Can they not just post the schedule anymore? Google calendar?

Get this shit off of here. Not to mention it doesn’t load anything to the calendar.

Annoying.

I can barely read it, horrible.

Going to quote Jurassic Park on this one. "Just because you could, doesn't mean that you should." Not everyone wants to use a Google doc calendar. Who ever thought this was a good idea because it would make reading the time zones easier, didn't think this through all the way.

It finished loading with nothing on it.

I gotta say this is probably the most bizarre way of handling it. I guess you can probably link it directly to google calendar notifications or something now which might be nice, but just at glance-ability it seems a lot worse. Hopefully it lets them stay on top of announcements more easily so they can post pre-maintenance Tuesday schedules?

Oh if you have a google calendar it tries to merge with your current calendar to make one big mess. It really does not help.

I for one welcome our google calendar overlords! this is great, as I already use it for loads of other games/event tracking ❤ just to counter the negativity a bit 😃

This is definitely not that good of an idea for a calendar. It would be better to just have your own built-in calendar on the website than using that Google Calendar nonsense. My Microsoft calendar looks better than that, also (I mostly just use it on my computer to keep track of when new anime dubs air each week, personally, since they are currently not very consistent. I also add game releases to it so I know when they come out).

I was already using Bumped's NA UQ google calendar, so having an official one is nice. Can't see the reason to not offer both the google calendar and the old spreadsheet option. Maybe a plug-in directly on the site? Honestly, I'll take whatever option actually displays the stuff in my timezone...

Here guys, if you do not know how to use google calender... Hope it helps some of you!! https://i.imgur.com/zZVT0fN.png edit: time's in PDT

I'm cautiously optimistic about this, especially if it's getting the timezone conversions done via Google instead of a third-party timezone conversion service which brings a second possible point of failure with different regions coming out of daylight savings at different times soon.

That said, it's pretty funny that this new format still doesn't include the last Tuesday of the next cycle (the 29th). Unless it gets updated faster than the new website postings, the biggest problem with the update schedules won't be fixed with this.

I am ok with it after I found out in the top right you can change the layout to "schedule"

@MagmaBlaze said in Can they not just post the schedule anymore? Google calendar?:

It finished loading with nothing on it.

Same here. What are we doing wrong?

@Altoh said in Can they not just post the schedule anymore? Google calendar?:

Oh if you have a google calendar it tries to merge with your current calendar to make one big mess. It really does not help.

It doesn't. Do you actually use Google Calendar?

It adds the data as an additional set of calendar which you can turn off (and delete if you choose to) easily at any time.

This is absolutely wonderful. I have the Google Calendar widget on my phone's desktop and it displays like this:

alt text

Now granted when I suggested using Google Clanedar, I wasn't expecting that they remove the old table format. It should have been obvious that Google Calendar isn't something that's universal, so they should have left the old format in as well.

But I'm still amazed at how quickly they're responding to player suggestions. Now if they could just do something about the spambots...