Making cash for High Emote costs

I am a casual player (4 kids) so I don’t get a ton of time to make meseta. How are people affording these high emote costs? I have a hard time making more than 2 mil a week let alone 32-55 mil for a single emote

Good rare drops from quests or battle arena scratches can go for 15+ million. AC scratch pulls can go for 15+ million especially if it is one of those dances. Unwanted campaign rewards and all scratch or campaign items whose distribution has concluded will command a good price as well, especially if the old scratch items have been gone for several months.

The name of the game is Phantasy Star Online 2 making money from stuff you get and don't want, to spend on the stuff you don't get but do want.

For non-premium methods of earning meseta, try this:

Have 3 characters made on one ship, and bring their level to 50 (min). Can make 2 million meseta per character for completing these weekly missions. Yerkis COs can give 600,000 each week per character if you have plenty of those (rare) gathered materials. Check Daily Orders for decent paying orders, like "Suppress: Bar Lodos" (250,000 meseta), and note that you can also do this with each character.

Those are the main methods. If you have Ex-Cubes to burn, can trade them in for FUN points, and can use those to try and scratch for a 3-day Personal Shop pass, where you can put items up in your shop without needing Premium, but those items can be rather rare. Keep in mind that the market changes daily depending on what's being scratched from FUN and AC scratches, what new content is coming, etc.. Best stuff to generally sell would be high slot weapons/units of specific augments. Example: "Quartz Soul" on a 4 slot unit can be a little pricey. It's more of a matter of knowing what augments are worth something, and what aren't. The main rare weapons that are worth selling would be the Slave (Raven), and Nemesis series weapons that drop from Ultimate quests. Of course, it's best having one you want, but for the ones you don't want, can be worth anywhere from 5mil to 30mil meseta. It does require playing a lot of Ult, and a lot of luck to obtain.

If you can find a way to break the player market with augments, rare weapons, or selling old AC items, then you can be making hundreds of millions of meseta easily.

Affixing is probably the best skill you can learn to increase meseta gains.

Beyond that there isn’t a real great way to make consistent money. You can slow burn through multiple accounts weekly/daily missions I guess, but even that isn’t going to net you a lot per week. It’ll get you decent meseta for sure, but it’s going to feel like a second job instead of a game. It also requires a good amount of setup leveling multiple characters up to the 70ish bracket to unlock missions.

Most meseta gains I’ve had in this game have been through inconsistent rare drops, and I’d hazard to guess that’s the story you will get from most people who aren’t whaling the scratch market. PSO2 has an economy that’s much closer to a gig job than a stable 9 to 5. You run UQ’s, Ultimates, and every once in a while when you aren’t expecting it the game gifts you a 20 million + worth rare drop and all of a sudden you feel like the rich boy in town. Then you spend that meseta on whatever stupid passion project you have (hello crafting meseta hole), a scratch item you want, and you return to poverty with the rest of us. That’s how casual PSO2 works.

16 characters, all 52+. I'll copy paste the math i did from a different thread. Back when I only had 8 characters. https://forum.pso2.com/topic/7885/altoholics-i-need-your-opinions/4?_=1600315955380

I've noticed that sometimes Bar Lodos won't appear during the week, which is why I farm for the weeklies. But if my luck is great I'll make: 30,120,000 (31,680,000)

Yerkes + Meseta weekly: 1,600,000x8 for lv 51+ & 800,000x4 for under lv 51 characters = 16,000,000

Bar Lodos: 250,000 (+130,000 for other Bar Lodos, only had both of them drop once) = 2,000,000 (+1,560,000)

10 daily order: 605,000x12 = 7,260,000

Enemy Extermination: 405,000x12 = 4,860,000

And when I have all 20 characters at lv 51+ the total will be: 57,200,000 (59,800,000)

5,000,000 (2,600,000)

So having more characters is definitely worth it. And this, of course, does not include everything I sell in shop.

@Jay6x said in Making cash for High Emote costs:

Have 3 characters made on one ship, and bring their level to 50 (min). Can make 2 million meseta per character for completing these weekly missions. Yerkis COs can give 600,000 each week per character if you have plenty of those (rare) gathered materials. Check Daily Orders for decent paying orders, like "Suppress: Bar Lodos" (250,000 meseta), and note that you can also do this with each character.

If you don't have a whole lot of time to invest in the game, this is probably the best way to get meseta when it comes to in-game time commitment required. Doing Yerkes alone on 3 chars each week will get you 4.8 mil meseta/week (600k for the turn-ins, 1mil for the weekly), and then there's the other 1 mil from the weeklies per char you haven't done yet either. But Yerkes just requires you to gather some items (do fishing spots until you have fever + then switch to harvesting spots, use food corresponding to the item you're trying to get if you want)

It won't be a get-rich-quick scheme and you'll have to spend a while building up a nest egg, but it's a start. The initial time investment to level other chars to 50 minimum for this is worth it. There's a bunch of other things you can do to make money, but as people have said that all takes time (and I don't know exactly how much of that you have with 4 kids).

Also, it helps to just stay on top of news / scratches and keep track of what you think you'll actually want. And then just resign yourself to never getting it if you don't buy it by the time it's out of rotation. Most emotes aren't more than 20mil when they're current, and then slowly creep up into ridiculous prices (quicker for ones that were only released in pre-PC times).

@Akonyl said in Making cash for High Emote costs:

@Jay6x said in Making cash for High Emote costs:

If you don't have a whole lot of time to invest in the game, this is probably the best way to get meseta when it comes to in-game time commitment required. Doing Yerkes alone on 3 chars each week will get you 4.8 mil meseta/week (600k for the turn-ins, 1mil for the weekly), and then there's the other 1 mil from the weeklies per char you haven't done yet either. But Yerkes just requires you to gather some items (do fishing spots until you have fever + then switch to harvesting spots, use food corresponding to the item you're trying to get if you want)

It won't be a get-rich-quick scheme and you'll have to spend a while building up a nest egg, but it's a start. The initial time investment to level other chars to 50 minimum for this is worth it. There's a bunch of other things you can do to make money, but as people have said that all takes time (and I don't know exactly how much of that you have with 4 kids).

Also, it helps to just stay on top of news / scratches and keep track of what you think you'll actually want. And then just resign yourself to never getting it if you don't buy it by the time it's out of rotation. Most emotes aren't more than 20mil when they're current, and then slowly creep up into ridiculous prices (quicker for ones that were only released in pre-PC times).

This is the reasonable way to do it. The issue then is what your grinding meseta vs grinding game ratio is. This sort of plan I would guess takes probably about an hour or so a day after getting to the point where you can do it (assuming you care about getting the daily keys and such at the same time the daily experience will be: boot up char, check daily missions for easy completes, go to exploration, use consumable for mining + drink for daily mission, fish + mine, return and do an easy ARKS mission to complete your dailies, quit out, repeat 2 more times.) and I’d imagine to get the drops you will want to be doing that at least 3-4 times a week. It’s more time than people think it is, but at least it gets you some good stuff.

Otherwise I recommend just finding an alliance that does high level content on a schedule that works for you and rolling with whatever drops you get. Eventually you will get good stuff. Either way it’ll be a grind, and either way you will probably miss out on some of the stuff. Fortunately the game is somewhat kind progression wise to the casual crowd, but the driving force of the economy will always be more whaleish than casual.