augmenting on your gear, like 100+ attack on each of your weap and unit pieces. That can be done for just over a mil on you weap, and units will be a little more expensive, but it’s going to be well worth doing.

Theirs a reason they’ve been doing campaigns like enhance your weap to +35, and handing rwb3 and now 13* like candy, and giving a detailed guide on how to use the transfer system. Mobs are going to be harder and more importantly tankier. I have no idea what your definition of welfare gear is, but if you’re using 10-11* weaps and units that are un-grinded and un-auged, you’re going to be in for a rough time come ep5

Generally speaking, I refer to gear that are extremely easy to obtain yet comes with reasonably good augments already, as welfare gear.

So for example stuff given to us via titles and badges which are already augmented; specifically Stellar Wall (12* sub units 5s) from titles and Phobos (12* set 6s) for completing EP5 stories. They'll probably only be implemented in EP6, but it's not like EP5 is going to last a year. Weapons Barrier would be the welfare gear for new players at the moment, as they can be worn from after the prologue all the way until maybe buying Brissa off the player shops.

As to weapons, Revolsio+30 would be the current welfare gear. But yeah it's cheap and easy to augment properly even if relying on farmed mats, so there's no reason not to do it.

There's really no reason to use any 10* or 11* gear at level 80 at the moment, unless a new player who haven't had time to even think about gearing. So yeah, I'm not that out of touch with the game. :3

@TEN-SQUARE-3 said in Read this before buying any Elegant affixes:

@kztm said in Read this before buying any Elegant affixes:

Yeah high end affixing isn’t for everyone, but I’d definitely recommend to at least doing some basic augmenting on your gear, like 100+ attack on each of your weap and unit pieces. That can be done for just over a mil on you weap, and units will be a little more expensive, but it’s going to be well worth doing.

Theirs a reason they’ve been doing campaigns like enhance your weap to +35, and handing rwb3 and now 13* like candy, and giving a detailed guide on how to use the transfer system. Mobs are going to be harder and more importantly tankier. I have no idea what your definition of welfare gear is, but if you’re using 10-11* weaps and units that are un-grinded and un-auged, you’re going to be in for a rough time come ep5

Infinite progress against an unwinnable goal is the general model, yes. The point of diminishing returns/attrition/erosion/burnout will be interesting to see develop/flux over time.

I'm content to remain in Episode 4 forever, personally. I'm not very eager to climb back into the Skinner Box from which I only recently exited.

They're going to turn it into a Schrodinger's Skinner Scratch Box, it seems... I won't know if I'm staying or going until I open it up so I reckon we'll see.