Windows 10 Smart Screen.

Does anybody know if it's possible to disable the warning from the Windows 10 smart screen? My Windows 10 64 bits pro is fully updated and I'm playing the Steam NA version of PSO2 and every time I will launch the game I get a warning from the Smart Screen. I know how to fully disable the Smart Screen but that is not something I want to do. Does there is a way to give the PSO2 client permission to be executed without triggering this warning? The game is running fine, with no file issues or anything else.

go to the directory of the game, find the application, open the properties of the aplication and you gonna see a button there that will be written "this file came from another computer and might be blocked to help protect this computer" and a box written unblock, mark the box and apply it after that the smart screen won't appear again when running the application

@Jamesmor I did that on every executable associated with the game that I could find in the Steam folder and none of them gave me this option. Are you using the Steam client too? If yes would you please take some screenshot and show me where to look at? Maybe I'm missing something. Thanks for the help.

@Raijinmeister for smart screen that is the only way to stop it, now if is asking for administrative rights then is a different issue

@Jamesmor no executable in the folders is giving me that option you cited.

Are you using the steam client? Can you take a pic of the app? Or writedown the path to it?

@Raijinmeister if is not appearing that is not because smart screen, smart screen only appears when is a executable that the registers are from a different computer, what you are probably seeing is the window asking to give administrative rights that is not related to the smart screen, if is a window with a yellow bar in it is the one asking for administrative rights, is possible to stop that one from appearing but you gonna need to do some stuff with the user access rights

@Jamesmor said in Windows 10 Smart Screen.:

@Raijinmeister if is not appearing that is not because smart screen, smart screen only appears when is a executable that the registers are from a different computer, what you are probably seeing is the window asking to give administrative rights that is not related to the smart screen, if is a window with a yellow bar in it is the one asking for administrative rights, is possible to stop that one from appearing but you gonna need to do some stuff with the user access rights

Even when I execute the game as an admin the screen pops up.

@Raijinmeister That is expected. The anti cheat portion requires administrative rights to load. The game launcher is set to always ask for administrative rights. So technically, the only way to get rid of this prompt is to make your system insecure, and I mean really insecure.

@Raijinmeister running in the administrator account doesn't give a application the rights to use that level of access so it will always gonna ask, however it's possible to give permanent administrative rights for a application but I'm not gonna put here how to do it, I don't want to be responsible if something goes wrong for that.