instead of Social Media, why not plan ingame Events?

looking at the new road to Episode 5 Event https://pso2.com/news/announcements/r2e5twitterfbgiveaway i'm actually disappointed you guys didn't take the chance to turn this into an actual ingame event like we used to have with Maximum Attack quests in the past.

I get it, everyone is crazy for their social media, but god, this is a social media account for a game, so instead of forcing people to trash their feed with your messages, have them actually play the game and achieve something together ingame.

This game is literally tracking your progress, it couldn't have been too hard to actually hold an event where Slayed Monster numbers in certain quests could've unlocked those item.

Boring. BOOOOOOOOOOORING.

Campaigns like these were never meant to entertain the players. They are designed to exploit the players for free publicity so more people see the game and maybe try the game out.

So one way or another, they are going to force us to do advertising for them.

Just to be clear we do have like three new campaigns in the game that are not announced on the website (yet?) or Twitter. The maintenance troubles have probably kept the PSO2 team from updating those.

I don't think it's really a problem to ask players to raise awareness for the game on social media channels. More importantly, they've set it up as a collective effort with no requirement to participate on any specific channels which is good for those of us that never want to make a bookface account.

i get that.

but in my opinion, holding ingame events to actually make people play the game more is alot healthier for a game. if i'm retweeting their stuff, noone will see this. and those with more friends, will most likely have already told their close friends about the game.

their facebook is dead, this is not gonna change by this.their twitter is being used as the only reliable source for news.

i just don't get it. this shit makes me mad.

this feels like people telling me to log into facebook and play a game to befried them so they can have more farm point. i don't want to fucking do that.

fucking twitter and facebook.

Its most likely also the result of a divide between the Community Team (who manage the Social Media accounts) and Sega of Japan who are the ones who handle the servers, its parameters and content.

While these sort of things would obviously require approval from Sega of Japan, it is perhaps the easiest to carry out and maybe get approved.

Well, the only good thing about it is that you can just not participate but still benefit from the campaign. So while I detest these kind of campaigns, I'm not upset about it.

@ShAdOnIc said in instead of Social Media, why not plan ingame Events?:

if i'm retweeting their stuff, noone will see this.

I think they're asking for likes mostly, but retweets too, and possibly more to pad the metrics on their own tweet. But hey retweets that catch the eye of other people can't hurt.

"Do our marketing for us! Get some scraps!"

Lot of F2P games do this to be fair.

Not on FB or T, so I'm boned for these rewards either way.

@Kodiakmax-101 said in instead of Social Media, why not plan ingame Events?:

Not on FB or T, so I'm boned for these rewards either way.

No you're not. Everyone gets them whether you promote the game or not.

I don’t use social media other than Reddit but I can understand their decision, social media events are pretty common with F2P. The game just isn’t getting enough attention. I didn’t even know global was out yet until the Steam release, nor did my friends. This could be good for the game.

@Milk said in instead of Social Media, why not plan ingame Events?:

I didn’t even know global was out yet until the Steam release

Same here. In fact I didn't even know the Steam release. I saw NGS news somewhere which led me to discover the Steam release, which was when I finally found out there was a NA service going on.

well, the game never had much attention because it came 8 years late and their promotion team didn't exactly work hard on getting it out there in the first place. besides that one trailer we got in 2019, there really wasn't much material to hype on aswell. no amount of social media attention will change that at this point.

that is why, they, and i mean SEGA in general, will work hard on getting NGS out there way before the release on a global scale.

we're past all that hype on pso2, so might aswell make the best out of it while it lasts, not try to grasp on straws here.