Multiplayer HP/STAT scale is necesary the game feels to Easy Lv1 to lv70

I remember in PSO GC, going into ultimate at level 80(the unlock level) was the most challenging thing you could ever do, if not suicidal.

Rofl did you really just use WoW dungeons as an example? Until mythic + you just pull everything and aoe it down.

@Ley-Xenocider said in Multiplayer HP/STAT scale is necesary the game feels to Easy Lv1 to lv70:

Rofl did you really just use WoW dungeons as an example? Until mythic + you just pull everything and aoe it down.

In Final Fantasy XIV, which syncs your stats/levels down appropriately for each duty, you STILL do this. So I'm not sure about the OP's reasoning at all. It's almost brain-dead. This is why I'm hoping the stat squish/crunch coming next expansion in FFXIV resolves this, and makes early dungeons semi-difficult once more.

@coldreactive said in Multiplayer HP/STAT scale is necesary the game feels to Easy Lv1 to lv70:

@Ley-Xenocider said in Multiplayer HP/STAT scale is necesary the game feels to Easy Lv1 to lv70:

In Final Fantasy XIV, which syncs your stats/levels down appropriately for each duty, you STILL do this. So I'm not sure about the OP's reasoning at all. It's almost brain-dead. This is why I'm hoping the stat squish/crunch coming next expansion in FFXIV resolves this, and makes early dungeons semi-difficult once more.

If it's anything like WoW's numerous stat squishes, it won't. The idea of a stat squish isn't to make the early game challenging again, it's to reduce the numbers of late game expansions so that you don't end up reaching exponenitally large and stupid numbers. If done properly, XIV's stat squish should work as WoW's did, where the game remains functionally identical to how it is now, just with smaller numbers.

Plus, with Yoshida in charge, you're never going to see challenging dungeons. The man has been very vocal about ensuring that only Savage and Ultimate content is challenging, and all other content in the game is accessible and easily completed by any who just "want to see the story".

@Blade-Syphon said in Multiplayer HP/STAT scale is necesary the game feels to Easy Lv1 to lv70:

Plus, with Yoshida in charge, you're never going to see challenging dungeons. The man has been very vocal about ensuring that only Savage and Ultimate content is challenging, and all other content in the game is accessible and easily completed by any who just "want to see the story".

Which is why I'm glad it took them until heavensward to fix Scholar so that it wouldn't be so hard to play as during Brayflox Longstop. (Yes, Selene didn't even have her AoE Esuna until Heavensward. SCH couldn't remove status effects in Brayflox Normal at all until then.)

I wish they would make a Story Mode of Coils of bahamut too, but it's on an indefinite backburner.