A small change to Fresh Finds that I would like to see.

Let's say you see something in Fresh Finds that you think you might want. So you want to preview it right? Well you can't. You don't have enough star Gems to even reach the preview window.

Why is that a thing? Why do I need to buy/earn StarGems just to get a preview of the item? Was this intentional? There's a chance people will buy SG and then reach the preview window only to realize they do not like the way the cosmetic looks and have wasted their money(if they purchased).

This is how it works now. https://streamable.com/x8mjxk

This is how it should work. https://streamable.com/0u5h3z

Please take this into consideration.

EDIT: Just thought of another thing, although it isn't so much an in-game suggestion as it is something that can just be done by the person posting Fresh Finds updates to the website. So idk who's responsible for that. Maybe @GM-Beemo or @GM-Deynger ? At the very least hopefully one of you could pass it along.

So there have been a few times where I find an outfit I like in Fresh Finds and I am hesitant on buying it because I am unsure if the the color variant I want will be an option at some point later. But I only have 1 day to buy it so I feel pressured at the same time. Or the opposite will happen; I will see an outfit I like and buy it only to find out that there is a much better color variant available a few days later. I then feel like I wasted SG.

So what I am proposing is that in the Fresh Finds update on the site, you could list the color variants that will be available as well as the date they will show up. Something like this maybe: alt text

I think this would really help people get the color variant they want without regretting spending SG or holding back on spending because of the possibility of their being a nicer color.

I believe they made changes trying to do this and at least for me- it's very buggy. Mission pass items is a good example of this- you can preview the items on your character but they snap back almost instantly so you can only see it for half a second or so. Obviously this is a bug. Fresh Finds was in the patchnotes to be given a preview but as it is now- it makes you feel like you're about to confirm sale without being able to preview(for all I know you get no preview- I haven't bought anything recently so I wouldn't know).. But I thought maybe it was just me.

It just makes sense for it to work like the latter streamable- I wish it would do so.

I'd like to see this get fixed too. Since it's still fairly new, I'm hoping they can update it to work more like the Scratch, Visiphone, or Mission Pass previews where you see the items regardless. A lot of times I'd like to see what I'm missing out on even if I don't intend on buying it.

Oh also! I just though of another idea. Added it to the original post.

They have this same kind of no preview wackiness with color passes as well and those have existed since forever.

@MoldyAsp33874 said in A small change to Fresh Finds that I would like to see.:

I believe they made changes trying to do this and at least for me- it's very buggy. Mission pass items is a good example of this- you can preview the items on your character but they snap back almost instantly so you can only see it for half a second or so. Obviously this is a bug. Fresh Finds was in the patchnotes to be given a preview but as it is now- it makes you feel like you're about to confirm sale without being able to preview(for all I know you get no preview- I haven't bought anything recently so I wouldn't know).. But I thought maybe it was just me.

It just makes sense for it to work like the latter streamable- I wish it would do so.

The reasoning behind the "snapping" in the mission pass is because it's meant to. It has to allow you to preview all items in a redemption section. You can't preview three items individually, becausey ou have to select a whole section with all three items in it, so they snap between each item's preview.

Yes, I can confirm that this is something that is being looked at (preview even if no star gems are available.) I will also bring up your other suggestion to the team.

@GM-Deynger said in A small change to Fresh Finds that I would like to see.:

Yes, I can confirm that this is something that is being looked at (preview even if no star gems are available.) I will also bring up your other suggestion to the team.

Thank you!

Can we also have a way to view what is in any packages that are in the big windows.