Phaleg is literally the female equivalent to jiren from DBS

-DUMB OP

-BOTH GOT THEIR POWERS THROUGHT YEARS OF INTENSE TRAINING

-DUMB OP

-LITERALLY HAS A RED AURA LIKE JIREN! (well her's has a little tint of orange)

-DUMMY THICC

-OP

-TREATS THE PEOPLE THEY FIGHT LIKE THEIR MERE PLAY TOYS

-SHE CAN PRBOBABLY SOLO HER OWN UNIVERSE IF SHE REALLY FELT LIKE IT

-ONLY WAY THEY CAN BE BEATEN IS BY PLOT AND/OR SHITTY POWER SCALING

alt textalt text

PROVE ME WRONG

SOMEONE ELSE ACTUALLY SAID IT! I swear I thought I was the only one who would ever make the comparison! But you know at least Jiren serves as something super stonk for Goku to fight in the story. This hag is even more useless. Everything she does in the story either didn't need to happen, or could have been done by someone else. Literally more useless than Jiren.

They're both generic and cliche as hell. Well, Phaleg is a bit better than Jiren in that regard.

@Hatsodoom she can probably solo the pso2 universe if she really wanted to, everything is like casual mode to her lmao

I don't even know who that is guy is, I didn't watch DBZ Super.

@Valinda Bascially some very OP dude that treats his enemies like their yamcha level, very calm and collected until end when goku pulls some Op Technique and beats him (PLOT ARMOR IN EFFECT)

@Hatsodoom And fr, she's Wayy too Overpowered in her universe. i'm pretty sure nobody can match that type of power in the game,

she would be really good in some other franchise,

She is the female equivalent of Zenos from Final Fantasy XIV.

@nukeishonzamo said in Phaleg is literally the female equivalent to jiren from DBS:

-WE DON'T KNOW HOW SHE OBTAINED HER POWERS/SAME AS JIREN

I mean this is an interesting choice of troll topi-

@nukeishonzamo said in Phaleg is literally the female equivalent to jiren from DBS:

that treats his enemies like their yamcha level

Oh. You're serious.

Sigh.

Alright, let's nip the bud of any idea that Phaleg copied some random baddie of the week from a generic weekly fighting anime.

A quick look at Wikipedia says the arc (saga?) that introduced Jiren began in February 2017.

Phaleg was shown off in a trailer for a PSO2 JP update on 01 August 2016. Episode 4 itself began in January 2016 and its complete story may have been written in advance.

@coldreactive said in Phaleg is literally the female equivalent to jiren from DBS:

She is the female equivalent of Zenos from Final Fantasy XIV.

While we're doing this, a quick Google says Stormblood released in June 2017. I don't know for sure if Zenos existed prior to that but apparently that's when he became a main character? But basically created around the same time.

(I hope Google won't start thinking I care a jot about DBZ or FFXIV...)

@Miraglyth I didn't say of what time and day characters were created, i'm talking about the similarities of uber overpowered they are for their own perspective universes.

this thread kinda went over your head.

i'm talking about the similarities of uber overpowered they are for their own perspective universes.

this thread kinda went over your head.

The height of this topic was literally

SAME AS JIREN

It's kind of impossible for something this inane to go over anyone's head. 🤷

Let's put what we know here about Phaleg.

She is completely human but still immortal. Similar to Adam. This means she probably lived from the beginning since the advent of Mother's meddling. We don't know when exactly that is but we can say it is as early as ancient egypt since that is the earliest we know magic to be recorded.

She has an obsession with human potential. Both wanting to test it and trusting in it. Thus seeking a reason to train herself.

Training for 2500 years with knowledge of aether/magic seems like a good enough reason to be this strong.

I don’t...

Ok, for real. It’s PSO2. Are we expecting writing better than a mediocre light novel? No. The goal is passable enough for 14 year olds and weebs to stomach and perhaps buy a few cosmetics of. This is coming from a weeb. Phaleg as a character works enough that you don’t hate her enough to pass on the cosmetics, therefore the job is done.

@BronzeAgeBrain said in Phaleg is literally the female equivalent to jiren from DBS:

Ok, for real. It’s PSO2. Are we expecting writing better than a mediocre light novel? No. The goal is passable enough for 14 year olds and weebs to stomach and perhaps buy a few cosmetics of.

This